GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Now look at Sony have done, with a shortage of PS2."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/10/00 at 16:19
Regular
PS2 crowds kick-off - [Playstation2]
Reported by Jayne Bowen
Violence broke out as customers lined up all over the US yesterday to get their hands on the console of the moment.

Fights broke out as the hope of getting a PS2 began to become nothing but a dream for the waiting hordes. Police were called to a Wal-Mart in Minot, North Dakota, when people queuing were threatened by other customers further back in line. Two eager customers at a Wal-Mart in Atlanta were fined by police for riotous behaviour. CNN reported seeing violent outbreaks and said that the same kind unrest had been prominent all over the states.

The struggle to get a PS2 has not been helped by the recent report that Sony is struggling with unit limitations due to a parts shortage. Most of the stores were filling pre-orders, leaving the waiting masses to fight over the consoles at launch.
Mon 30/10/00 at 18:19
Regular
What's happened to ali, trapped by a tree?
Mon 30/10/00 at 18:10
Regular
Nah, Geek fights are much more funnier.
Sun 29/10/00 at 21:38
Regular
"I like cheese"
I wouldn't fight over one, as I'm clever enough to of pre-ordered one from theslammer.com just a couple of days ago, and I will get it before christmas. Actually, the fighting shows how popular the PS2 is, let's hope it lives up to our expectations. Our expectations are way too high, by the way. I also think its parents fighting for consoles for their kids, as a wise person said above. Can't remember who, though??
Sun 29/10/00 at 20:28
Im not surprised that the Americans would fight over PS2's, I would have thought theyd use guns, whereas the Japanese are so rich they decide to bribe their way to the front of the queue.
Sun 29/10/00 at 20:24
"possibly impossible"
I would have thought that many people in the queue would also be parents trying desperately to get PS2s for their children's christmas present.
If I was cynical then I'd say that the US is a highly consumer-based country and anything they hear about a new product on TV they tend to believe. Sony have probably marketed the machine as the 'must have' gadget of the 21st century (until the PS3) and everyone has fallen for this whether they like to play games or not. What probably happened is that Wall-mart (who own Asda over here incidently) were offering free twinkies with every PS2.

Not that I'm incinuating anything about Americans, but I wouldn't live in a country that you had to pledge allegience to stay there.
Sun 29/10/00 at 19:22
How about - I fight for £300?
Much better idea.
Sun 29/10/00 at 16:32
Regular
Nope, not at £300.
Sun 29/10/00 at 16:31
Regular
Would anyone here, ANYONE, fight for a PS2?
Sun 29/10/00 at 16:29
Regular
Sony have totally taken over thier minds.
Sun 29/10/00 at 16:28
Regular
(You can just imagine five spotty 15 year olds with greasy hair waving their arms at eachother! Ha ha ha ha!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.