GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 17/01/00 at 14:43
Regular
When PS 2 gets here it will give people what they really want: brilliant games and graphics and no hassle. PC's are just too awkward for the uninitiated. Their only selling point before was their power. The next generation consoles will make this difference tiny. No wonder Bill Gates wants to make a console!
Mon 17/01/00 at 14:43
When PS 2 gets here it will give people what they really want: brilliant games and graphics and no hassle. PC's are just too awkward for the uninitiated. Their only selling point before was their power. The next generation consoles will make this difference tiny. No wonder Bill Gates wants to make a console!
Tue 18/01/00 at 20:50
Hmmm I have heard this one before The thing is that PS2 may well be the state of the art on release but the really important thing is that WE PC users will just have to add another card a bit more ram maybe a processor but believe me PC's are not dead their inate upgradability have always and will always keep them ahead of the consoles.
Wed 19/01/00 at 19:04
I want to network two pcs for internet connection sharing, productivity and games. Has anyone tried out the different kits? I saw a cheap deal for a 4 port hub and two cards at microwarehouse. It said it lacked BNC support. What is BNC support?
Thu 20/01/00 at 09:22
There are two types of network connection around at the moment - UTP and BNC. UTP is basically the standard, with BNC getting rather old. With BNC, every machine in connected up with one long 'trunk' of co-axial-like cable. UTP is more like a telephone lead, and requires hubs, etc. for interconnection.

You almost definitely don't need BNC support.

Cripper wrote:
: I want to network two pcs for internet connection sharing, productivity and games. Has anyone tried out the different kits? I saw a cheap deal for a 4 port hub and two cards at microwarehouse. It said it lacked BNC support. What is BNC support?
Thu 20/01/00 at 09:37
Special Reserve offer a number of low cost networking kits and separates. Search on NETWORK CARD to see them all.

Baz wrote:
: There are two types of network connection around at the moment - UTP and BNC. UTP is basically the standard, with BNC getting rather old. With BNC, every machine in connected up with one long 'trunk' of co-axial-like cable. UTP is more like a telephone lead, and requires hubs, etc. for interconnection.
:
: You almost definitely don't need BNC support.
:
: Cripper wrote:
: : I want to network two pcs for internet connection sharing, productivity and games. Has anyone tried out the different kits? I saw a cheap deal for a 4 port hub and two cards at microwarehouse. It said it lacked BNC support. What is BNC support?
Mon 24/01/00 at 14:11
Vortex Master 1 wrote:
"When PS 2 gets here it will give people what they really want: brilliant games and graphics and no hassle. PC's are just too awkward for the uninitiated. Their only selling point before was their power. The next generation consoles will make this difference tiny. No wonder Bill Gates wants to make a console!"

And how do you think you're games are written in the first place, hmmm?

You're talking about 2 different markets here - the PC won't just die because yet another console is on the market.

People don't just buy PCs for games!!

Egads
Marty
Thu 03/02/00 at 23:55
i cannot access my email account at the mo (freeola email),
im pretty sure my settings are correct so i figure its the server down for changes etc???
anyway ive just ordered a dvd drive and two dvd roms from special reserve (my membership number is 359807)
could u please tell me if it has worked(my order)
thanks for your help
Sat 12/02/00 at 00:59
I have a Guillemot Prophet nVidea GeForce graphics processing unit and am experiencing problems with both EA's "World Cup Cricket 99" and the demo of Microsoft's "Midtown Madness".

In the sports sim' players or parts of players will actually disappear and the sky is badly affected. In the driving simulation much of the horizon can be totally obscured.

I have Direct X Version 7 installed and am running an Athlon rather than a Pentium PC - does anyone know how I can go about solving this so that I can actually enjoy the games - I'm wary of buying more if they're not going to function properly.
Tue 29/02/00 at 03:12
Sounds like you could do with some updated drivers for the graphics card.

Have you tried Guillemot's web site?
http://www.guillemot.com/uk/index.html

Downloading and installing the latest version drivers might help. Also, it might just (possibly) be an issue with those games. See if there are any update patches available for them.

Tatterdemalion wrote:
: I have a Guillemot Prophet nVidea GeForce graphics processing unit and am experiencing problems with both EA's "World Cup Cricket 99" and the demo of Microsoft's "Midtown Madness".
:
: In the sports sim' players or parts of players will actually disappear and the sky is badly affected. In the driving simulation much of the horizon can be totally obscured.
:
: I have Direct X Version 7 installed and am running an Athlon rather than a Pentium PC - does anyone know how I can go about solving this so that I can actually enjoy the games - I'm wary of buying more if they're not going to function properly.
Thu 16/03/00 at 20:07
check out
www.geocities.com/broomsy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.