GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming heaven within a year ?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/05/02 at 00:48
Regular
I've been reading through X-Gamer and looking at the progress on some of the much anticipated games, etc and it has to be said, X-Box owners have got a hell of a lot to look forward to. :-)

200 games by Christmas along with loads more quality games coming in early 2003. Looking at all the titles coming both soon and a few months down the line, I've come with at least around 30 titles that I really want to get. :-)

Its been ages since I've wanted so many games on one console. :-) Plus not only that, there is that mouth watering subject of the X-Box going online which is going to steal away a large number of hours from most of us. :-)

Even looking at this Friday, with both Crash and Yager coming out, thats 2 games I want just out of one day along with Champ Manager and either ISS 2 of Fifa World Cup 2002. Then theres games like Gun Metal, Grand Prix 4, Chase, Hunter The Reckoning, Crazy Taxi 3, etc.
After that you have the major titles on the way such as Unreal Championship, Project Ego, Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic, Halo 2, Mech Assault, MGS Substance, SWAT : Global Strike Team, etc.

Apparently EA is also holding back MOH : Allied Assault because they're hoping to add online options to the game which is certainly good news. :-)
The X-Box has plenty of exclusives on the way including some tasty titles from Sega who are responsible for a large number of excellent games.

Certainly looks like Microsoft are going in the right direction and the future is definatly looking bright for the X-Box with all the great games on the way. Be very happy X-Box owners, you've made a good choice and by Christmas we should be meeting up online regularly till stupid hours of the morning playing the titles we're currently drooling over. ;-)
Sun 02/06/02 at 22:08
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Move house - you know X-Box Live is worth it. :-)
Sun 02/06/02 at 21:32
Regular
"ProGolfer"
I live in a place where i will never be able to get broadband and the inerent is so slow.
Fri 31/05/02 at 22:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Console_kid wrote:
> Its a shame not everyone has Broadband!!!

I'll have it very soon as today our area can order ADSL. So hopefully I will have it by the end of June if not a little sooner :).
Fri 31/05/02 at 21:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Meh sod em, they're problem. ;-)
Fri 31/05/02 at 19:31
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Its a shame not everyone has Broadband!!!
Fri 31/05/02 at 00:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its definatly a story worth keeping an eye on. I'd love to see Conker's get onto the X-Box. ;-)

Thing is, if Nintendo lose a large amount of Rare's games as exclusives, they could end up in big trouble because although they have the likes of their own games such as Mario and Zelda, I don't think they will be enough to keep the Gamecube going.

Obviously the more hardcore fans will stick with it no matter what and scream in defiance until the console is 6 feet under, but overall it could really hit Nintendo badly because Rare are such a strong part of Nintendo's success lately.

I mean, of course Nintendo will still have Rare games, but if someone is looking to buy a new console, they'll probably be unlikely to goto the GC when X-Box and PS2 both have them plus they're own titles. Like I said, the likes of Mario and Zelda are good, but I don't think they're enough to keep the GC afloat.
Thu 30/05/02 at 23:47
I wonder if thats why the ninty boss is "advising" hmmmm
Thu 30/05/02 at 21:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I didn't read the 2 pages covering it, but it basically looked like an article about Rare going multiformat and what this could mean in the way of certain games coming to X-Box.

It'd certainly be a big name to have notched to the belt as far as third party support goes. Not to mention a big blow for Nintendo.
Thu 30/05/02 at 21:15
Regular
Yeah, sorry, it was XBM.
I only saw it briefly in a shop today. It was in celophane and I just read the headline on the cover.
Thu 30/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
You sure its X-Gamer and not XBM ? I have X-Gamer and I didn't notice that. My mate got XBM yesterday though and it has a two page thing about Rare and what they could bring to the X-Box, so maybe its that mag. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.