GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SOF2 single player demo available!"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/05/02 at 23:17
Regular
With all this talk of an imminent Unreal Tourny 2003 demo imminent, I decided to check and see if one had been released for SOF2, having expected one for months now.
Well, low and behold, over at www.ravensoft.com, there is was!!

I'm not sure what's included in the demo (I'm only 30% downloaded) and it's fairly large at 137mb. Still, if you can't wait till Friday for the game's release (don't forget my GAD win SR), get downloadin'!

All being well, I'll bring you lot my verdict of the demo tomorrow evening...come on now, 56k... :)
Tue 28/05/02 at 16:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've seen the specs for your new PC sniper, I think it'll be more than enough to handle it.
Tue 28/05/02 at 16:37
Regular
i have to say it is brilliant.... now all i need is a good pc!
Tue 28/05/02 at 14:01
Regular
Uncle Albert wrote:
> Little Hobbo wrote:
> >what did you win the GAD with?
>
> Ermmm, can't exactly remember...it was a few months ago now in FOG
> prime.
>
> Ah DAMN!! I went to resume the download this morning and the damn
> thing wiped itself! 50megs down the drain! What's worse, the blummin'
> thing won't get going again! That's you, ain't it Snipe? Hogging all
> the bloody bandwidth! ;)

lol 512k i wonder why i would be hogging it after hours :D
Tue 28/05/02 at 13:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I downloaded the demo. It has two levels, the columbian jungle level around ruins of ancient temples, and a cargo ship at sea where you can be stealthy if you please. There is also the random map genorator on the main menu, but this has been disabled for the demo.

Ghoul 2 has been disabled as well for the demo, so don't expect to be shooting off anybodies head. It's a fun demo, with plenty of action, and it looks ten times better than the origanal game looked. The A.I is very well done, I fought a couple of soldiers who droped smoke bombs so I couldn't see them, and in turn shot back at me through the smoke.

There are plenty of weapons to try also, the AK47, micro uzi's, shotgun, a silenced pistol for the ship level ect. But the demo is hard. Getting into gun battles got me killed three times, mainly due to the enemy A.I and the fact that more than four soldiers shooting at you will more often than not leave you dead.

I think they could have put more in the demo to show off the game, but It'll keep me occupied until I get the full version on friday.
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:23
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Little Hobbo wrote:
>what did you win the GAD with?

Ermmm, can't exactly remember...it was a few months ago now in FOG prime.

Ah DAMN!! I went to resume the download this morning and the damn thing wiped itself! 50megs down the drain! What's worse, the blummin' thing won't get going again! That's you, ain't it Snipe? Hogging all the bloody bandwidth! ;)
Tue 28/05/02 at 12:16
Regular
137mb is that all....
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Nice one. I've got SOF2 on pre-order but I can't wait until friday to play the full game. I suppose this demo will keep me occupied until the game arrives on my doorstep, and you're right, it is a bloody big download. It'll be worth it though.
Tue 28/05/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Cheers, what did you win the GAD with?
Mon 27/05/02 at 23:17
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
With all this talk of an imminent Unreal Tourny 2003 demo imminent, I decided to check and see if one had been released for SOF2, having expected one for months now.
Well, low and behold, over at www.ravensoft.com, there is was!!

I'm not sure what's included in the demo (I'm only 30% downloaded) and it's fairly large at 137mb. Still, if you can't wait till Friday for the game's release (don't forget my GAD win SR), get downloadin'!

All being well, I'll bring you lot my verdict of the demo tomorrow evening...come on now, 56k... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.