GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"{PS3 Game- Motorstorm}"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'MotorStorm'.
Sat 08/03/08 at 11:57
Regular
"Hello?"
One of the very first games to blossom from the PS3, is it still able to compete with the latest releases that are retailing at £40-£50?

Motorstorm is obviously a choice for the racing fan, but to be honest I’m not really a fan of the racing scene. So why has this game pulled me in and affected my sleep pattern for the last few weeks? Many a night has the statement ‘just one more game’ become apparent, 3 hours later forcing myself to turn the black beauty off!

I’ve always longed for a game with a killer soundtrack, one that keeps your pulse racing and your adrenaline pumping. The track selections that have been chosen for this game are near perfect, everything seems to fit it neatly in the sound department. When you’re battling your way around the desert race track in last place you sometimes feel like hitting ‘restart race’ but the music seem to keep your hope alive!

Considering this was one of the very first games born from the PS3 it stills shines like a diamond in the ruff next to the latest release selection. The intro sequence for the game is pretty stunning and sets your up for the ride ahead. The crash camera is much like that of the burnout series slow motion visuals of your vehicle smashing into tiny pieces.

Like many other racing games you’ve go to work your way up to unlock new vehicles and tracks. Motorstorm is basically one huge event deep within a blissful desert landscape. There are various vehicles to choose from like bikes, atvs, mud pulggers and racing cars. There seems to be something for everyone’s preference. The difficulty of each race seems to vary, this is not one of those racing games you will become a pro at overnight, some practice is essential.

You will not complete this game on day one, but does it have enough to offer for that second day? Well to be honest if the online mode isn’t available to yourself I would probably advise renting the game out to make your own mind up. There is something rather mundane about racing the computer over and over again, it’s difficult in my opinion to keep a racing game alive after completion. This is where the online option stands out.

The online mode lengthens the games lifespan hugely. When playing Motorstorm online be sure to have a few practise games as there really are some pros on there! There is something about playing against real people opposed to the computer AI that is so addictive. It’s your chance to prove your gaming ability against anyone in the world. There are a few lag glitches in the online mode sometimes but nothing to annoy.

You can pick Motorstorm up for about £15 and for a PS3 game that’s pretty darn good! I’ve not regretted this purchase as it has that great pick up and play asset. Boasting an uplifting soundtrack and beautiful scenery Motorstorm is still a winner in my opinion.

8/10
Sat 08/03/08 at 12:07
Regular
Good review, Motorstorm is a good game, Do you want to add me mate? Dan2008 if you do :)
Sat 08/03/08 at 11:57
Regular
"Hello?"
One of the very first games to blossom from the PS3, is it still able to compete with the latest releases that are retailing at £40-£50?

Motorstorm is obviously a choice for the racing fan, but to be honest I’m not really a fan of the racing scene. So why has this game pulled me in and affected my sleep pattern for the last few weeks? Many a night has the statement ‘just one more game’ become apparent, 3 hours later forcing myself to turn the black beauty off!

I’ve always longed for a game with a killer soundtrack, one that keeps your pulse racing and your adrenaline pumping. The track selections that have been chosen for this game are near perfect, everything seems to fit it neatly in the sound department. When you’re battling your way around the desert race track in last place you sometimes feel like hitting ‘restart race’ but the music seem to keep your hope alive!

Considering this was one of the very first games born from the PS3 it stills shines like a diamond in the ruff next to the latest release selection. The intro sequence for the game is pretty stunning and sets your up for the ride ahead. The crash camera is much like that of the burnout series slow motion visuals of your vehicle smashing into tiny pieces.

Like many other racing games you’ve go to work your way up to unlock new vehicles and tracks. Motorstorm is basically one huge event deep within a blissful desert landscape. There are various vehicles to choose from like bikes, atvs, mud pulggers and racing cars. There seems to be something for everyone’s preference. The difficulty of each race seems to vary, this is not one of those racing games you will become a pro at overnight, some practice is essential.

You will not complete this game on day one, but does it have enough to offer for that second day? Well to be honest if the online mode isn’t available to yourself I would probably advise renting the game out to make your own mind up. There is something rather mundane about racing the computer over and over again, it’s difficult in my opinion to keep a racing game alive after completion. This is where the online option stands out.

The online mode lengthens the games lifespan hugely. When playing Motorstorm online be sure to have a few practise games as there really are some pros on there! There is something about playing against real people opposed to the computer AI that is so addictive. It’s your chance to prove your gaming ability against anyone in the world. There are a few lag glitches in the online mode sometimes but nothing to annoy.

You can pick Motorstorm up for about £15 and for a PS3 game that’s pretty darn good! I’ve not regretted this purchase as it has that great pick up and play asset. Boasting an uplifting soundtrack and beautiful scenery Motorstorm is still a winner in my opinion.

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.