GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Brilliant Story (Part 3)"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 20:04
Regular
Not quite as long or as polished as before, but please someone read it.
I'm really quite enjoying this.

GAD this time?

Baek and Aeiko watched on as Oren tried to reach through to Reyen –– still unconscious. Oren had relaxed visibly over the past few minutes and was breathing deeply, the onlookers smiled, she had found him. She had her free hand up to her temple and mouthed silent words into the electrified air. Vibrant blue sparks swirled magically around her outstretched arm, singing a quiet melody and dancing towards the boy’s form. She could feel his presence there and had brought him into his own place of calm before reaching out to him, then had finally made contact and spoken for the first time.
“My name is Orenilm, but everyone calls me Oren,” she said after a few minutes of confusion, the boy was very frightened about all that was happening. “Who are you?”
“I am Reyen Cynon,” the first sensible thing he had said yet, “What am I doing here? What happened? Who are you?” Back to long strings of questions again.
“Slow down, Reyen, it is going to take a lot of time for you to understand exactly what is going on, and we’ll try to help as best as we can. But before we get anywhere I’ll need you to tell me exactly what happened three days ago in the alley. Please, we need to know.” There were several minutes of silence before he spoke again, he was trying to work things out himself but everything just ended up even more confused than before. The questions threatened to overwhelm him again.
“They, they took my father. Some men and a woman –– dressed in suits, expensive suits.” He took a deep breath, “Then they came for me. To kill me, get rid of me. Then I. I . . .” It was almost impossible to put into words what had happened, and this stranger that was talking to him some how probably wouldn't understand. “There were all these feelings. Anger, hate, sadness, despair, aggression all bound together by another feeling. I’d never felt it before, this feeling that tied everything together –– made me stronger, powerful, even.” He was struggling now, “It just came on suddenly then tried to escape, it pulled at my skin, beneath my skin. Then flew out of me towards the men. A bright light, white, dazzling. Was that me?” He stopped again for thought, and tried to fit everything together. “Yes, it was me. I killed them. The light lifted them up. Then it stopped and they fell, dead. I passed out, too weak. But I killed them.” His mind jumped about nervously, the realisation of what he had done only just dawning on him.
“Hush, Reyen, “ her voice came still and strong, “You did what you had to, you were very strong. They would have killed you if they had the chance. I know these people, they are cruel and heartless, you have helped the city and it’s inhabitants by stopping them. I went back there the day after it happened and everything was gone, the whole alley had been cleared away, not even a speck of blood stained
the concrete. They are very dangerous, Reyen, and should not be underestimated, especially now they know about us. We’ll have to be very careful..
“We know very little about them at the moment. We don’t even know their name, so we have granted them one. The Force - a group so powerful that it’s worker’s lives mean nothing. Death is not an issue, and everything is run like an intricate machine. So formidable is this group that we are privileged just to know they exist. The Force, we think, is only the surface of a some great plan that all members strive to accomplish, but what it is, even they may not know. They collect people for it’s cause, people that seem unimportant to the city, that will not be missed by anyone important. Your father was one of these, Reyen, but they didn’t count on you putting up any kind of a fight. You’ve struck down two members of The Force, and even this may be a substantial amount of that group of invisible men. But they now know you’ll be with us, we’ve run into them before, and they know about us but have yet to discover out hiding place here. But it’s only a matter of time.” She broke off and sighed, things had got both better and worse at the same time. Whilst Reyen’s strong power would help them indefinitely, The Force were getting even closer to finding them and Reyen still had to be trained. Time was running out.
“What do you mean ‘us’?” Reyen spoke out, she had forgotten to explain herself.
“Well, us. I mean us. You, me, Baek and Aeiko –– they live here with me, you’ve probably heard us talking.”
“Yes.”
“We are all like you, what you did that night was not a one-off, we can all do the same. But it’s not the same, we’re all different,” now she was struggling worse than he had a few minutes before. “Right, you have white light which sort of controls things, OK? And I have blue light which I can talk to people with, like I am with you now, though your mind. Aeiko has green, healing light and Baek has very powerful red light, like a solid wall. It’s very hard to explain everything properly, we need to show you really. Let’s finish this when you wake up.” Reyen, still confused, said nothing more.

“So,” Ambrose said at length, “Your findings since the incident, please, Amil. Quickly, now, and don’t leave anything out.” He leant back in his comfortable chair at the head of a long, sleek table on tall, metallic legs. He scanned the conference room once more and his eyes came upon the empty chairs of Lein and Silverman, those which had died in the incident. Their bodies were even too misshapen to occupy one of his glass tanks, and they would have made some good subjects. To his right sat Knight, the leader of Section 1 of The Elite –– his force the most powerful and silent mercenaries in the city split into three Sections of seven men. Knight was dressed exquisitely as always, in a stunning dark blue suit with lighter shirt and a tie that shimmered somewhere between black, blue and silver. Most of the men were dressed like this, as to blend in with the workers of the city. To his left sat Amil Ruwent, not only had he put her in charge of the research and monitoring in the lab but also of the whole of The Elite. All twenty-one men, now down to nineteen, reported to her, including the leaders of each Section. She had fitted the role perfectly, even going out on some operations with the men.
Amil kept her gaze fixed at Ambrose for longer than was necessary, she would take as long as she wanted, these were her men and they gave her more respect than him –– he never gave them any, whereas she always treated her men as they deserved. This was her meeting and she was in charge here. She paused further, looking through her notes before standing up to dominate the whole room.
“We have a problem. Reyen, the son of Danik Cynon killed two of our men, your men.” She stopped for a moment and thought, her speech had been planned out beforehand and could be picked up at any place. But a nagging feeling scratched the back of her mind once again. Cynon, where had she heard that name before? “We have no information on him –– not even a face at the moment –– but our men on the street,” by this she meant some beggars they had chosen for contacts, these ones she could accept –– they now had respectable jobs and were helping Megondoth, unlike the rest of them, “saw a silver-haired woman carrying a boy over her shoulder shortly after the incident. We all know a silver-haired woman, the one seen, yet never caught, around here. The one that skulks around then disappears suddenly, slips in and out of security like it was nothing. She has got past Level Three devices in restricted areas –– that’s nowhere near us, but she’s getting closer all the time and finding little pieces of information here and there that even Ruler Koto has failed to discover. And now she has a new recruit, the boy Reyen –– he’s some kind of freak, just like her, with abnormal strength. Lein and Silverman, they were two of our best men –– quick, strong, reliable and deadly but one boy, one small, puny boy managed to bend their bones until they cracked, crush their skulls and rip their flesh. This is no boy we’re talking about, more of a monster than a boy, and the silver-haired one has him.
“She leads a rebel group. Or that’s what we can figure. An evil group with hoards of members and supporters, all freaks like her and now that once innocent boy. This rebel group know about us –– The Elite –– for sure but it’s only time before they work out what is going on down here and only one word needs to be said to a Senior Warden or Mr. Koto himself and our plan is shattered once again, for hundreds more years. We are striving to build Megondoth back into a city of glory, as it was once, a great city with power over the west and the east. The final stages are drawing close. One slip-up now and the whole thing could collapse and down with it would come the promise of a better place for the hard-working citizens of the city. But a force is opposing us, a great force maybe numbering more than ourselves is trying to stop a bright future for all. They are based somewhere in the east of the city in the Ruins, no doubt, but we are too few to charge in and destroy their filthy nest. We will send our scouts into the Ruins and find them, then silently set up a trap to exterminate the festering swarm, or, at least, their misshapen leaders. Our top priority now is to eliminate the mere idea of sabotage to our plan and Megondoth’s future by a mindless rabble of witless freaks, they pose a dangerous threat and should not be underestimated.” She looked back down at her notes, ignoring the reactions of shock, disgust and newly-found hate for the rebel group. She turned to Ambrose and held his gaze, again for an period longer than necessary. He nodded approvingly at her, the speech had even been a success on him. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do. One tank remains, just for you.” She added quietly to him and strolled out of the conference room and on with her monitoring duties.
Knight rose along with his Section and went to leave, Ambrose beckoned him. “Lein and Silverman’s replacements are being trained, they will be with you shortly and you will have a full team again, just hang on.” He said. Knight leaned in threateningly close to him and stared, hard.
“I’ll not hang on for anyone,” he hissed, “this Section has been broken and that’s how it will stay, no-one can be replaced, outsiders pose more of a threat than a depleted team. We’re still strong enough, and that boy will pay with his life for what he’s done. The Broken Section will have revenge for their brothers.” He smiled wryly and left Ambrose alone in the room, as powerless as ever, but now he realised it for the first time now –– things were falling apart. Koto getting suspicious, Amil’s defiant behaviour, the rebel group and now the Broken Section, the plan was crumbling and he was the only one left supporting it.

Reyen blinked into the dull orange lamp-light of city dusk from a small lamp on a table next to him. He rubbed irritating residue from his eyes, pushed himself up against the wall and noticed someone has changed him into comfortable bed-clothes. He rolled his weary head to the side and smiled with effort at the woman seated in the chair next to him. They had talked some more when he was asleep and he had come to terms with what had happened and why he was here, although he still had some questions that Orenilm –– Oren, rather, had told him would be better answered visually when he had got his strength back. Her appearance did not shock him, it seemed to embody her melodic voice perfectly. She has long, smooth face matched with thin lips which sat in a knowing smile and an indifferent nose which retired under the strength of her eyes. They blazed forth, a strong steely grey, with such assured power that he found himself lost within them, almost drowning in their secrets. Her shining silver hair cascaded down to the small of her back, a few waves crashed over her shoulders. He glanced back into her eyes and started, she was a silent picture of peace. There was no awkward shufflings or averted glances, she only smiled that knowing smile and pushed back and stared levelly at him, this was the first time he had looked at a stranger without the awkwardness between them. Instead, he felt an strange feeling washing over him and quickly lowered his eyes, this women was surely strong but he felt peaceful now, just being in her company.
They sat like this for a while, neither one knowing what to say but both happy with the silence until footfalls could be heard in the chamber beyond and the heavy wooden door slid open gracefully. In walked two figures Aeiko and Baek, Reyen thought, he had not spoken to them as he had to Oren, they had different skills she had said. Aeiko came in first, she was a little shorter than the others, and him too most probably, but was all the more beautiful for it. Her hair he noticed first, it was streaked blonde and brown, most of it swept up atop her head and fastened with a long golden chain with a small glass ball at each end, one white and the other green –– it looked familiar. The rest of her hair hung loose and curved beside her face down to her jaw. Her eyes were a deep green which seemed to contain more thoughts, feelings and understanding than she exuded with the rest of her body.
Baek strode in after her, he was as tall as Oren but with broad shoulders and a powerful figure dominated more than she. He had a head of gold, curled up into tight springs and a strong face and
jaw-line. His sapphire eyes glittered mischievously showing a playful and charming side to him that was echoed in his permanent grin rimmed with a few day’s growth of stubble.
Reyen looked straight into the eyes of each one of them and almost sighed as none of the awkwardness he had come to associate with strangers emerged. He felt accepted at once and relaxed back onto his pillows, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all.
“Welcome, Reyen, into our home, “ Baek began, “Our home is now your home, relax and enjoy it. Although it looks like you already are.” He added, casting his eye over the slumped figure and grinning wildly.
“Your clothes are over there, cleaned, and there’s some water and soap to wash with,” Oren interjected, she was not fond of Baek brisk manner, “We’ll wait outside while you get ready, take your time.” She stood up, her hair tumbling down her back and led the party out of the small chamber.
“Welcome, Reyen.” Aeiko added before closing the door, she was having a little trouble getting used to having a new face around.

Reyen lay still for a while and took in the atmosphere of the room. The air was definitely cleaner and more pleasant here, he felt refreshed breathing in and out deeply. The small room was mostly bare but pleasantly furnished, the dim orange lamp light gave it an almost magical feel and shimmered in the depths of the dark wooden furniture. He slid out from the bed sheets and walked carefully over the cool stone floor, his feet were a little shaky after so much time lying and his whole body was still weak from his experience. This thought of what happened to him those three nights ago didn’t bother him anymore, in fact he was quite exited about the power he had discovered and felt privileged to be with it. Oren had said that he would learn how to control and develop his power shortly, he was looking forward to it greatly.
He washed quickly with warm water from a deep basin then dressed in loose denim jeans and a warm long-sleeved top, swinging a comfortable shirt over the top of it. He sat on the edge of the bed and thought awhile.
Outside, waiting for him, were three complete strangers. One he had spoken to somehow through his mind when he was unconscious and the other two radiated a power that set the air on fire. And they had accepted him into their group instantly, as if he were family. Perhaps they didn’t neccesarily want him here with them, maybe they needed him. Considering what Oren had said to him about them all having the same sort of power which had coursed though his veins and invigorated his spirit it seemed they did need him –– more manpower, strength, support for what ever they had planned. Would they try to use him? Try to manipulate him into doing what they wanted? There was enough of them to force him into doing what they wanted. But, no, she had tried to help him, calm him, and Baek had been friendly enough. Was it all an act? Would he be used to corrupt the good of the city? No and no again. They wouldn’t do that to him, they all gave off a strong feeling of warmth and peace towards him, they would help him use what he had found –– his own strength. And he still had an oath of vengeance to whoever took his father, perhaps these strangers fought for the same cause.
No, not strangers. Friends.
He took one last deep breath and strode confidently towards outwards into the next room.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:04
"period drama"
Not quite as long or as polished as before, but please someone read it.
I'm really quite enjoying this.

GAD this time?

Baek and Aeiko watched on as Oren tried to reach through to Reyen –– still unconscious. Oren had relaxed visibly over the past few minutes and was breathing deeply, the onlookers smiled, she had found him. She had her free hand up to her temple and mouthed silent words into the electrified air. Vibrant blue sparks swirled magically around her outstretched arm, singing a quiet melody and dancing towards the boy’s form. She could feel his presence there and had brought him into his own place of calm before reaching out to him, then had finally made contact and spoken for the first time.
“My name is Orenilm, but everyone calls me Oren,” she said after a few minutes of confusion, the boy was very frightened about all that was happening. “Who are you?”
“I am Reyen Cynon,” the first sensible thing he had said yet, “What am I doing here? What happened? Who are you?” Back to long strings of questions again.
“Slow down, Reyen, it is going to take a lot of time for you to understand exactly what is going on, and we’ll try to help as best as we can. But before we get anywhere I’ll need you to tell me exactly what happened three days ago in the alley. Please, we need to know.” There were several minutes of silence before he spoke again, he was trying to work things out himself but everything just ended up even more confused than before. The questions threatened to overwhelm him again.
“They, they took my father. Some men and a woman –– dressed in suits, expensive suits.” He took a deep breath, “Then they came for me. To kill me, get rid of me. Then I. I . . .” It was almost impossible to put into words what had happened, and this stranger that was talking to him some how probably wouldn't understand. “There were all these feelings. Anger, hate, sadness, despair, aggression all bound together by another feeling. I’d never felt it before, this feeling that tied everything together –– made me stronger, powerful, even.” He was struggling now, “It just came on suddenly then tried to escape, it pulled at my skin, beneath my skin. Then flew out of me towards the men. A bright light, white, dazzling. Was that me?” He stopped again for thought, and tried to fit everything together. “Yes, it was me. I killed them. The light lifted them up. Then it stopped and they fell, dead. I passed out, too weak. But I killed them.” His mind jumped about nervously, the realisation of what he had done only just dawning on him.
“Hush, Reyen, “ her voice came still and strong, “You did what you had to, you were very strong. They would have killed you if they had the chance. I know these people, they are cruel and heartless, you have helped the city and it’s inhabitants by stopping them. I went back there the day after it happened and everything was gone, the whole alley had been cleared away, not even a speck of blood stained
the concrete. They are very dangerous, Reyen, and should not be underestimated, especially now they know about us. We’ll have to be very careful..
“We know very little about them at the moment. We don’t even know their name, so we have granted them one. The Force - a group so powerful that it’s worker’s lives mean nothing. Death is not an issue, and everything is run like an intricate machine. So formidable is this group that we are privileged just to know they exist. The Force, we think, is only the surface of a some great plan that all members strive to accomplish, but what it is, even they may not know. They collect people for it’s cause, people that seem unimportant to the city, that will not be missed by anyone important. Your father was one of these, Reyen, but they didn’t count on you putting up any kind of a fight. You’ve struck down two members of The Force, and even this may be a substantial amount of that group of invisible men. But they now know you’ll be with us, we’ve run into them before, and they know about us but have yet to discover out hiding place here. But it’s only a matter of time.” She broke off and sighed, things had got both better and worse at the same time. Whilst Reyen’s strong power would help them indefinitely, The Force were getting even closer to finding them and Reyen still had to be trained. Time was running out.
“What do you mean ‘us’?” Reyen spoke out, she had forgotten to explain herself.
“Well, us. I mean us. You, me, Baek and Aeiko –– they live here with me, you’ve probably heard us talking.”
“Yes.”
“We are all like you, what you did that night was not a one-off, we can all do the same. But it’s not the same, we’re all different,” now she was struggling worse than he had a few minutes before. “Right, you have white light which sort of controls things, OK? And I have blue light which I can talk to people with, like I am with you now, though your mind. Aeiko has green, healing light and Baek has very powerful red light, like a solid wall. It’s very hard to explain everything properly, we need to show you really. Let’s finish this when you wake up.” Reyen, still confused, said nothing more.

“So,” Ambrose said at length, “Your findings since the incident, please, Amil. Quickly, now, and don’t leave anything out.” He leant back in his comfortable chair at the head of a long, sleek table on tall, metallic legs. He scanned the conference room once more and his eyes came upon the empty chairs of Lein and Silverman, those which had died in the incident. Their bodies were even too misshapen to occupy one of his glass tanks, and they would have made some good subjects. To his right sat Knight, the leader of Section 1 of The Elite –– his force the most powerful and silent mercenaries in the city split into three Sections of seven men. Knight was dressed exquisitely as always, in a stunning dark blue suit with lighter shirt and a tie that shimmered somewhere between black, blue and silver. Most of the men were dressed like this, as to blend in with the workers of the city. To his left sat Amil Ruwent, not only had he put her in charge of the research and monitoring in the lab but also of the whole of The Elite. All twenty-one men, now down to nineteen, reported to her, including the leaders of each Section. She had fitted the role perfectly, even going out on some operations with the men.
Amil kept her gaze fixed at Ambrose for longer than was necessary, she would take as long as she wanted, these were her men and they gave her more respect than him –– he never gave them any, whereas she always treated her men as they deserved. This was her meeting and she was in charge here. She paused further, looking through her notes before standing up to dominate the whole room.
“We have a problem. Reyen, the son of Danik Cynon killed two of our men, your men.” She stopped for a moment and thought, her speech had been planned out beforehand and could be picked up at any place. But a nagging feeling scratched the back of her mind once again. Cynon, where had she heard that name before? “We have no information on him –– not even a face at the moment –– but our men on the street,” by this she meant some beggars they had chosen for contacts, these ones she could accept –– they now had respectable jobs and were helping Megondoth, unlike the rest of them, “saw a silver-haired woman carrying a boy over her shoulder shortly after the incident. We all know a silver-haired woman, the one seen, yet never caught, around here. The one that skulks around then disappears suddenly, slips in and out of security like it was nothing. She has got past Level Three devices in restricted areas –– that’s nowhere near us, but she’s getting closer all the time and finding little pieces of information here and there that even Ruler Koto has failed to discover. And now she has a new recruit, the boy Reyen –– he’s some kind of freak, just like her, with abnormal strength. Lein and Silverman, they were two of our best men –– quick, strong, reliable and deadly but one boy, one small, puny boy managed to bend their bones until they cracked, crush their skulls and rip their flesh. This is no boy we’re talking about, more of a monster than a boy, and the silver-haired one has him.
“She leads a rebel group. Or that’s what we can figure. An evil group with hoards of members and supporters, all freaks like her and now that once innocent boy. This rebel group know about us –– The Elite –– for sure but it’s only time before they work out what is going on down here and only one word needs to be said to a Senior Warden or Mr. Koto himself and our plan is shattered once again, for hundreds more years. We are striving to build Megondoth back into a city of glory, as it was once, a great city with power over the west and the east. The final stages are drawing close. One slip-up now and the whole thing could collapse and down with it would come the promise of a better place for the hard-working citizens of the city. But a force is opposing us, a great force maybe numbering more than ourselves is trying to stop a bright future for all. They are based somewhere in the east of the city in the Ruins, no doubt, but we are too few to charge in and destroy their filthy nest. We will send our scouts into the Ruins and find them, then silently set up a trap to exterminate the festering swarm, or, at least, their misshapen leaders. Our top priority now is to eliminate the mere idea of sabotage to our plan and Megondoth’s future by a mindless rabble of witless freaks, they pose a dangerous threat and should not be underestimated.” She looked back down at her notes, ignoring the reactions of shock, disgust and newly-found hate for the rebel group. She turned to Ambrose and held his gaze, again for an period longer than necessary. He nodded approvingly at her, the speech had even been a success on him. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do. One tank remains, just for you.” She added quietly to him and strolled out of the conference room and on with her monitoring duties.
Knight rose along with his Section and went to leave, Ambrose beckoned him. “Lein and Silverman’s replacements are being trained, they will be with you shortly and you will have a full team again, just hang on.” He said. Knight leaned in threateningly close to him and stared, hard.
“I’ll not hang on for anyone,” he hissed, “this Section has been broken and that’s how it will stay, no-one can be replaced, outsiders pose more of a threat than a depleted team. We’re still strong enough, and that boy will pay with his life for what he’s done. The Broken Section will have revenge for their brothers.” He smiled wryly and left Ambrose alone in the room, as powerless as ever, but now he realised it for the first time now –– things were falling apart. Koto getting suspicious, Amil’s defiant behaviour, the rebel group and now the Broken Section, the plan was crumbling and he was the only one left supporting it.

Reyen blinked into the dull orange lamp-light of city dusk from a small lamp on a table next to him. He rubbed irritating residue from his eyes, pushed himself up against the wall and noticed someone has changed him into comfortable bed-clothes. He rolled his weary head to the side and smiled with effort at the woman seated in the chair next to him. They had talked some more when he was asleep and he had come to terms with what had happened and why he was here, although he still had some questions that Orenilm –– Oren, rather, had told him would be better answered visually when he had got his strength back. Her appearance did not shock him, it seemed to embody her melodic voice perfectly. She has long, smooth face matched with thin lips which sat in a knowing smile and an indifferent nose which retired under the strength of her eyes. They blazed forth, a strong steely grey, with such assured power that he found himself lost within them, almost drowning in their secrets. Her shining silver hair cascaded down to the small of her back, a few waves crashed over her shoulders. He glanced back into her eyes and started, she was a silent picture of peace. There was no awkward shufflings or averted glances, she only smiled that knowing smile and pushed back and stared levelly at him, this was the first time he had looked at a stranger without the awkwardness between them. Instead, he felt an strange feeling washing over him and quickly lowered his eyes, this women was surely strong but he felt peaceful now, just being in her company.
They sat like this for a while, neither one knowing what to say but both happy with the silence until footfalls could be heard in the chamber beyond and the heavy wooden door slid open gracefully. In walked two figures Aeiko and Baek, Reyen thought, he had not spoken to them as he had to Oren, they had different skills she had said. Aeiko came in first, she was a little shorter than the others, and him too most probably, but was all the more beautiful for it. Her hair he noticed first, it was streaked blonde and brown, most of it swept up atop her head and fastened with a long golden chain with a small glass ball at each end, one white and the other green –– it looked familiar. The rest of her hair hung loose and curved beside her face down to her jaw. Her eyes were a deep green which seemed to contain more thoughts, feelings and understanding than she exuded with the rest of her body.
Baek strode in after her, he was as tall as Oren but with broad shoulders and a powerful figure dominated more than she. He had a head of gold, curled up into tight springs and a strong face and
jaw-line. His sapphire eyes glittered mischievously showing a playful and charming side to him that was echoed in his permanent grin rimmed with a few day’s growth of stubble.
Reyen looked straight into the eyes of each one of them and almost sighed as none of the awkwardness he had come to associate with strangers emerged. He felt accepted at once and relaxed back onto his pillows, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad after all.
“Welcome, Reyen, into our home, “ Baek began, “Our home is now your home, relax and enjoy it. Although it looks like you already are.” He added, casting his eye over the slumped figure and grinning wildly.
“Your clothes are over there, cleaned, and there’s some water and soap to wash with,” Oren interjected, she was not fond of Baek brisk manner, “We’ll wait outside while you get ready, take your time.” She stood up, her hair tumbling down her back and led the party out of the small chamber.
“Welcome, Reyen.” Aeiko added before closing the door, she was having a little trouble getting used to having a new face around.

Reyen lay still for a while and took in the atmosphere of the room. The air was definitely cleaner and more pleasant here, he felt refreshed breathing in and out deeply. The small room was mostly bare but pleasantly furnished, the dim orange lamp light gave it an almost magical feel and shimmered in the depths of the dark wooden furniture. He slid out from the bed sheets and walked carefully over the cool stone floor, his feet were a little shaky after so much time lying and his whole body was still weak from his experience. This thought of what happened to him those three nights ago didn’t bother him anymore, in fact he was quite exited about the power he had discovered and felt privileged to be with it. Oren had said that he would learn how to control and develop his power shortly, he was looking forward to it greatly.
He washed quickly with warm water from a deep basin then dressed in loose denim jeans and a warm long-sleeved top, swinging a comfortable shirt over the top of it. He sat on the edge of the bed and thought awhile.
Outside, waiting for him, were three complete strangers. One he had spoken to somehow through his mind when he was unconscious and the other two radiated a power that set the air on fire. And they had accepted him into their group instantly, as if he were family. Perhaps they didn’t neccesarily want him here with them, maybe they needed him. Considering what Oren had said to him about them all having the same sort of power which had coursed though his veins and invigorated his spirit it seemed they did need him –– more manpower, strength, support for what ever they had planned. Would they try to use him? Try to manipulate him into doing what they wanted? There was enough of them to force him into doing what they wanted. But, no, she had tried to help him, calm him, and Baek had been friendly enough. Was it all an act? Would he be used to corrupt the good of the city? No and no again. They wouldn’t do that to him, they all gave off a strong feeling of warmth and peace towards him, they would help him use what he had found –– his own strength. And he still had an oath of vengeance to whoever took his father, perhaps these strangers fought for the same cause.
No, not strangers. Friends.
He took one last deep breath and strode confidently towards outwards into the next room.
Thu 23/05/02 at 20:55
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Not quite as long or as polished as before, but please someone read
> it.
> I'm really quite enjoying this.

How many parts are you making.
These are pretty good

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.