GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Making my own site now..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 12:45
Regular
Thought I might as well start plugging my notepad full of HTML again, so I'm putting together a small site. I'm probably going to use it as a small portal of some kind.

I'm only hosting it on Geocities, so don't expect any gobsmacking server side includes. I'll keep you updated as I start to put it together.

If anyone has any amazing idea of what they would like to see on my site, let me know.

IB
Fri 07/06/02 at 16:40
Regular
Rich-Xboxsource wrote:
> Geocities suck, they only offer 20Mb of space, no PHP or anything, and
> loads of pop-ups, oh well, I suppose that's what you get for using a
> free host.

20MB I WISH!!!!!!!!!!

They actually only give you 15MB
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:58
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
What is io?
i'm hoping to get my own server running soon enough, but i'm hoping that it will be more of a small server rather than hosting Gb's of websites, they'd probably just be flashy Geocities kinda things, I think Luke's very generous to share his modem, I get miffed when people start downloading chunks off me from KaZaA...yes I could stop but if everyone did that i'd have nothing to download!
Arn't you getting ASDL anyway? that would be neat to serve off, especially with the Box your getting.
Sun 02/06/02 at 20:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Heh, yes. If I had BB, I'd start hosting my own sites. Luke'd be relieved, because I could my gigabytes of websites and ...stuff... from io.
Sun 02/06/02 at 19:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
'All you need'? it's costs a minimum of £15 a month for a second Broadband line, thats more than most other hosts, but I guess your connected to it for as long as you want and can have as much space as you need, so I guess your right, but it can be bad if you leave it... downtime...etc
Thu 30/05/02 at 23:41
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Not really. Portland gives you no ads, PHP, CGI, MySQL and loads of other nice stuff, for free.

I'm increasingly convinced that personal hosting is the way forward. All you need is a broadband connection, a server and some knowledge about DNS and stuff.
Thu 30/05/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Geocities suck, they only offer 20Mb of space, no PHP or anything, and loads of pop-ups, oh well, I suppose that's what you get for using a free host.
Thu 23/05/02 at 21:24
"Darkness, always"
there won't be anything up there for a few days, so url is pointless. A good webmaster designs his site THEN he puts it together =)
Thu 23/05/02 at 17:46
Regular
"~yo dadio"
i can help you with the layout wats the url
myne is www.geocities.com/sonic_warfare2003/index
Thu 23/05/02 at 13:04
Or I shall find a path
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:45
"Darkness, always"
Thought I might as well start plugging my notepad full of HTML again, so I'm putting together a small site. I'm probably going to use it as a small portal of some kind.

I'm only hosting it on Geocities, so don't expect any gobsmacking server side includes. I'll keep you updated as I start to put it together.

If anyone has any amazing idea of what they would like to see on my site, let me know.

IB

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.