GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Roy Keane"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 12:25
Regular
Incase you haven't heard, Roy Keane has today announced that he will retire fully from International Football with the Republic of Irelnad after Eire's participation in the World Cup this summer over in Japan and South Korea. This news comes as a shock to both fans of his club Manchester United and everyone who's got that bit of Irish in them, expecting bigger things to come for their country in the near future with Keane in control.

This isn't the first shocking piece of news to have emerged from the Irish training camp over in Asia, thousands of miles away either. Only yesterday, one day before this, did we hear that Keano, one of the biggest parts of Mick McCarthy's plans, had some kind of serious bust-up with the Head Coach and was on his way back to the UK, as the fiery-Irishman weny AWOL!

But good news soon followed-on shortly after.
Words were said and hatchets were burried as Keano was soon on his way back to where he was needed.

But as soon as I type this I have read something new that instantly grabs everyone's attention!
It seems that he may be on his way back after all, due to the difficulties and frustration he has experienced during Ireland's trip over there.
But surely that's not reason to just quit the Word Cup!

How dis-respectfull, look at the loyalties he's breaking to his home nation! What away to blow your last crack at playing in the World Cup!!
Surely it can't ALL be down to something that's happened over there!
There must be a reasonable explanation...

Maybe he's just not the 'big player' that we all thought he was. Ireland haven't been in the World Cup for donkey's years! Maybe he's finding this all too new and different, and just can't take the pressure of the whole world watching him perform with a team that he believe do not come close to his own, personal abillity!
But this is a squad of highly-confident youngsters and older, with players like McAteer and Robbie Keane who have helped their side to do the un-thinkable and reach the World Cup Finals, while over-coming the likes of Holland and Portugal along the way - and that's something that even England haven't been able to do for the last 3 years!!

He's also a big player who takes a strong grip and control of any team in the biggest of games. He's done it in Europe on numorous accasions and the United fans and players have come to truly worship and admire a player who leads like a truly vicious role model on the pitch.
Why would he suddenly be so 'scared' and decide to 'run away' when he's been playing the likes of Bayern Munich and Juventus in fierce conditions on a regular basis??

There mus be another explanation that doesn't envlove his 'on the pitch' antics.
We all know already how he isn't exactly 'Mr. Nice Guy' off the pitch as we've seen in the past. He's critisised his own loyal, 'prawn-eating' supporters at Old Trafford when he's really the one who should be recieving the complaints. Maybe something's happened between him and another player over in Japan and that's why they've sent him home?

According to the latest reports, it's all down to his own personal critisism of the way Ireland have gone about the World Cup.
So maybe with his growing Ego he feels that they should be doing things 'his way' and no different.
If this is the case then he deserves to loose the Captain's Armband, but maybe not go home.

Whatever the reason is for Keane's sudden departure back home - wether he's been sent back or has gone AWOL - one thing that's for sure is that it's down to something that's happened off the pitch, as we know exactly what he's like on it, and that's scary enough!
One thing they shoudln't let him do is go home! We all know how he plays, and it must be horrible for Irish fans to try and imagine the size of the hole he'll leave behind in their side. He will be missed!

Are all hopes of the Irish getting past the Groups Stages going away with Roy Keane, travelling thousands of miles??? I'd say yes.

The best thing for him now is to stick with his career at club level, but fate could be awaiting him when he meets up with Alex Ferguson next after these shocking pre-World Cup antics!

You could say that the best thing for him now is to drown his sorroes down the pub. Wait a minute, he's Irish - what good would that do!! :S
Mon 27/05/02 at 18:50
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> But has he? Would you provoke and then expel the one player who could
> get your team somewhere, risking your own job in the process? Surely
> McCarthy isn't that daft...?

Well, dunno if the exact truth will ever come out, but this is what i have heard from what i have read many sources and it was talked about quite a bit on talksport all day today on 1089 MW.

Basically McCarthy called a meeting with Keane and the players to clear the air after all the shananigans of Keane quiting the world cup on tuesday but then coming back the following day. Apparently Mccarty somewhere added along the line remarks about Keane's commitment to Ireland. Refering especially to Irelands 2nd leg play-off with Iran where Keane didnt play becaue of injury but was playing the following weekend for United. Keane is a very dedicated and passionate footballer so comments like that are gonna drive the man over the edge...
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:35
"High polygon count"
Well said.

Personally I think he's just sulking like a baby because he didn't get a trophy this year. ;-p
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:33
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
If Keane wants to miss out on being one of the best players on footballs biggest stage then he can. I'm not gonna cry for him when he looks back and wishes he had stayed with Ireland.
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:32
"High polygon count"
Or†ega wrote:
> Keane quoted McCarthy saying "I'll get you back someday"

Ah, yeah - but did he really? Were there any witnesses to that as there were to his outburst at McCarthy? (Genuine question - I don't know.)

> and know he has by provoking Keane to be kicked out of the squad.

But has he? Would you provoke and then expel the one player who could get your team somewhere, risking your own job in the process? Surely McCarthy isn't that daft...?
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:27
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Keane is a goddam muppet for saying and doing what he did, and if
> Ireland had another player who was any good, we wouldn't be hearing
> any of this because he'd be replaced, and that would be that.

Ye, but the fact is that Keane would near enough get into any international team in the world. He is a world class player.
>
> What they should be saying is that Keane's international career is
> over - that's what he deserves, basically.

Keane said before he got kicked out that he was retiring from International football after the World cup.

> He's way too big for his boots anyway. Good riddance to bad rubbish
> is what I'd be saying if he were English.

In a sense his attitude is the same as Fergusons. He is a perfectionist. Heard a comparison between the two today...Like back in early 1980s when Ferguson just won the scottish cup with Aberdeen against Rangers. All the players were doing a lap of honour and celebrating while fergie was slagging off all the players and saying how they crap they performed. You get the same type of scenario's with Keane. Apparently when they got them good results in qualifying against Holland, all the lads were celebrating in the changing rooms while Keane was moaning the same way Ferguson did...

The whole "thing" with McCarthy goes right back to the early 90s when McCarthy was captain of Ireland. They had a bit of a bust up back then and it all seems to have come out know...

Keane quoted McCarthy saying "I'll get you back someday" and know he has by provoking Keane to be kicked out of the squad.
Mon 27/05/02 at 17:12
"High polygon count"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> If Mick says 'No' and Ireland don't get out of the group, he won't be
> too popular in Ireland, will he?

Let's face it, do we care?

Keane is a goddam muppet for saying and doing what he did, and if Ireland had another player who was any good, we wouldn't be hearing any of this because he'd be replaced, and that would be that.

What they should be saying is that Keane's international career is over - that's what he deserves, basically.

He apparently didn't want to be there anyway, so what's the big deal? It's not like Ireland have a hope in hell of winning it, anyway.

He's way too big for his boots anyway. Good riddance to bad rubbish is what I'd be saying if he were English.
Mon 27/05/02 at 16:47
Regular
For the good of football hopefully Keane will make an apology and be bought back into the team...

But he has already said he has no regrets about what he said to McCarthy...

McCarthy has said he will quit if Keane comes back...

Quiet a few senior players have said they will also walk if Keane is allowed back...

Very delicate situation indeed...
Mon 27/05/02 at 16:26
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Sky.com...

Disgraced Republic of Ireland skipper Roy Keane could be on the verge of a dramatic World Cup return.

Keane is set to be interviewed around 6pm on Irish television and there is speculation he may be preparing to apologise for an abusive attack on team manager Mick McCarthy.

It is also thought he could ask to rejoin the Republic squad preparing for Saturday's opening Group E clash with Cameroon in Niigata.

Appease

Keane was sent home after the verbal bust-up with McCarthy and vowed he had nothing to apologise for.

McCarthy said he would stand down if Keane were to rejoin the squad.

There are suggestions that Keane's statement is being crafted in such a way as to appease the Football Association of Ireland, the players - who backed McCarthy's decision to send Keane home - and the captain himself.

A final decision would be left to McCarthy. But if Keane does apologise and McCarthy rejects the gesture, his popularity with the Irish public could nosedive.
Mon 27/05/02 at 15:59
Regular
"not dead"
Apparently he's going to apologise this evening, at 6, to Mick on TV, and ask to come back to the squad.

If Mick says 'No' and Ireland don't get out of the group, he won't be too popular in Ireland, will he?
Mon 27/05/02 at 12:43
Regular
yep...direct quote from him....

"I actually feel more betrayed by them than I do by Mick - in particular Quinn, Staunton and Alan Kelly."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.