GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"20 alternative uses for your Xbox....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 10:25
Regular
Before i even start, let me say this: I AM a fan of the Xbox. I think it is a great console and it has some very good games, particularly Halo. However, unfortunately the British and European sales figures have been particularly poor. (so poor in fact that i hear Microsoft have refused to release such figures...)

With the £100 price slash not appearing to have boosted lagging sales and the GameCube seeming to be unstoppable, it would seem to be only a matter of time before even Xbox owners themselves begin to accept their machine's fate.

So, when the day comes when the Xbox is obsolete (just like the Dreamcast?) and we all forget about it and move on to our Playstation 3's etc... what will we do with our beloved Xbox's. With the machine's gargantuan size, surely it can fulfill many other jobs it today's world? Here are 20 of my own suggestions:

Here are a few suggestions:
1-Use it as a door stop.
2-Use it as a car seat cushion for short people to sit on so they can see over the steering wheel whilst driving...
3-Use it as a bedside table.
4-Take the inside workings out, cut a whole where the green circle is and 5-Use it as a paperweight.
6-Use it as one of those big blocks they put next to jumbo-jets' wheels to stop the plane from moving.
7-Use it as a 'stand' to place your Playstation 2 or GameCube upon.
8-Use it as a 'step' for 'step aerobics'.
use it as a potty for a small child.
9-Donate it to the Red Cross so they can distribute them in Ethiopia and other 3rd world countries. (where they can't afford Playstation 2s or GameCubes)
10-Find another Xbox owner and use your 2 Xboxs for goalposts when you play football in the summer.
11-Use it to prop up a piece of wood to form a ramp for skateboarding.
12-Prop it up on its side and use the green circle as a target for archery, bb guns, air rifles, etc...
13-Take out the inside workings and use it as a lunch box. (for a very fat person who needs to carry a lot of lunch*)
14-Donate it to the Transport Authority. John Prescott could use them as traffic cones. (or lunch boxes...*see above)
15-Use it in the production of industrial cranes. (as a counter-weight)
16-Use many Xbox's to form a 'wall' and use them for crash testing cars.
17-Allow the WWF's (WWE) wrestlers to use them as weapons. (soon enough they'll be cheaper than the metal chairs they use at the moment!)
18-Use several Xboxs (stacked up) to form medal winners' podiums for the upcoming Commonwealth games.
19-Use it as a 'foot-rest' for David Beckham, to aid his recovery prior to the World Cup.
20-Use it to continue playing the awesome Halo in multiplayer mode. (I had to mention one good use for the Xbox!)

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Before anyone starts moaning, I did not intend to offend any Xbox owners. It is just a bit of harmless fun.

Thanks for Reading.
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:25
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Before i even start, let me say this: I AM a fan of the Xbox. I think it is a great console and it has some very good games, particularly Halo. However, unfortunately the British and European sales figures have been particularly poor. (so poor in fact that i hear Microsoft have refused to release such figures...)

With the £100 price slash not appearing to have boosted lagging sales and the GameCube seeming to be unstoppable, it would seem to be only a matter of time before even Xbox owners themselves begin to accept their machine's fate.

So, when the day comes when the Xbox is obsolete (just like the Dreamcast?) and we all forget about it and move on to our Playstation 3's etc... what will we do with our beloved Xbox's. With the machine's gargantuan size, surely it can fulfill many other jobs it today's world? Here are 20 of my own suggestions:

Here are a few suggestions:
1-Use it as a door stop.
2-Use it as a car seat cushion for short people to sit on so they can see over the steering wheel whilst driving...
3-Use it as a bedside table.
4-Take the inside workings out, cut a whole where the green circle is and 5-Use it as a paperweight.
6-Use it as one of those big blocks they put next to jumbo-jets' wheels to stop the plane from moving.
7-Use it as a 'stand' to place your Playstation 2 or GameCube upon.
8-Use it as a 'step' for 'step aerobics'.
use it as a potty for a small child.
9-Donate it to the Red Cross so they can distribute them in Ethiopia and other 3rd world countries. (where they can't afford Playstation 2s or GameCubes)
10-Find another Xbox owner and use your 2 Xboxs for goalposts when you play football in the summer.
11-Use it to prop up a piece of wood to form a ramp for skateboarding.
12-Prop it up on its side and use the green circle as a target for archery, bb guns, air rifles, etc...
13-Take out the inside workings and use it as a lunch box. (for a very fat person who needs to carry a lot of lunch*)
14-Donate it to the Transport Authority. John Prescott could use them as traffic cones. (or lunch boxes...*see above)
15-Use it in the production of industrial cranes. (as a counter-weight)
16-Use many Xbox's to form a 'wall' and use them for crash testing cars.
17-Allow the WWF's (WWE) wrestlers to use them as weapons. (soon enough they'll be cheaper than the metal chairs they use at the moment!)
18-Use several Xboxs (stacked up) to form medal winners' podiums for the upcoming Commonwealth games.
19-Use it as a 'foot-rest' for David Beckham, to aid his recovery prior to the World Cup.
20-Use it to continue playing the awesome Halo in multiplayer mode. (I had to mention one good use for the Xbox!)

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Before anyone starts moaning, I did not intend to offend any Xbox owners. It is just a bit of harmless fun.

Thanks for Reading.
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:29
Regular
"smile, it's free"
doublezero wrote:
> 1-Use it as a door stop.

Surely you mean a barricade?
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Lol - if you put that against the door you'll have problems getting out :D
Thu 23/05/02 at 10:56
LOL, but don't forget that:

1) The XBox IS the most powerful console on the market

2) The XBox IS supported by Microsoft, only a good thing when you own something by them, because you know they will NEVER let it fail, at ALL costs

3) They refuse to release European figures, True, but they do disclose that they posess the industries leading attach rate (games sold to consoles sold). This implies that MS are doing well with the XBox.

and

4) Microsoft have 'XBox Online' up their sleeve, wait and see!

Besides, the XBox can't be all bad when the only cheap digs people can have at it is based around it's size.
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:00
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Franny, the topic was a joke! We all know xbox will survive!

Oh, and I did exactly the same thing but about the PS2 after its aweful release games!
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:01
Sonic, very true. The XBox must survive!
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:03
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Franny wrote:
> LOL, but don't forget that:
>
> 1) The XBox IS the most powerful console on the market

I hate that word 'console'. Why can't people call it gaming apparatus instead. If they did then the most powerful piece of gaming apparatus would be the PC.
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:18
My PC certainly isn't the most powerful piece of gaming equipment in the world. Yours?

I think the PC has an unlimited potential, but in reality, most home PC's are best left to word processing and all that.
Thu 23/05/02 at 11:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Franny wrote:
> My PC certainly isn't the most powerful piece of gaming equipment in
> the world. Yours?

You don't need a powerful PC, or console for that matter to play great games.

> I think the PC has an unlimited potential, but in reality, most home
> PC's are best left to word processing and all that.

That would be a very silly thing to do. There are a ton of great games to play on the PC, not least counter strike which is a free download.
Thu 23/05/02 at 12:10
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Does anyone remember the "101 uses for a GameCube?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.