GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To all those who don't/ didn't like the new Zelda..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/05/02 at 07:34
Regular
*tries to remain calm*

Go to gamesradar.co.uk of any website with Zelda videos on and download the latest Zelda video.

Be amazed at the graphics. How culd we ever doubt Shigsy? The new Zelda looks nothing short of S...E...N...S...A...T...I...O...N...A...L!!!!

The graphics, the look...who wants a boring graphical update of Ocarina of Time?

To those of you who hate cel shading...YOU ARE FOOLS! FOOLS I TEL YOUUUUU!!!
Thu 23/05/02 at 07:34
Regular
*tries to remain calm*

Go to gamesradar.co.uk of any website with Zelda videos on and download the latest Zelda video.

Be amazed at the graphics. How culd we ever doubt Shigsy? The new Zelda looks nothing short of S...E...N...S...A...T...I...O...N...A...L!!!!

The graphics, the look...who wants a boring graphical update of Ocarina of Time?

To those of you who hate cel shading...YOU ARE FOOLS! FOOLS I TEL YOUUUUU!!!
Thu 23/05/02 at 08:53
"Mimmargh!"
I must say it looks impressive but I am still a bit aprehensious (sp?).
Smashy Bros tommorow!!!!
Thu 23/05/02 at 09:33
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
Are you lot talking about the new Zelda or the director's of Zelda from thr N64, as i will get the newone but i will not get the director's cut one as i completed it and it was a little boring when Link grew up!
Thu 23/05/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
RM18 wrote:
> To those of you who hate cel shading...YOU ARE FOOLS! FOOLS I TEL
> YOUUUUU!!!

I never really had a problem with the 'Celda' look. I admit I'd have preferred a realistic look but the sheer quality and amazing smoothness of the graphics makes up for that.

I still think Link looks far too young and that opinion will not change. I know he was young for part of his N64 outing but he looks almost pre-school now.

Either way, one video I've seen has made me think the game is going to be awful because of the storyline or, more accurately, the way it is told. IGN have a movie called "Breaking through barrier" which begins with Link opening a treasure chest and getting a red rupee. The accompanying caption says:

"You got a Red Rupee!
It's worth 20 Rupees!
What a pleasant surprise!"

"WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE"?!?! Has this game been scripted by Noel Coward for his children? A few more screens and movies indicate a similarly 'posh' tone to the conversations and to be honest it's scaring me.

I'm sorry but this Zelda seems just plain wrong so far. The graphics are superb (even with baby Link) but with RPGs the way the story is told is just as important as how it is presented.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.