GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EVIL BILL"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/10/00 at 20:52
Regular
When will Bill Gates ever be satisfied with what he has?

Bill gates is officially the richest man on the planet, ruler of the pc world in software applications, he blatantly tries to monopolise the internet browser industry, what does he want next?

He now wants to monopolise the console industry, why cant he leave anything alone without having to stick his finger in to the pie? How long before the all crushing microsoft takes over this industry with the birth of the x-box.

Munch's Oddessey has already been deflected from the ps2 to the
x-box, no doubt with the influence of money and not the
"technical limitations" described by lorne lanning. Why would you suddenly want to ditch a 90% completed project such as Munches Od. on ps2 when you've already shown it off at shows around the world to excited fans in the industry. A game with much promise. Why suddenly up and leave to the x-box, i'll tell you why, Microsofts bulging money sacks.

The only place i can see the x-box failing is in Japan. If the x-box can penetrate this sector of the industry then we are all doomed to Bill's promise of "traditional games". What does this mean? I imagine it means identi-kit copies of tried and tested genres with little or no innovation.

If he can takeover one industry by just injecting his limitless supplies of cash he'll be encouraged to do the same in other industries. Who will stop Bill? How long until the next big budget exclusive ps2 title deflects to x-box?

If Bill Gates takes over the console industry the future is bleak.
Fri 27/10/00 at 21:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I agree. One monopoly is enough. Two is just plain greedy. Three is downright immoral.
Fri 27/10/00 at 20:52
When will Bill Gates ever be satisfied with what he has?

Bill gates is officially the richest man on the planet, ruler of the pc world in software applications, he blatantly tries to monopolise the internet browser industry, what does he want next?

He now wants to monopolise the console industry, why cant he leave anything alone without having to stick his finger in to the pie? How long before the all crushing microsoft takes over this industry with the birth of the x-box.

Munch's Oddessey has already been deflected from the ps2 to the
x-box, no doubt with the influence of money and not the
"technical limitations" described by lorne lanning. Why would you suddenly want to ditch a 90% completed project such as Munches Od. on ps2 when you've already shown it off at shows around the world to excited fans in the industry. A game with much promise. Why suddenly up and leave to the x-box, i'll tell you why, Microsofts bulging money sacks.

The only place i can see the x-box failing is in Japan. If the x-box can penetrate this sector of the industry then we are all doomed to Bill's promise of "traditional games". What does this mean? I imagine it means identi-kit copies of tried and tested genres with little or no innovation.

If he can takeover one industry by just injecting his limitless supplies of cash he'll be encouraged to do the same in other industries. Who will stop Bill? How long until the next big budget exclusive ps2 title deflects to x-box?

If Bill Gates takes over the console industry the future is bleak.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.