GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*More high street gaming complaints*"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/05/02 at 14:13
Regular
Funny isn’t it, how It seems that when any of us pop into high street gaming shops (In this case Game) that we always seem to come back to SR with a story of there sheer incompetence and how much of a joke some of there staff really are. I guess the saying that we are a nation of moaners is correct, but this time, it was really all-there loss.

As you will know, I went into town today, thinking of getting ISS 2, so I popped into game and started looking on the shelves in the new release section. Nothing. They did not have one copy of the game up there. I was pretty shocked by this, I was sure it was out, yet they did not have a copy.

So before I walked out, I decided to ask the woman behind the counter:

“ISS 2 you say…you sure there is such a thing?” she asked

I tried not to laugh, but I could not help it. Anyway, she started searching the book they always have under the counter looking for it…to cut a long story short, they had the games in, they had them delivered on the Thursday, yet they had not had them on the shelves, and it was now 10am Monday morning…are they mad?

How much money could they have lost because they could not be bothered to plainly put them on the shelves, many people would have just walked in, not seen it and then walked out, they didn’t even have any adverts up for it.

Sheesh, the stupidity of some companies is beyond me…I ended up with the game though, and as compensation I got a free reward card.

Yippee! :D
Tue 21/05/02 at 15:59
Regular
"accidental superher"
There has only been one bloke i know (in high street stores) that knew his games quite well...
it was his first day in eb so he didn't really know what to do...i went in...had a browse...then somehow got chatting with him for half an hour about ps2 and dreamcast...even managed to get another guy to join our convo. I think he got sacked pretty soon after though cos i never saw him again.
Tue 21/05/02 at 14:57
Regular
"A man with a stick"
This is exactly why I avoid trying to get info from places like this, I just go in, look around, buy something and get out. It not only benifits me, but also the assistant who would probably make an ar$e of him/herself.
Tue 21/05/02 at 09:21
Regular
"  "
I remember the really funny time when i was asking for a release date on Smugglers Run 2. I said "When is smugglers run2 out"

He gets his list out and looks down it me looking to. I spot it and it says 14th nov (ithink it was that i cant remember). So i waited for him to spot it. He says. "No there isn't a game called that"(!?!?!?!?!). So i pointed it out to him. "Oh yer, sorry. I thought we was looking for an athlectics game" (!?!?!?!?!?) "any way, it's out now" (The date that day was the 2nd november) So i sed "it says there it comes out in a few weeks" and unbeleivebly he sed "Yes, thats wat i sed".

So then mr crap EB assistant, this Buds for you.
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Wish I'd thought of that at the time!! ;)
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:35
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Well if you people read my post about 3-4 weeks ago, you would have seen that I encountered a miracle. A guy in EB who knew his stuff. We talked about games for ages and advantages/disadvantages of games etc. I wish all staff were like that
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:34
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I would hit them.

With a Stick or something, hard.

And tell them not to take the lords name in vain in front of me again.

:D
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Would would you make of 2 assistants never having heard of Pro Evolution Soccer. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:13
Regular
"WWJD"
the game is GTA3 by the way i wonder if they'd be that stupid
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:12
Regular
"WWJD"
big_slow wrote:
> EB used to let me bargain with them. i still cant believe that

now that would be funny to see,

"ill give you this PS1 game with a little devil and other little friends on for that game with a gun and car on, look at the little fury guys you'd like that"

"That is a deal!"

lol
Mon 20/05/02 at 23:09
Regular
"WWJD"
Yeah they are really stupid yet they get the jobs when there decent people like us who know loads about games and Films and electronics who are going away with no jub it's just incredible, you would think you'd have to have some clue about games or a clue about or anything or a shred of any common sence, it bafols me.

Resevil i just saw your tag line brings tears to my eyes because i have no money probaly wont be getting it till 2 weeks later, i think i might starting writing some reviews

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.