GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"vandalism why do it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/05/02 at 14:57
Regular
the streets today are coverd with spraypaint and burntout cars left on them i thought to my self why do it? whats the point? i was walking past my local park and i noticed there was grafiti all over the place, four years ago when i moved in near the park there was a train there made of wood but vandals burnt it all the while and written on with there so called tags and some of them said luke wos ere 2001. i kept thinking, thats stupid why do it? if someone can spend all their there life writting on walls whats the point of living. There is also racist remarks on walls alswel. i also thought about the spraypaint and where they get it from they probaly nick it from a shop or something. i saw one gang and they were smashing windows and setting fire to little kids toys like the slide and the swings. one park took all the toys off now its just a plain of grass there used to be slide swings climbing frame and a big wheel. some people do not give a dam about the streets and the places around them and what they look like. the point im trying to make is if you do vandalise you must be sad, even the school i go to has to have security cameras to stop the kids grafiting on the mobiles. they even had the cheek to write "pervs" on the windows in blak paint. our school is the most untidy school in the whole of leicester. The whole comunity needs to have more respect of their place and where they live.
Wed 22/05/02 at 21:25
I blame townies. I mean think about it, when have you ever seen a load of goths or greebos smashing something up or mugging some poor kid/bloke/old lady? I never have.
Tue 21/05/02 at 16:29
Regular
"simpsons rule"
Dr Giblets wrote:
> ®eynolds wrote:
> thanks for your replies
>
> I accept cheques and most major credit cards.

sure you do
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:10
Regular
bah there isnt really any point in complaining about it, i mean we are virtually powerless to stop it, and unless of course it something slightly more serious like a car being broken into the police wont pay much attention to it.

i live on the top of a steep hill, and after every friday and saturday night the salt boxes will have been turned over and the fence has been kicked in. personally it does'nt bother me and as long as those petty little gimps stay away from my neighbourhood then i'll be happy.

Quinty
Mon 20/05/02 at 20:06
Regular
"And the 7 Duffs"
®eynolds wrote:
> thanks for your replies

I accept cheques and most major credit cards.
Mon 20/05/02 at 18:26
Regular
"Brrrrr."
That's ok! Even though I didn't reply...
Mon 20/05/02 at 08:11
Regular
"simpsons rule"
thanks for your replies
Sun 19/05/02 at 21:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
®eynolds wrote:
> i guess none of you care about the vandalism in your area

Why should anyone care. There's nothing anyone can do about it, its always going to be there. I guess I'm just lucky that I live in an area with little vandalism.
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:45
Regular
"Bobba you"
®eynolds wrote:
> i guess none of you care about the vandalism in your area

Nah not really. Cos I used to do street art I was pretty good. But then people went over my stuff and started all fights so i quit.

And i agree i smash up my local park with mates, I dont wanna seem the chicken who done wanna break the law so I do it to show erm wrong.

And cos i hate the people who run it so it's kinda my revenge :)

Redpath
Sun 19/05/02 at 18:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Some of my 'friends' go out writing on the streets at night or whatever, and spend all day sketchin' on their note paper in school and not learning anything.
"this is heavy"
"ahh, that is a ill sketch, the e is sick"
"you guys are fools"

now, i know why they do it, it's becuase it makes them feel big and important by reachin' all over the place, and leaving their mark in places so people will see it and respect or something, but in reality, what they think looks 'ill' really just looks messy and crap.
vandals do this stuff because they think it's cool and all their friends will respect them, and also because they have no respect for anyone else's property.
Sun 19/05/02 at 18:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I haven't seen much in the way of graffiti in my area, just a few lewd messeges pened onto bus shelters and the like. I haven't seen much in the way of any other form of vandalism either, just a few busted up bus shelter and a couple of bins which have been knocked over.

Going back to the origanal point though, there is no point in vandalism, but the majority of people who do things like this are young teenagers who don't give a feck. They don't care whether or not destroying public property will result in more tax payers money being spent to clear up their mess.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.