GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Advice Please!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/05/02 at 23:46
Regular
Now, I have Burnout, LM, and Rogue Leader for my purply box. All very well. However, Burnout and Rl, while stunning, beautiful and stupendous fun, are more pick up and play games - don't get me wrong, I will do that for years, but they are not a game I would play on and on and on to get to the end. LM is superb while it lasts - which is not very long!

Now, my Birthday is 3rd June (bloomin' queen, stealing my thunder!) and I am getting SSBM for it. I will probably buy another controller and one other game with the cash I hope to get. I want advice on which other game to get. I want an adventure title, one that would sustain me for ages, that comes out soon or is out now - I know several that interst me, but I want your views.
Sun 19/05/02 at 22:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes wrote:
> and shenmue 2

that would be sweeet
Sun 19/05/02 at 22:10
Regular
and shenmue 2
Sun 19/05/02 at 20:51
Regular
"bit of a brain"
that 70 could get you a dreamcast. then you could bye shenmue.
mmmmmmm shenmue
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah - I'll probably wait for ED for a quality adventuring game.

Still - I've got another £70 to burn soon - beofre my birthday - Oh the joy of 4 more games!
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:38
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
My advice - don't ever become gay. Oh, hang on a sec...wrong website, sorry! GC games? Well, IF Tilt is right, get Agent Under Fire on June 14th. I've got it on PS2 (please forgive me) and it ain't as bad as you'd imagine!
As for an RPG/Adventure, I don't think we'll be seeing any decent ones for a while yet, I'm afraid!
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:34
Regular
I'd go for Pikmin, or monkey ball. You don't have any games of these types.
You have a racing game, shoot-em up, adventure game and soon a fighting game. Now you need a puzzle/stragety game :)
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:32
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
You could get Sonic Adventure 2, but you would need to rent it first (if possible) to see want you think. i've got and it is quite good, not great but good. I think it would also last quite a while!
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:32
Regular
I wanna get another game I was thinking maybe Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Burnout or NHL Blitz. I may wait for Agent Under Fire but that's not out till June 14th.
Sun 19/05/02 at 19:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
All very well, but any games worth getting soon.

And I never said I could only afford one console - I only WANT one console.
Sun 19/05/02 at 00:27
Regular
Condom wrote:
> Dark Mark wrote:
> And even if there weren't any decent games coming out for Gamecube
> in
> the next few weeks, or even months....the Gamecube still had a far
> better launch line-up and altogether successful launch than both the
> PlayStation 2 and X-Box combined.
>
> What complete bull $hit

You obviously know little about games 'condom'.

IT's a well known fact that the PS2 had a crap launch lineup and the X-box only had one or two new and innovative games that weren't ports. I'm sure the success of the X-box shows that at the moment, luckily for Sony the Playstation 2 managed to survive and carry on eventually releasing some decent games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.