GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart GC ideas"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/05/02 at 20:20
Regular
Any ideas for Mario Kart GC? I would like the idea of a pinpoint lightning bolt + Sonic, Starfox and Kirby as some new players... any suggestions??
post em below ;D
|
V
Sun 19/05/02 at 14:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Tyranitar Master wrote:
> It does definately need to go online for one thing
>
> another is that i hope there is no stupid opponents like on the SNES
> who have there own powers cause mario and luigi used to annoy me alot
> with there continuous stars

You can't do online racing games like that! Most people here have got modems, it would be to hard having to decide where to move 2 seconds before you acually do.

If you don't understand, Quake 3 if quite good online with a modem, but when you shoot, it takes 1 - 2 seconds before the info meets the server and carries out the task.
Sun 19/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
I think Mario KArt GC should be cell shaded, I reckon it would look really cool for the game and it would also be better suited than Zelda.
Sun 19/05/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Liquid H²O wrote:
> What about if there was an Earthquake weapon, so that when someone got
> it the ground started to crack and break up, and if you fell down it
> you had to start again. Actually, come to think of it, that would be a
> graet idea for mini-games...mini-games. Another great idea. Mario Kart
> GC could have loads of mini-games.

Hmmmmmmmm......... that seems familliar???

Benn reading NGC again have we Mr. Liquid Water! ;)
Sun 19/05/02 at 10:37
Regular
What about if there was an Earthquake weapon, so that when someone got it the ground started to crack and break up, and if you fell down it you had to start again. Actually, come to think of it, that would be a graet idea for mini-games...mini-games. Another great idea. Mario Kart GC could have loads of mini-games.
Sun 19/05/02 at 10:34
"+ suspicious minds"
pop
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:59
Regular
">:)"
I think it would be pretty cool if all the karts were customised to suit each rider - eg Bowsers was big and spikey, peaches was pink, and scattered petals behind it, toads was squashy and spotty, warios had big sacks full of gems on them etc..

also, a power up that made your kart huge (like a monster truck) would be pretty cool, so you could drive over the top of other racers, or just squash them under your huge wheels.

some cool secret track shortcuts would be nice, like warp pipes etc.

Also I would like to see improved red shells, that dont just smash into the wall, and maybe make the spiked shell hit every player up to the leader!?

Also it would be cool if there were enemies like goombas, and koopas wandering around on the tracks that you had to avoid, like in the gba version.
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:05
It does definately need to go online for one thing

another is that i hope there is no stupid opponents like on the SNES who have there own powers cause mario and luigi used to annoy me alot with there continuous stars
Fri 17/05/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I believe that Mario Kart HAS TO go on-line!
It could be Ninty's first own game to do so, and would get millions of people world-wide to buy their adapters, just to race and battle with other people from all around the world!

Here are some other Nintendo characters I reckon would be good:

Fox McCloud
Link
Kirby
Zelda
A Koopa Trooper - again
A Goomba - maybe from Paper Mario??

And from Sega:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Shadow
Metallix - he was in an earlier Sonic on CD

With more great characters, many more people would sure take to this game and it would be even bigger on-line!

I also think they should include a walking Bob-omb as a weapon too!
Fri 17/05/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Baros!!!"
why don't they make a game called Mario Kart Vs Diddy Kong Racing
Fri 17/05/02 at 11:21
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
More characters than the eight seen in the previous games.

I would like To see

(From the Mario World)

Toad
Koopa
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Wario
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Big Boo

(Others)

Fox Mcloud
Samus
Kirby
Pichachu
Mewtwo
Ash
Sonic
Tails
Captain Falcon
Ness
Banjo
Diddy Kong

Anyone got any more???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.