GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas Gaming!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 17:02
Regular
I love Christmas because well you get presents and everyone is in a happy mood etc. etc.

There is another reason however, all the best games of the year come out at this time of year a few examples are: Red Alert 2, Championship Manager 00/01, Sudden Strike, Midtown Madness 2 and many many more.

We know the main reason why because for Christmas shopping, but after a long year of poor games, you can always look forward to Christmas time for good games.
Fri 27/10/00 at 18:51
"possibly impossible"
He hasn't got them, but I have, so next time I see my brother I'll let him play them. I haven't played those games for ages. I might go and have a bash on nights again now that you've reminded me.
Wed 25/10/00 at 21:42
Get a Saturn and a copy of Christmas NiGHTS!
You've got a dreamcast, haven't you? Didn't you get ODM last year with the cover disc that had a christmas edition of Toy Commander on it?
Christmas games are okay for christmas, but probably wouldn't sell that well during the rest of the year.

That reminds me, we'll be seeing all those christmas chart albums in the shops again soon, you know, 'The number 1 dodgy yuletide songs, just like your mother sang Volume 1' and 'No.1 Christmas tunes to howl too when your drunk album'
Wed 25/10/00 at 20:17
Christmas is a great time if you have lots of money or can decide which of the many fabolous games to get. The problem is that they all seem to come out at once instead of coming out in the summer and spring, so there are so many choices and just as you pick one to buy, the magazines announce 10 more new releases that look really worth buying as well.

In the future, I'd like to see lots of good games released all year round. I know that the games companies think games sell better at christmas, but there is also a lot of competition and after all, it would be easier to sell water in a drought rather than a flood. In one respect, it is good that there are alot of games around to choose from, you can always buy more later on, but you have to wonder how many games are left by the wayside as the big hitters take all the limelight.

I would like to see some more christmas themed games as well, it would be nice to play christmas games at christmas, I am sure it would make the season more special if you were playing a snow based game (other than a snow boarding game that is)
Wed 25/10/00 at 17:02
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I love Christmas because well you get presents and everyone is in a happy mood etc. etc.

There is another reason however, all the best games of the year come out at this time of year a few examples are: Red Alert 2, Championship Manager 00/01, Sudden Strike, Midtown Madness 2 and many many more.

We know the main reason why because for Christmas shopping, but after a long year of poor games, you can always look forward to Christmas time for good games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.