GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What would life be like......?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/05/02 at 16:24
Regular
What would life be like if consoles and conputer games were never invented?

Nasty thought isn't. Life without games. Could you cope? Well, I probably would be able to cope. I normally only play the games that I have when I don't have anything else to do, so I am sure I would be able to find something else to do. But then, I think about it a bit more. Those childhood days, when I loved to play games, couldn't get enough of it, would never have happened. I would never have owned a Master System or Megadrive, which were my best gaming days.

There would have been no spectrum or commodore to play such great games as Spyhunter and the like. Let's not forget the NES and Master System, when Mario and Sonic were born. I could go on. Some of the greatest games ever developed would never have been developed at all. No Metal Gear Solid, or Perfect Dark, or Quake.

And what about all those experiences of playing those games. That Perfect Dark multiplayer match were you wiped the floor with your friends would never have happened. You wouldn't have scored that magnificent free kick with Beckham, or scored that brilliant overhead kick with Owen. And that racing duel on Mario Kart with your friends. It would have all never happened.

Just sit there and imagine life without games for a little while. Do you like that thought? Would your life have been dramatically different if there were no such things as consoles and games, no GTA3 or Mario Kart?
Would you even like to imagine life without game?

Well, at least your parents would have shouted at you so much,'GET OFF THAT COMPUTER', or,'YOU SPEND FAR TOO MUCH TIME ON THAT THING'.
Thu 16/05/02 at 16:09
Maybe life without games wouldn't be so bad after all, then.
Thu 16/05/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I've done something like this before as a Life topic...

I think I came to the conclusion that we'd all either be:

1. Incredibley fat and lazy, just lying and sitting around all day reading books, comics and magazines.
or..
2. We'd all be Brazillian footballers, or the best sproting athletes around! Think about it... all young Brazillian kids to in Slums is play footy for entertainment, we'd probably be doing the same!
And others would be playing Tennis, Golf, Cricket and co. non-stop - making the world a much healthier place with the fittest life-forms around!
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:21
Regular
"*Plonk*"
And besides - I am your co-pilot.
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:19
Regular
"*Plonk*"
Are you nuts???? Of course computer games would have been invented - humans need some sort of stimulation and companionship otherwise we would have all killed ourselves in a nuclear WW3. If you say computer games were never invented then you'd also have to look at the light bulb, electricity and the whole industrial revolution thing.
Wed 15/05/02 at 18:09
"Uzi Lover"
Life without gaming? It wouldn't be good yet it wouldn't be bad either. (MWA starts playing smart...now) I would be able to cope though because I wouldn't know what they are, would I? :-)

I don't play games that much as I would like to, I wish I could play more if only more games got me intrested. If a game gets me intrested then I will play it to death and probably finish it in no time. Then I just go anticipating the next release.

Though they can be extremely annoying and make life go so slowly, anticipation of key games keeps me in the gaming world. I could go through a big list right now of games I am waiting for, some more then others, but I could give you a VERY large list indeed. I search the web for videos, reviews/previews, come on here and talk just waiting to play that one game. That's what keeps me in the gaming world.

All this zealotism also helps to keep me playing games and waiting for them. I am not sided to one sided to Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony. If the game looks good I want it. But all these price drops, console drop outs and competative ways really keep me intrested. The world of gaming really can be exciting at times.

Games also give me something to talk about with my mates, something to play with my mates, something to play on my own or something to do when I'm bored. It rules.

Gaming is everything in my life though. It is a large amount but not everything. If gaming wasn't invented I would certainly be out and about more because I am not playing my current favourite game and I would of met more people by now and had more girlfriends etc. Thats the downside of gaming and the way you play things can change the way of wether you are a 'casual' gamer or a 'hardcore'. For me, I want to be a bit of both. Gaming is a great time filler in the schools days and I'm soon to be out of them (joy).

Gmaing rules you know, but we just got to try and make it not too much of our life or some things will just slip away so easily.
Wed 15/05/02 at 16:24
What would life be like if consoles and conputer games were never invented?

Nasty thought isn't. Life without games. Could you cope? Well, I probably would be able to cope. I normally only play the games that I have when I don't have anything else to do, so I am sure I would be able to find something else to do. But then, I think about it a bit more. Those childhood days, when I loved to play games, couldn't get enough of it, would never have happened. I would never have owned a Master System or Megadrive, which were my best gaming days.

There would have been no spectrum or commodore to play such great games as Spyhunter and the like. Let's not forget the NES and Master System, when Mario and Sonic were born. I could go on. Some of the greatest games ever developed would never have been developed at all. No Metal Gear Solid, or Perfect Dark, or Quake.

And what about all those experiences of playing those games. That Perfect Dark multiplayer match were you wiped the floor with your friends would never have happened. You wouldn't have scored that magnificent free kick with Beckham, or scored that brilliant overhead kick with Owen. And that racing duel on Mario Kart with your friends. It would have all never happened.

Just sit there and imagine life without games for a little while. Do you like that thought? Would your life have been dramatically different if there were no such things as consoles and games, no GTA3 or Mario Kart?
Would you even like to imagine life without game?

Well, at least your parents would have shouted at you so much,'GET OFF THAT COMPUTER', or,'YOU SPEND FAR TOO MUCH TIME ON THAT THING'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.