GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going To The Barber's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/05/02 at 23:06
Regular
Don't you just hate it when you need a haircut, and your Aunt who's a professional hairdresser is too busy, and you have to go to the Barber's?

No?

Well, I do.

So you head off up the high street or wherever, probably after washing your hair. Now if you're like me and you use wax/gel on your hair, then you may notice that you look like a twonk when you've just washed it. Mine became so long that I had to go up the high street today showing off a blatent mullet.

So I wait in a queue (sp?) for half an hour or so, and then the woman shouts "NEXT!" So you sit there, and tell her what you want.

"Well erm...I'd like a four sides and back, I want the top trimmed with scissors and at the front I want, like a, quiff sort of thingy."

Now, this is where it gets bad. You have two choices.

A) Start a conversation with them.

B) Stay silent and let them do their job.

Now, I find either of these hideously embarrasing usually. If you start a conversation, then half the time they don't want to talk and end up giving you funny looks or one-word answers. If you stay silent though they may think you're rude or just plain stupid. If THEY start a conversation then it's usually okay, but I'm crap with new people so I probably sound like a total ponce.

Itchy nose. They put these massive capes over you, and you get an itchy nose. If you scratch it then it means you have to move, which could be dangerous, or it could annoy the hairdresser. The same if you have a runny nose, but if you leave it it's even worse.

Now, I have sensitive eyes. They'll water at every bloody opportunity. So a hair falls into my eye, and it begins to water. If they're trimming your fringe then quite a lot of hair could go in your eyes, so both start watering. The hairdresser might think you're crying. Humiliating.

However, I have nothing against people who work there and I have to say they do a pretty good job. I just hate the process.

I don't expect any of you to agree with me though, as it's my fault I feel this way. If I waltzed in there confidently, chatted up the hairdresser (as long as it were a lady), and rubbed my eyes and scratched my nose whenever I wanted to, then I'd be fine. But I think too much, so I end up going through hell.

Ah well, at least I won't have to do it again for a couple of months now, not until it's long enough to be a dead ferret, and for the quiff to be turned into a side-parting.

*rubs eye*

*eye starts watering*
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Don't you just hate it when you need a haircut, and your Aunt who's a professional hairdresser is too busy, and you have to go to the Barber's?

No?

Well, I do.

So you head off up the high street or wherever, probably after washing your hair. Now if you're like me and you use wax/gel on your hair, then you may notice that you look like a twonk when you've just washed it. Mine became so long that I had to go up the high street today showing off a blatent mullet.

So I wait in a queue (sp?) for half an hour or so, and then the woman shouts "NEXT!" So you sit there, and tell her what you want.

"Well erm...I'd like a four sides and back, I want the top trimmed with scissors and at the front I want, like a, quiff sort of thingy."

Now, this is where it gets bad. You have two choices.

A) Start a conversation with them.

B) Stay silent and let them do their job.

Now, I find either of these hideously embarrasing usually. If you start a conversation, then half the time they don't want to talk and end up giving you funny looks or one-word answers. If you stay silent though they may think you're rude or just plain stupid. If THEY start a conversation then it's usually okay, but I'm crap with new people so I probably sound like a total ponce.

Itchy nose. They put these massive capes over you, and you get an itchy nose. If you scratch it then it means you have to move, which could be dangerous, or it could annoy the hairdresser. The same if you have a runny nose, but if you leave it it's even worse.

Now, I have sensitive eyes. They'll water at every bloody opportunity. So a hair falls into my eye, and it begins to water. If they're trimming your fringe then quite a lot of hair could go in your eyes, so both start watering. The hairdresser might think you're crying. Humiliating.

However, I have nothing against people who work there and I have to say they do a pretty good job. I just hate the process.

I don't expect any of you to agree with me though, as it's my fault I feel this way. If I waltzed in there confidently, chatted up the hairdresser (as long as it were a lady), and rubbed my eyes and scratched my nose whenever I wanted to, then I'd be fine. But I think too much, so I end up going through hell.

Ah well, at least I won't have to do it again for a couple of months now, not until it's long enough to be a dead ferret, and for the quiff to be turned into a side-parting.

*rubs eye*

*eye starts watering*
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:11
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You go to a barbers that employs females for hairdressers?
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
cookie monster wrote:
> You go to a barbers that employs females for hairdressers?

Yep. It's a barbers, and they have quite a lot of women working there.
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:13
Regular
"That's right!"
My barbers is only 5 minutes walk away, and every five haircuts you get, you get one free

I have to get mine done every month, so it's a good job I don't hate it as much as you, Ant
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ant wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> You go to a barbers that employs females for hairdressers?
>
> Yep. It's a barbers, and they have quite a lot of women working there.

Then thats not a real barbers, thats a salon.
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:15
Regular
"That's right!"
No, a lot of blokes barbers have lasses working there
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> No, a lot of blokes barbers have lasses working there

Eh no! A barbers is a mans place, woman are not allowed to go in, unless waiting for husband/son.
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:18
Regular
"That's right!"
By the way, Ant, why not try CLOSING your eyes? It does wonders for stopping stuff going in them you know
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Also Ant you dont get much of a cut, a number 4? You must need to get it cut every 2 weeks.
Tue 14/05/02 at 23:35
Regular
"That's right!"
I get a 2/3 and I need to get mine done once a month. Maybe Ant has slow growing hair

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.