GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The King of all consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/10/00 at 01:11
Regular
For all of you out there who are sceptical about the Dreamcast, and won't buy one simply because of how the Saturn turned out, then I urge you to actually consider further. Hopefully, by reading my opinion you will gain a greater knowledge about Dreamcast and how you should get one!

Firstly, yes the Saturn did 'poorly' but they are still very popular with the 2nd hand market. 2ndly, the Dreamcast is a totally different machine to the Saturn and has sold more in its first year than the Saturn did in 4 years. So there are now 5.56million Dreamcast consoles been sold throughout the world so far.

This is a great sign, and it seems that Sega will capitalize this Xmas when it picks up all the sales due to it's superb forthcoming games, it's amazing existing games, and the fact that there are going to be no Playstation2s in the shops for sale as they've all run out at pre order.

This means, with no competition for this very festive period, Sega could do very well to make their console THE 'must have' for all children and adults alike come December 25th. Personally, I think there will be a lot of unhappy Sony fans, because they cannot get a PS2, and so they will opt for Dreamcast. After all, it has a fantastic catalogue of games including many original and innovative titles such as the following (please note, the best of the genre are in Bold capitals):

RACING:
Crazy Taxi,
Ferrari F355 Challenge Passione Rossa
Metropolis Street racer,
Sega Rally 2,
V-Rally 2,
Pod II,
Le Mans 24
Wacky Races
San Fransisco Rush 2049,
Re-Volt,
F1 World GP (1 and 2)
Tokyo Highway Challenge (1 and 2)
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing

Fight 'em ups: (The Dreamcast has officially got the best range of Fighting games in the world of Video games out of ALL formats) (This is in part due to Capcom's excellent support of the console)
DEAD or ALIVE 2,
POWER STONE
POWERSTONE 2
SOUL CALIBUR
Street Fighter Alpha 3,
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Tech Romancer,
Marvel vs Capcom (1 & 2)
Mortal Kombat Gold,
Ultimate Fighting Championship,
WWF Royal Rumble
Ready2Rumble (1 & 2)
Virtua Fighter 3TB

ADVENTURE/RPG:
SONIC ADVENTURE
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Resident Evil 2,
Shadowman,
Soul Reaver,
Tomb Raider 4,
The Nomad soul,
Maken X,
House of the Dead 2,
Blue stinger
Rayman 2
MDK 2
ECCO THE DOLPHIN: DOTF
Evolution
Fur Fighters

SPORTS TITLES/Alternative: (The DC has some fantastic sports games, namely form Sega themselves)
NBA 2K (and 2K1),
NFL 2K (and 2K1),
Virtua Tennis,
Uefa Dream Soccer (due soon)
Uefa Striker,
Jimmy White's 2 Cueball,
NHL 2K,
NFL BLITZ 2000,
Ready 2 rumble boxing,
SWWS Euro (football),
Sega Bass fishing,
Trickstyle
Tony Hawk's (1 & 2)

Puzzle, Multiplayer:
ChuChu Rocket
Fur Fighters,
Toy Commander,
Slave Zero,
South Park Rally,
Sega Swirl! (free game)
Wetrix,
Bust a Move 4
And this is only a select few. There really are many triple A class titles on the Dreamcast, and many more are on there way before Christmas. I for one cannot wait for SHENMUE- possibly Yu Suzuki's greatest game ever. And Quake 3 Arena ONLINE should prove great fun.

So, what can Dreamcast offer you? Well, for a very reasonable price of £150 with 2 free games, you get the world's FIRST online console, through which you can send and receive emails, surf the net (just like on the PC) and play online games, such as Quake 3, Pod2 and Chu Chu Rocket.
As you may be aware also, the Dreamcast as a large catalogue of great games, which will hopefully include all the current Playstation games as well in the near future. This is because a company called Bleem! Who emulate games, are currently converting and programming software to allow you to play all your Playstation games on to Dreamcast via the Bleem! box. This box also improves the graphics and speed of the game, and will be out before March next year (I hope!)

I have been very pleased with mine, I'm sure a lot of others have been as well. At the end of the day, it's your decision, but I strongly recommend the Dreamcast to you!
Thu 26/10/00 at 21:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I wanted to buy a dreamcast, loads of my mates have them, I havn't tried that cat+mouse game yet, but I heard it was really good, and the adverts say you came play loads of german people, but I wanted to be part of the DVD era, and sady it doesn't have it. I will wait for the Gcube or PS2.
Thu 26/10/00 at 21:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I wanted to buy a dreamcast, loads of my mates have them, I havn't treid that cat+mouse game yet, but I heard it was really good, and the adverts say you came play loads of german people, but I wanted to be part of the DVD era, and sady it doesn't have it. I will wait for the Gcube or PS2.
Wed 25/10/00 at 23:05
Regular
Gamers sounds a bit chessy i think, let's change it to...........
Wed 25/10/00 at 23:02
Or how to get enough money to buy THEM ALL!!
Wed 25/10/00 at 23:01
Regular
i say the X-Box makes it even harder for us. Before it was hard to choose between Sega, Sony and Nintendo.
I agree that consoles have taken over, PC's are not regulary used by people for games.
If they had stayed by with the Pc they would have lost money (whether or not that matters).

PC games don't often get huge sales of games, only the small amount get big sales.
But Microsoft's inlusion makes it even worse for the gamer.
It's whether to follow Sega, Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.
Agonizing stuff for us gamers.
Wed 25/10/00 at 22:33
Yep. But there is no bold function here that works, so you were unable to see which games I felt were the genre leaders. But, if you are familiar with the Dreamcast catalogue of games, then I'm sure you know which are the best.
Wed 25/10/00 at 19:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
That was long!
Wed 25/10/00 at 10:53
Well? I'm sure u have som'ing to say.
Wed 25/10/00 at 01:11
For all of you out there who are sceptical about the Dreamcast, and won't buy one simply because of how the Saturn turned out, then I urge you to actually consider further. Hopefully, by reading my opinion you will gain a greater knowledge about Dreamcast and how you should get one!

Firstly, yes the Saturn did 'poorly' but they are still very popular with the 2nd hand market. 2ndly, the Dreamcast is a totally different machine to the Saturn and has sold more in its first year than the Saturn did in 4 years. So there are now 5.56million Dreamcast consoles been sold throughout the world so far.

This is a great sign, and it seems that Sega will capitalize this Xmas when it picks up all the sales due to it's superb forthcoming games, it's amazing existing games, and the fact that there are going to be no Playstation2s in the shops for sale as they've all run out at pre order.

This means, with no competition for this very festive period, Sega could do very well to make their console THE 'must have' for all children and adults alike come December 25th. Personally, I think there will be a lot of unhappy Sony fans, because they cannot get a PS2, and so they will opt for Dreamcast. After all, it has a fantastic catalogue of games including many original and innovative titles such as the following (please note, the best of the genre are in Bold capitals):

RACING:
Crazy Taxi,
Ferrari F355 Challenge Passione Rossa
Metropolis Street racer,
Sega Rally 2,
V-Rally 2,
Pod II,
Le Mans 24
Wacky Races
San Fransisco Rush 2049,
Re-Volt,
F1 World GP (1 and 2)
Tokyo Highway Challenge (1 and 2)
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing

Fight 'em ups: (The Dreamcast has officially got the best range of Fighting games in the world of Video games out of ALL formats) (This is in part due to Capcom's excellent support of the console)
DEAD or ALIVE 2,
POWER STONE
POWERSTONE 2
SOUL CALIBUR
Street Fighter Alpha 3,
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Tech Romancer,
Marvel vs Capcom (1 & 2)
Mortal Kombat Gold,
Ultimate Fighting Championship,
WWF Royal Rumble
Ready2Rumble (1 & 2)
Virtua Fighter 3TB

ADVENTURE/RPG:
SONIC ADVENTURE
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Resident Evil 2,
Shadowman,
Soul Reaver,
Tomb Raider 4,
The Nomad soul,
Maken X,
House of the Dead 2,
Blue stinger
Rayman 2
MDK 2
ECCO THE DOLPHIN: DOTF
Evolution
Fur Fighters

SPORTS TITLES/Alternative: (The DC has some fantastic sports games, namely form Sega themselves)
NBA 2K (and 2K1),
NFL 2K (and 2K1),
Virtua Tennis,
Uefa Dream Soccer (due soon)
Uefa Striker,
Jimmy White's 2 Cueball,
NHL 2K,
NFL BLITZ 2000,
Ready 2 rumble boxing,
SWWS Euro (football),
Sega Bass fishing,
Trickstyle
Tony Hawk's (1 & 2)

Puzzle, Multiplayer:
ChuChu Rocket
Fur Fighters,
Toy Commander,
Slave Zero,
South Park Rally,
Sega Swirl! (free game)
Wetrix,
Bust a Move 4
And this is only a select few. There really are many triple A class titles on the Dreamcast, and many more are on there way before Christmas. I for one cannot wait for SHENMUE- possibly Yu Suzuki's greatest game ever. And Quake 3 Arena ONLINE should prove great fun.

So, what can Dreamcast offer you? Well, for a very reasonable price of £150 with 2 free games, you get the world's FIRST online console, through which you can send and receive emails, surf the net (just like on the PC) and play online games, such as Quake 3, Pod2 and Chu Chu Rocket.
As you may be aware also, the Dreamcast as a large catalogue of great games, which will hopefully include all the current Playstation games as well in the near future. This is because a company called Bleem! Who emulate games, are currently converting and programming software to allow you to play all your Playstation games on to Dreamcast via the Bleem! box. This box also improves the graphics and speed of the game, and will be out before March next year (I hope!)

I have been very pleased with mine, I'm sure a lot of others have been as well. At the end of the day, it's your decision, but I strongly recommend the Dreamcast to you!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.