GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone Good with Microsoft Access?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/02/08 at 00:06
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Trying to do A2 level coursework at the moment and need some help with input masks; validation rules; queries and visual basic.

I'll post what i need help with here in the next few days if anyone can help.
Fri 07/03/08 at 15:00
"Was the man of marz"
Shepps 123 wrote:
> by the way, finished on monday, with a grand total of 291 pages.

I'm guessing it was mainly screen shots (if anything like mine).

> Hopefully i will get lots of marks for overwhelming the
> examiner.

IT does seem to be the exception to the quality over quantity rule.
Thu 06/03/08 at 21:04
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
by the way, finished on monday, with a grand total of 291 pages.

Hopefully i will get lots of marks for overwhelming the examiner.
Wed 20/02/08 at 19:36
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
pretty sure you can set a tickbox for a presence check under the table's properties.

although it's been ages since I used Access so I could be wrong.
Wed 20/02/08 at 17:44
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
never mind, ive sorted that problem, although i do need to know how to create a prescence check, how to get access to calcualte the profitability of a product, and how to get Access to calucalte % chnage whne comparing last months sales figures to the current month's.
Tue 19/02/08 at 22:15
Regular
"eat toast!"
what do you mean, background colour? The form colour? table colour?
Tue 19/02/08 at 18:36
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Another thing, is it possible to manually chnage the bakcground colour of the database to a custom colour.
Tue 19/02/08 at 15:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Access is a thoroughly nasty way to learn databases.

Can't help, sorry :p
Tue 19/02/08 at 15:43
Regular
"Tempus Fugit"
Does anyone know how to create prescence cheks to check that dat exists in another table.
Tue 19/02/08 at 14:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I did the same sort of thing at A2, and I can remember a few things, but unfortunately it's some months since I was building my damned database.

Input masks... I think 0 is a compulsary number and 9 is an optional one, L for letter? Jeez, I should know more than this!

Lots of online guides for visual basic, once you've got the commands in front of you it isn't at all bad. Append queries can be done without it though, if I remember correctly, I expect you'll need to use those.
Tue 19/02/08 at 13:38
"Was the man of marz"
I could probably dig up my old revision notes, that's if I didn't burn them (which is likely)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.