GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me to get FFX..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/05/02 at 18:56
Regular
I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. I didn't have a Playstation and subsequently never wanted to play any of the Final Fantasy games, especially with Zelda. But since I got a PS2 I have been waiting for the next installment and it is finally on the horizon.

However, most magazines I have read have said that, whilst undoubtedly being a great game, they don't recommend it to beginners. I am still in two minds to be honest, and I want your opinions. I dont want any 'FF IS WICKED, GET IT! crap, I wan proper, formed opinions.

Off you go, then.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:56
Regular
I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. I didn't have a Playstation and subsequently never wanted to play any of the Final Fantasy games, especially with Zelda. But since I got a PS2 I have been waiting for the next installment and it is finally on the horizon.

However, most magazines I have read have said that, whilst undoubtedly being a great game, they don't recommend it to beginners. I am still in two minds to be honest, and I want your opinions. I dont want any 'FF IS WICKED, GET IT! crap, I wan proper, formed opinions.

Off you go, then.
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:57
Regular
"simpsons rule"
don't get it it is crap gameplay a load of $hit and boring
Mon 13/05/02 at 18:59
Regular
Oh dear...

I hope that was a joke, it was just the sort of rubbish I DIDN'T want.
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:02
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Russ as you have never played an FF's I would highly recommed you get FF7 as it is in my opinion the best FF. It is easy to get to grips with, and FF7 is the best one to get to tell you if you will like FF10. You could probably pick FF7 up second hand for around £10. :) Hope that helped
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:04
Regular
I'll look into it Kerrang, thanks for your help...
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Hmmm....."
*throws some novelty rubbish into the thread*

Right, to be serious, i have never played a FF game and havent ever wanted to really. They are not my type of thing.
But, everyone who ive spoken to about games have said that they love the series and cant wait for this one coming.
Im also in your situation but seeing as though I dont have the power that you have (GAD magnet) I just cant decide whether to buy it or not.

If you want to know what i think you should do read on......

Win the game, with all your posting abilities it will be yours in a matter of seconds.
Win GAD and claim it.
It you dont like it then ask SR if they will swap it for another.

Or, just rent it and see what its like.
I'll probably borrow it from my friend and give it him back when ive completed it.
:D
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:06
Regular
why dont you just play the demo out of OPS2, it convinced me to get it and i didnt normally like the final fantasy series.
Mon 13/05/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Touched!"
convince me to get it too...since it only has a 50hz mode..another cheap conversion
Mon 13/05/02 at 23:54
Regular
"Back For Good"
RM18 wrote:
> I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. I didn't have a
> Playstation and subsequently never wanted to play any of the Final
> Fantasy games, especially with Zelda.

You've never played Final Fantasy or had a playstation? *dies of shock*

Well first off how can a beautiful game thats the only PS2 title to sell past the 2 million sales mark need any convincing whether to buy it or not. Why don't you just head over to the screenshot page and take a look, In my opinion FFX is set to be the best in the series (overshadowing FF7) with the only dissapoinment of no 60hz mode but if thats looking at the empty part of the glass then it's 99% full and "especially with Zelda" lol
Tue 14/05/02 at 12:50
Regular
Res€vilfan wrote:
> Well first off how can a beautiful game thats the only PS2 title to
> sell past the 2 million sales mark

Is that true? I mean, it made 2 million a long time ago, like, late 2001, and at the time I would have agreed, but by now I`d have thought games like GT3, MGS2 and GTA3 must have come close.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.