GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the best game you've been to ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/10/00 at 11:23
Regular
My choice :

Arsenal 5 Southampton 2 (1992 - I think).

Two reasons for this choice.

1) It was the last game of that season.
2) Last game before the North Bank was demolished.
3) Ian Wright and Gary Lineker were head to head for the golden boot award (top goalscorer). Lineker had scored one more goal than Ian Wright. News filtered through that Lineker had scored at Old Trafford - leaving Wrighty needing three goals. Ian Wright went on the score a hat trick to win the golden boot. Not only that but his last goal was in the closing minutes when he ran almost the entire length of the pitch - beating at least five Southampton players on the way.
Tue 31/10/00 at 10:40
MAN UTD 2 NEWCASTLE 0

when newcastle were 12 points clear i they won they were champs but it glourious UTD who won in an electric game and it was the best game KEANO has ever played in a UTD shirt
it was also when keegan lost the plot as leeds thanks to fergie the mind game genius
Wed 25/10/00 at 18:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
There have been many but I liked this game:

Aberdeen 6-5 Motherwell it was excellent and my team won in the end. (1999).
Tue 24/10/00 at 20:49
Regular
"Whatever!"
That was a game I never want to remember again!!
Tue 24/10/00 at 19:08
What about Anfield '89.

'It's up for grabs now'.

Michael Thomas last minute title decider. Fantastic !
Tue 24/10/00 at 19:06
I watched that on Sky. I was a great game.
Tue 24/10/00 at 18:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
Liverpool 4 - Newcastle 3 (Anfield 1997)

This was the most unbelievable match I have ever been to. The atmosphere was amazing that night and to sit in the Kop was extra special. To think when we gave away a three goal lead there were people actually walking out the stadium - but then rose Robbie (God) Fowler to nod in the winner in injury time, the place just exploded.
Another thing was people were saying that the game couldnt possibly beat the previous seasons 4-3 triumph, but it was as good if not better.
Tue 24/10/00 at 11:48
Ooops - sorry that's three reasons, not two.
Tue 24/10/00 at 11:23
My choice :

Arsenal 5 Southampton 2 (1992 - I think).

Two reasons for this choice.

1) It was the last game of that season.
2) Last game before the North Bank was demolished.
3) Ian Wright and Gary Lineker were head to head for the golden boot award (top goalscorer). Lineker had scored one more goal than Ian Wright. News filtered through that Lineker had scored at Old Trafford - leaving Wrighty needing three goals. Ian Wright went on the score a hat trick to win the golden boot. Not only that but his last goal was in the closing minutes when he ran almost the entire length of the pitch - beating at least five Southampton players on the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.