GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda: For the Love of a Princess"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/05/02 at 15:17
Regular
Part I: The siege of Castle Hyrule

"This is it. Finally Hyrule will be mine and not a soul can stop me!" Gannon said as he led his army towards the castle of Hyrule, the great monument that stood to the east of Kokiri villiage, which towered above the trees.

Gannon raised his left arm to a vertical position, signalling to his army to stop their marching, around a hundred yards from the castle moat. The light from the moon lit up the beautiful castle's front wall, whilst Gannon's army of pure evil stayed shrouded in their matt-black armour.

Gannon's horse turned to face the army, the only sound heard being the clapping of the horse's iron shoes clunking against the ground. Gannon reached for the sword attatched to his belt, and held it above him, not even turning to watch the three bats who flew right overhead causing the moon to flicker in the eyes of Gannons soldiers.

"Tonight, we will conquer Hyrule, cause terror and pain in the hearts of all Hyrulians, and no one will be able to stop us! Kill any soldiers on site, and arrest any royal members who do not resist. Throw them into their own dungeons, and then bow to me as I sit on the throne of Hyrule Castle!"
The army of creatures, some humanoid, others in all shapes and sizes, looked towards their leader in wait. The evil in their hearts overpowering their fear, the adrenaline in their blood giving them a sense of power, and their weapons giving them all the abilities they need to destroy any army.

Gannon turned back to face the castle. This was his dream ever since he was a child. He had always wanted to become the ruler of Hyrule, the capital city of the world, and in controlling Hyrule, he could gain more power than anyone of pure mind and heart could ever fathom. Gannon slowly raised his sword back into the air and, in his breath whispered, "Attack."

With that came a giant roar from the army who all charged past Gannon straight towards the castle walls.

"What is that racket?" asked the king, "It's terribly frightening. It's enough to keep anyone awake this fine evening."
Princess Zelda looked towards her father, the old and innocent minded man who had never had to worry about attempts at his throne. She saw the look of confusion in his eyes, and began to worry. Her father had never looked like this before. Something was going on that was worrying him, and the King of Hyrule never worried about anything in this peaceful country.
"I will get the guards to investigate immediately," she said.

BANG! The door of the throne-room crashed to the floor leaving a cloud of dust which choked the princess where she stood. As the princess coughed to free her throat of the tickling the dust had caused, she looked up and saw a large sillouhette figure of a beast, piglike in face, with a large sword slowly walk through the door. As he did so, two guards ran towards the figure and lunged their swords towards the chest of this piglike creature, who swung his sword - slicing through the one guard's armour like a knife through butter, slitting his throat causing him to choke and breathe his last breath as the blood quickly poured out over the thick iron armour. The other guard, seeing his colleague slaugtered, hesitated in his attack allowing the monster of a man to puncture three large holes in his chest, killing him slowly and painfully.

It didn't take long for the princess to guess who he was. There were rumours about this man in the past. The holder of the Triforce of Power. If combined with Princess Zelda's Triforce of Wisdom, who knows what devastation and evil creature like this could cause. "Gannon!" she gasped from a tight breath as she put a hand on her chest to feel her heartbeat. An old myth stated that staring into the eyes of this creature is enough to stop anyone's heart from beating. Though the princess felt a slight sensation of relief when she could feel the thudding of her heart, as it drummed faster and faster.

"That's right pretty, I am Gannon, your new king!"

"That is rediculous!" the King said as he rose from his throne and marched towards Gannon.
Gannon's response was to bring out the Triforce of Power and whisper a command into it. The red crystal-like jewel glowed a firey orange and a deep red laser-beam emitted out of one of the prism-like corners of the Triforce. The beam struck the chest of the King, cut a chunk out of it, and dropped this chunk of living flesh on the floor beneath the King. In amongst the skin and blood was his still beating heart. The king dropped to his knees, his eyes wide open in disbelief, then after a few seconds of trying to say something, he collapsed.

"Why," she paused, thinking for the right words to say, "Why did you kill my father?"
Gannon smiled, "He was of no use to me."
Zelda walked to the corpse of her father, the majority of the body covered in a sticky layer of blood. She knelt beside him and slowly, gently lifted the crown off his head, being careful not to damage the body of the king. She stared at her father, just lying there peacefully with his eyes closed. A tear emerged from her left eye and left a trail of salty water as it flowed down her cheek.
"If you want this, you will have to kill me first!" The strong minded Zelda, more tears streaming down her face, slowly placed the crown on her head.

"Your kingdom has fallen Princess, your guards slaughtered and your people hiding in their basements. There is no need to kill you. Anyway, I have a purpose in mind for you."
Princess Zelda, wearing the magnificent crown of Hyrule wiped her eyes, the sadness of her loss overcome with shock and fear. "What do you want Gannon?"
He laughed, pointed to two of his soldiers who entered the room, and they grabbed Princess Zelda, as if she were a common thief, and started to drag her towards the throne-room's entrance, crown still on her head.
As they reached the doorway, Gannon said, "You know what I've come for, and you will help me get it." With that he turned to face his new throne and shouted, "To the Dungeon!"
Thu 09/05/02 at 15:17
Regular
Part I: The siege of Castle Hyrule

"This is it. Finally Hyrule will be mine and not a soul can stop me!" Gannon said as he led his army towards the castle of Hyrule, the great monument that stood to the east of Kokiri villiage, which towered above the trees.

Gannon raised his left arm to a vertical position, signalling to his army to stop their marching, around a hundred yards from the castle moat. The light from the moon lit up the beautiful castle's front wall, whilst Gannon's army of pure evil stayed shrouded in their matt-black armour.

Gannon's horse turned to face the army, the only sound heard being the clapping of the horse's iron shoes clunking against the ground. Gannon reached for the sword attatched to his belt, and held it above him, not even turning to watch the three bats who flew right overhead causing the moon to flicker in the eyes of Gannons soldiers.

"Tonight, we will conquer Hyrule, cause terror and pain in the hearts of all Hyrulians, and no one will be able to stop us! Kill any soldiers on site, and arrest any royal members who do not resist. Throw them into their own dungeons, and then bow to me as I sit on the throne of Hyrule Castle!"
The army of creatures, some humanoid, others in all shapes and sizes, looked towards their leader in wait. The evil in their hearts overpowering their fear, the adrenaline in their blood giving them a sense of power, and their weapons giving them all the abilities they need to destroy any army.

Gannon turned back to face the castle. This was his dream ever since he was a child. He had always wanted to become the ruler of Hyrule, the capital city of the world, and in controlling Hyrule, he could gain more power than anyone of pure mind and heart could ever fathom. Gannon slowly raised his sword back into the air and, in his breath whispered, "Attack."

With that came a giant roar from the army who all charged past Gannon straight towards the castle walls.

"What is that racket?" asked the king, "It's terribly frightening. It's enough to keep anyone awake this fine evening."
Princess Zelda looked towards her father, the old and innocent minded man who had never had to worry about attempts at his throne. She saw the look of confusion in his eyes, and began to worry. Her father had never looked like this before. Something was going on that was worrying him, and the King of Hyrule never worried about anything in this peaceful country.
"I will get the guards to investigate immediately," she said.

BANG! The door of the throne-room crashed to the floor leaving a cloud of dust which choked the princess where she stood. As the princess coughed to free her throat of the tickling the dust had caused, she looked up and saw a large sillouhette figure of a beast, piglike in face, with a large sword slowly walk through the door. As he did so, two guards ran towards the figure and lunged their swords towards the chest of this piglike creature, who swung his sword - slicing through the one guard's armour like a knife through butter, slitting his throat causing him to choke and breathe his last breath as the blood quickly poured out over the thick iron armour. The other guard, seeing his colleague slaugtered, hesitated in his attack allowing the monster of a man to puncture three large holes in his chest, killing him slowly and painfully.

It didn't take long for the princess to guess who he was. There were rumours about this man in the past. The holder of the Triforce of Power. If combined with Princess Zelda's Triforce of Wisdom, who knows what devastation and evil creature like this could cause. "Gannon!" she gasped from a tight breath as she put a hand on her chest to feel her heartbeat. An old myth stated that staring into the eyes of this creature is enough to stop anyone's heart from beating. Though the princess felt a slight sensation of relief when she could feel the thudding of her heart, as it drummed faster and faster.

"That's right pretty, I am Gannon, your new king!"

"That is rediculous!" the King said as he rose from his throne and marched towards Gannon.
Gannon's response was to bring out the Triforce of Power and whisper a command into it. The red crystal-like jewel glowed a firey orange and a deep red laser-beam emitted out of one of the prism-like corners of the Triforce. The beam struck the chest of the King, cut a chunk out of it, and dropped this chunk of living flesh on the floor beneath the King. In amongst the skin and blood was his still beating heart. The king dropped to his knees, his eyes wide open in disbelief, then after a few seconds of trying to say something, he collapsed.

"Why," she paused, thinking for the right words to say, "Why did you kill my father?"
Gannon smiled, "He was of no use to me."
Zelda walked to the corpse of her father, the majority of the body covered in a sticky layer of blood. She knelt beside him and slowly, gently lifted the crown off his head, being careful not to damage the body of the king. She stared at her father, just lying there peacefully with his eyes closed. A tear emerged from her left eye and left a trail of salty water as it flowed down her cheek.
"If you want this, you will have to kill me first!" The strong minded Zelda, more tears streaming down her face, slowly placed the crown on her head.

"Your kingdom has fallen Princess, your guards slaughtered and your people hiding in their basements. There is no need to kill you. Anyway, I have a purpose in mind for you."
Princess Zelda, wearing the magnificent crown of Hyrule wiped her eyes, the sadness of her loss overcome with shock and fear. "What do you want Gannon?"
He laughed, pointed to two of his soldiers who entered the room, and they grabbed Princess Zelda, as if she were a common thief, and started to drag her towards the throne-room's entrance, crown still on her head.
As they reached the doorway, Gannon said, "You know what I've come for, and you will help me get it." With that he turned to face his new throne and shouted, "To the Dungeon!"
Thu 09/05/02 at 15:18
Regular
Part II: The Will of the Tortured

Zelda sat alone in her dungeon. She was horrified by the sight of the blood stained walls that had happened as a result of the battle. The walls had always been kept clean by the castle maids, they always shone a brilliant white, but now they were dark brown, bloodied, and had a horrible stench that could make any weak soul ill.

The dungeons had not been used for a long, long time, Hyrule's Princess being the first to be locked away. There had never been the need for them. Hyrulians lived in a happy, peaceful co-existance with all creatures in the world. Those who were evil-hearted, lived in the dark caves far, far away, and the Gerudos, with their centuries-old reputation for thieving, lived in the Gerudo valley, and never left.

Zelda put her head in her arms, and sobbed. She was full of mixed emotions. The peace had not been broken for centuries. Hyrule didn't have an army, not one strong enough to defend the castle anyway. She was shocked, horrified and saddened by her father's death. She lifted her head, looked out the small barred window and shouted for help.

Silence.

She shouted again and there was still no sound to be heard. No friendly sound anyway. A rat ran past by her feet, stopped, then looked up at her curious as to why a beautiful young lady like her was trapped inside this filthy cage. She wondered that herself. Wondered how this was ever allowed to happen. Did her father really believe that nothing like this could happen? Had the fact that war had not been committed for centuries in Hyrule made the people weak, stupid and inferior to evil?

Suddenly there was a loud clang of metal hitting metal. Gannon had come down the stone-spiral-staircase that ran down to the dungeon, though his heavy boots made little sound. His sword had sliced through the chain and padlock that kept the bird in the cage. Zelda turned around with her hand just below her neck. She breathed deeply and said "It's you! You'll never get it from me!"
"Won't I?" Gannon asked, his evil smile displaying a few golden-yellow fang-like teeth.
He stepped further into the cage, pulled the door closed behind him, and rested his sword beside the hard-wood board that was supposed to be the prison bed.

He walked towards her, grinning and snorting aloud. Zelda stepped back with every step Gannon took until she was backed into the corner of the cell. Gannon reached out and lifted her chin with his right hand. He lowered himself to her height, pointed his face to hers, and started poking out his tounge. Zelda realised his evil intentions and spat at him. Without any hesitation Ganon reached down to his boot, pulled out a long, narrow knife, pushed Zelda against the wall with a thud, and thrust the knife right through her arm pinning her to the wall.

She let out a loud scream as the blood started flowing. At first it seemed so quick and painless. The blade cut cleanly through her flesh. However, within moments the princess was in agony. Zelda pleaded and pleaded he release her from the knife that pinned her to the wall.
Gannon demanded answers, "Where is the Triforce?" he asked.
Zelda tried to struggle free with her other arm. She grabbed the knife handle and tried to move it, but her fear of causing herself more damage prevented her from doing so. She looked up at Gannon's hog-like face, "You will never get the Triforce of Wisdom, not even if you kill me!"
"That can be arranged...," Gannon replied as he pulled another knife out of his other boot and thrusted it through the princess's other shoulder. She screamed again, not just because of the pain, but because of the fear going through her mind as she realised that those knives had parylised her arm and hand movement.
Gannon snorted and made pig-like noises under his breath. Sweat began to appear on his face and he felt his own temperature rise. He took a deep breath, and stepped back a bit. He didn't want to hurt the princess anymore. She would be no value to him dead.
"I will ask you one more time," Gannon said, the desperation in his voice was clearly evident, "Where is the Triforce of Wisdom?"
The princess, who had lost her mobility but not her will, raised her head which was covered in sweat, tears and blood. She would not lose the Triforce to this evil creature, whether she be dead or alive. She felt a blockage in her throat and coughed to clear it. With that, she took her aim and spat at Gannon, the mixture of blood and mucas landing on his boots.
Without thinking of the consequences, Gannon picked up his sword and made a clean cut at her throat. The blood slowly trickled out of the slit, the princess's eyes rolled and her throat gurgled as Zelda's head lowered.
"It's a shame," Gannon said as he put his sword away and headed towards the dungeon entrance, "she could've made a wonderful Queen."

The dungeon felt cold to the rat that had hid in the corner of Zelda's cell all through this. The rat appeared to have a tear in it's eye as it trotted to the feet of the body that was a beautiful princess. Now she was a terrible mess. Her head was hanging over her chest, her body pinned to the wall by two long knives, and her arms and legs limp. Her white dress was stained with blood and sweat that had once been Zelda's life.

The rat looked towards the dungeon stairway, and heard the large wooden door at the top of the spiral-staircase slam shut. Gannon shouted something that the rat could not understand in a pig-like screech and his footsteps could be heard as he walked away.

When the rat was sure all was clear, it seemed to change. A brilliant-white light emitted from the rat's eyes as it started to grow. First it's body grew to the size of a cats, then the rats limbs seemed to change into what looked like arms and legs. The changing creature's body slowly stretched and morphed itself until it looked like a very small woman's body. The eyes, still glowing, changed into human eyes, and very quickly the head changed into a human head, though a lot smaller. Wings started to grow from the small woman's back, though folded and crumpled. The rat was a fairy.

The fairy stretched her wings and started to pace back and fore. She put her hand to chin, shivered a little then said out loud so only she could hear herself, "Something doesn't quite feel right....aha," she said as she pointed to a small piece of wood in the corner of the room where she had hid when she was a rat. The twig flashed a bright blue as it disappeared. The fairy opened her hand and there it appeared, but not as an old bit of wood, but a wand. She pointed the wand at the now clearly dead corpse and muttered something.

The room went pitch black. Nothing could be seen at all. For a few seconds anyway, as shortly after the light reappeared and the princess was asleep, with no injuries, lying on the hard piece of wood that was bolted from one edge to the wall. The fairy leapt onto the board and sat next to the princess's head. "Don't worry," she whispered into her ear, "help will arrive soon."
Sat 11/05/02 at 15:19
Regular
Vintage Stuff™ Edgy!

(that's the highest accolade I can give you)
Sat 11/05/02 at 18:41
Regular
"TAGLINE ERROR!"
Great stuff Edgy. I'll read part II later.
Hope to read more of your stories in the future.
Sat 11/05/02 at 23:59
Regular
Part III will be coming soon...
Sat 29/06/02 at 17:50
Regular
The Legend of Zelda: For The Love of a Princess: Part III: The Plan

The fairy slowly flew up to the barred window. The air was cool and the moon was full. She could see her breath a few inches infront of her face as she breathed. She looked back towards the princess whilst holding onto one of the window's cold metal bars and took a deep breath, "It's up to you now Navi."

She faced the outside world once again, preparing to take off in search of someone destined to rescue the princess, or die trying. Up into the air she went, her tiny wings beating fast through the air. The breeze blew through her clothes giving her goosebumps, but she didn't feel the cold. She didn't notice it at all. The pressures of finding someone were too high to start thinking about the cold.

She flew over trees, under the stars in what seemed like an eternity til she reached a lonely single-storey home at the top of a small hill. Although it was the early hours of the morning, light was pouring out of the small front windows and smoke was rising out of the chimney. Navi flew down to the nearest window, hid behind the frame and poked her head forward enough to see through the window.

Inside, the hut seemed small. It was single roomed with a bed either side of the room. In the middle at the far wall was a fireplace with a large pot steaming. Just infront was a table, two chairs but only one vacant. Sitting in the room was a teenage elfish boy. He had pointy ears, a long green pointy hat, and covering his sack-brown underclothes was a green long dress-like suit which reached to the tops of his knees. He had a worried look on his face and held his head in his hands.

Navi assessed the situation. He looked pretty harmless, and there was no one else around. She pulled out her wand and gently tapped the glass of the window. In a second, she slowly stepped over the frame and through the glass as if it were liquid. Making sure it sealed behind her, she tapped it again, slightly harder this time so that it made a pinging noise.

The elf looked up to see a small, but beautiful young girl with wings. "Huh?" he said, startled. he blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes, "You're a fairy!" He rubbed his eyes some more.
"Sure am," Navi said. She flew around the room once, quickly, as if to confirm it.
Link watched until she landed and asked, "But...but how did you get in?"
Navi clicked her fingers and her wand appeared infront of her, "With the aid of this and a li'l fairy dust."

The elf put his head back into his arms and just stared blankly at the table.
"What's wrong?" Navi asked. She flew onto the table infront of him.
The elf turned his head so as to lose eye contact, "My father went to the castle to help defend the castle. He told me to stay indoors til he returns but I fear the worst..."
He then looked up and as to change the subject he introduced himself, "By the way, my name's Link."
"Navi, pleased to meet you."

. . .

"Oh my god! We've got to go!" Link said, very anxious to leave immediately.
"Wait," Navi said, her voice sounded very loud for someone of her size, "If you just run into the castle you'll be killed instantly!" She flew infront of Link's face to stop him walking out the door.
"So what do you expect me to do? Just sit here whilst my father dies, or gets tortured, or worse, enslaved?" Link pushed Navi away only to be stopped by a forcefield.

"Listen," Navi said, "I know a way we can sneak in."
Link sat back down and concentrated on Navi.
"If we can get through to the castle gardens, I can make a temporary hole in the ground for you to jump down into the underground basement. You'll be alone from there. If," Navi paused, "When you get out, head for the Sanctuary, I will then look after the princess from there."
Link straightened his hat and said, "Right, let's go!"

Part IV coming soon: First Fight.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.