GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nausea"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/05/02 at 10:30
Regular
Playing on my Gamecube for any longer than 15 minutes makes me feel sick. I have played on tons of consoles in my life, ranging from an imported Atari 5400 to my loverly GC. Never once have I felt sick through playing games, but yesterday my GC finally arrived, I booted it up and was playing Luigi's Mansion and felt sick. I rested a bit, had some coffee, felt better. Played Waverace, felt sick again. Same with Rogue Sqaudron. I have just played Luigi's Mansion for a good hour, and am still feeling sick!
How annoying is this? Anyone else suffering this? It even happens if I change TVs!
Help! Someone!
Wed 08/05/02 at 10:30
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
Playing on my Gamecube for any longer than 15 minutes makes me feel sick. I have played on tons of consoles in my life, ranging from an imported Atari 5400 to my loverly GC. Never once have I felt sick through playing games, but yesterday my GC finally arrived, I booted it up and was playing Luigi's Mansion and felt sick. I rested a bit, had some coffee, felt better. Played Waverace, felt sick again. Same with Rogue Sqaudron. I have just played Luigi's Mansion for a good hour, and am still feeling sick!
How annoying is this? Anyone else suffering this? It even happens if I change TVs!
Help! Someone!
Wed 08/05/02 at 13:53
"High polygon count"
It's motion sickness. It can affect anyone at any time. I used to get it occasionally playing Wipeout on my PS1.

It can begin to show itself, or get worse, if you are tired,ill or generally run down.

I'd advise you to see your doctor.
Wed 08/05/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Maybe it's something to do with that 'Brand New Console Smell'!??
You know, like how you feel you're gunna throw up as soon as you get into a brand-new car and take-in a deep breath!

What about headaches, do you get them too??
Are you short-sighted?? I am and I find that if I don't wear glasses when playing a game I feel quite strange, and also cannot see what's going on very well!

Lets hope it's nothing serious, like an Allergic Reaction to GameCubes!! :O
Hope you find out what it is. :)
Wed 08/05/02 at 16:26
Regular
I suggest you limit your videogaming, no matter which console you use, and make an appointment down at the doctors for advice.

It could be an epileptic reaction you are having to the games, and they can effect anyone at anytime whether there's history of epilepsy or not.
Wed 08/05/02 at 16:32
Regular
Make sure you take lots of breaks during games, the intstruction booklet recommends a regular break, maybe every 15 minutes and drink a lot of water, and make an appointment with your doctor :-)
Wed 08/05/02 at 18:51
might be a mild form of epilepsy, only caused now and not using other consoles because of the cube's nice 60fps =( see your doctor.
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:31
Regular
">:)"
This is a problem that I often find annoying. THe first game I ever noticed it on was Mario 64. After playing for around 30 mins, I would get really hot, and have to lie down for a while to calm down. I think the shocking intensity of the hues in that game was partly to blame.

Generally it only effects me in FPS games, like goldeneye, and PD. I have both these games, it only effects me in single player.

I am convinced it is motion sickness.

THe worst case I ever had was with Halflife on the PC. I nearly hurled!

On GC, I am fine with luigi's mansion, but I rented ROgue leader, and that really made me feel ill after 10 mins or so. It was worst on the free space levels, where there were no obvious fixed points in space.

I played Waverace round my friends earlier today, and that made me feel a bit queezy too. That water effect is just too realistic for my liking.

My advice to to stick to 3rd person games, like zelda, as these have less of a brain melting effect.

Although if LM makes you queezy maybe you are different to me.

Try turning down the contrast and Saturation of your tv. Making the colours less intense can sometimes help.

good luck..
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
i am sorry for you, and i hope you sort out your motion sickness.
by the way, do you get sick in cars and stuff, or from reading in moving vehicles? that could be linked.
oh and don't play for 5 hours straight, like i did on shenmue 2. that was a bad idea. a bad idea!
Wed 08/05/02 at 21:42
Regular
I normally just get a headache after playing games for too long or feel dizzy :(
Thu 09/05/02 at 09:40
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
I've never had any problems with regards to games ever - which makes this really strange. And with regards to the headaches I've had them for the last year - doctor said that if it was a tumour I'd be dead by now, so it's just migraines. Also my vision is damn near perfect according to an optician I saw a few months ago, so it's not that! Damn its so annoying! I really like Luigi's Mansion, but playing it for more than half an hour becomes unbearable!
Waverace takes longer to kick in, but it's still there!
arrgh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.