GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games Museums"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/10/00 at 13:12
Regular
Wouldn't it be great to have a computer games museum?!
There would be sections for computers and consoles, showing how they progressed through the ages. Old arcade cabinets would be on display next to ones that they inspired (all playable)
A technology section would be next, which shows how the early computers were designed and built and has lots of technical details about speed and capabilities of the various machines.
Then there would be a games character section, a bit like madamme Tuesourds with all the old and new favorites like Sonic, Mario and Pacman all standing side by side.
A music section could deal with the games music and show all the artists that have worked on games since the first music appeared on them, there would be console area where you could hear the music from various games and even create your own CD from lots of tunes on offer to take home with you.
Finally there would be a development section, which would show you how games are made and the processes that a games company goes through to create them. This could include a special message board where you could leave messages for the games companies about their games or about new games ideas.
If this got the backing of Sony, Sega et al then it could be massive and show modern gamers the highly interesting history behind the consoles they play on today.
Mon 20/11/00 at 11:44
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Hmmm, was her name Ada Lovelace? I think it was, and she had a language named after her.. Facinating!
Fri 27/10/00 at 18:55
"possibly impossible"
More pointless trivia: Did you know that Lord Byron's wife was the first 'programmer' She worked with Charles Babage to create special program cards with calculations. Not exactly Crazy Taxi or Metal Gear Solid, but it still counts!!
Fri 27/10/00 at 14:04
I'd love to be a part of that if it happened!
I am a hugh fan of classic gaming so a museum of classic gaming and the history of computers would be excellent!

Did you know (apart from the abacus) one of the earliest forms of computer was the machine used to translate the German codes in the World Wars!
Fri 27/10/00 at 11:49
Sounds great. I'll do tours if you like. I'm not really needed in new games anymore.

I could telleveryone about the wonderful maze I used to roam in, and those horrible ghosts.
Sun 22/10/00 at 13:12
Wouldn't it be great to have a computer games museum?!
There would be sections for computers and consoles, showing how they progressed through the ages. Old arcade cabinets would be on display next to ones that they inspired (all playable)
A technology section would be next, which shows how the early computers were designed and built and has lots of technical details about speed and capabilities of the various machines.
Then there would be a games character section, a bit like madamme Tuesourds with all the old and new favorites like Sonic, Mario and Pacman all standing side by side.
A music section could deal with the games music and show all the artists that have worked on games since the first music appeared on them, there would be console area where you could hear the music from various games and even create your own CD from lots of tunes on offer to take home with you.
Finally there would be a development section, which would show you how games are made and the processes that a games company goes through to create them. This could include a special message board where you could leave messages for the games companies about their games or about new games ideas.
If this got the backing of Sony, Sega et al then it could be massive and show modern gamers the highly interesting history behind the consoles they play on today.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.