GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the worst game you ever brought?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/10/00 at 22:51
Regular
Ahh! Something we haven't done before!

Whats the worst game you ever brought? What system was it on? Why was it so rubbish?

I'll start, as I started the topic, I suppose.

The worst game I ever brought has to be... Men In Black on the PC.

Arggghhhhhh! Why oh why oh why did I buy this? The gameplay is disgusting, the graphics are medicore. The sound... don't get me started on the sound.

Overall, a absolute pathetic game that has tarnished the film, only released as a movie tie in, this is the worst game I ever brought.
Sat 21/10/00 at 22:51
Regular
Ahh! Something we haven't done before!

Whats the worst game you ever brought? What system was it on? Why was it so rubbish?

I'll start, as I started the topic, I suppose.

The worst game I ever brought has to be... Men In Black on the PC.

Arggghhhhhh! Why oh why oh why did I buy this? The gameplay is disgusting, the graphics are medicore. The sound... don't get me started on the sound.

Overall, a absolute pathetic game that has tarnished the film, only released as a movie tie in, this is the worst game I ever brought.
Sat 21/10/00 at 23:04
Regular
The worst game I ever bought was also on the PC.
It's called Virus. I thought it was great deal finding it for a fiver until I played it!

The music is bad, the level design sucks, the music was awful and repetitive gameplay and control system just doesn't work.

Overall: Not even worth £5
Sat 21/10/00 at 23:04
Thunderhawk 2 on PlayStation.

I had the original on my Amiga, and loved that. But the follow-up was utter tosh. It went straight back for an exchange.
Sat 21/10/00 at 23:33
worst bought Blood omen.
worst played X-files(I mean does it even count as a game?)
Sat 21/10/00 at 23:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
The worst game I have ever bought was HOME ALONE 2 on the Game Boy. What an absolute piece of trash this title was. The graphics were just dull, it was probably the slowest game I have ever played, and every level was basically the same - run around collect items, progress to next room, etc... The only plus points this game had was the story line and music were at least faithfull to the film.
Needless to say I have since parted with this, what I rank to be one of the worst games ever.

Oh and FIFA 97 on PSX.
Sat 21/10/00 at 23:34
Lemmy is on !
Sun 22/10/00 at 01:18
In this little world that I like to call my own, the title of "Worst Game Ever Bought" is presented to a recent Dreamcast Title.

It has since the beginning shown it's promise of rottenness, as it is one of those games I bought, just for the sake of buying...

Graphically it's a dream, but this is also where the buck stops.
The controls are easy to master, if you happen to suffer from a disease which causes your finger to twitch uncontrollably.
The level design is a chapter of it's own. Unfortunately it's the kind of chapter that should never have been written, let alone read.
The storyline is quite like most of Sylvester Stallone's dialogues: Extremely incomprehensible.
And the end of the game is too far away. It's should have ended right after that ugly intro.

And the winner is...
Fighting Force 2 !!!
Go ahead, Johnny, Tell it what it's won...
Sun 22/10/00 at 12:05
Regular
"Excommunicated"
The worst game I bought was also a film 'Braveheart' I mainly bought it because I loved the film.
The graphics are poor the gameplay is crap and well it is just crap. I bought it for £20 AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! why did I buy it?
Sun 22/10/00 at 12:08
The worst game I ever bought? Oh dear, there have been so many!
On the megadrive it was probably Ballz, the 'first' 3d fighting game that wasn't quite 3d and was about as much fun as a political party broadcast. Then there was Doctor Who on the PC, what a let down, it was like doom without the scary bits, even the Daleks were laughable.
Recently I have been unlucky enough to play Mortal Kombat Gold on the dreamcast. Just as I thought games couldn't get any worse, this one came along and showed me just how low the depths of gaming can get.
Oh boy!
Sun 22/10/00 at 16:30
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
In 1985 Firebird Software published a compilation called DON'T BUY THIS featuring six of the worst games you have ever seen for the Spectrum. The compilation made it into the charts despite the really awful games, including Fido, a game of making a dog sit down and stand up. But the worst game I have ever seen involved horse-jumping (on the Spectrum) and moved in three second blips. All you could see on the screen were the horse's ears and the occassion fence rail looming up so that you knew when to press fire. I think it was imaginatively named "Horse Jumping".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.