GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 Games - What is the best games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 15:52
Regular
Here is you chance to vote your best 3 games what would you choose? I would choose
1.Metal Gear Solid 2
2.Grand Theft Auto 3
3.Estate of Emergency
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:04
I would choose

1.Metal Gear Solid 2
2.Grand Theft Auto 3
3.Pro Evolution
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:02
well it was too late to change it. thanks for voting anyway
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
My three favourite PS2 games would be
1-Metal gear solid 2
2-Final fantasy 10 (although i've only played the demo)
3-Tekken Tag Tournament
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
"DS..."
Thanks for that insight into the world of poor grammar IB {:) i would also like to point out that this is a pointless thread which has been posted many times before with equal error in spelling and at the end of the day, "does anyone really care?"
I mean how many users on here are totally incompentant gamers who can't make a descision on which game to buy? actually don't answer that, anyway I for one would like to see some more original posts around here and not the same regurgitated rubbish that gets posted over and over again, *sigh* what a sad world we live in.
slik ~_~
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:02
"Darkness, always"
k21kevink21 wrote:
> Here is you chance to vote your best 3 games what would you choose? I
> would choose
> 1.Metal Gear Solid 2
> 2.Grand Theft Auto 3
> 3.Estate of Emergency

lets break this down a little shall we.

Firstly: the thread title - "Playstation 2 Games - What is the best games?"
Now, what is the first thing we notice about that? Yes, the poor use of English. There are two major flaws here. Firstly, ignoring the 2nd mistake for a moment, the question asks "Which Playstation 2 games are the best games" This implies that games are a subset of playstation 2 games. Of course, this is not accurate, and the question needn't have repeated the word "games" in the second instance.

Secondly, we can't help but note the poor grammar here "what is the best games". Obviously this should instead have read either;

1) Which are the best games?
2) What is the best game?

Looking at the eventual content of the message, we can safely assume that the title SHOULD have read:

"Playstation 2 Games - Which are the best?"
or
"Playstation 2 - Which are the best games?"

Now, moving on, we come to the thread content. We immediately come across "Here is you chance to vote". Obviously the author of this post has spelled "your" incorrectly. Unpleasant, but forgivable this once. What isn't forgivable is the omission of a comma following the word "games".

I hold this user in contempt.

IB
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:57
Regular
"DS..."
was that a delberate Typo on n.o3? {;) lol
slik ~_~
Tue 30/04/02 at 15:52
Here is you chance to vote your best 3 games what would you choose? I would choose
1.Metal Gear Solid 2
2.Grand Theft Auto 3
3.Estate of Emergency

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.