GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which way would you swerve?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 15:33
Regular
Not a scenario i invented myself, though i've adapted it slightly. Some stuff in another topic reminded me of it, and i thought it'd be interesting to see how people decided:

1. You're driving a car, suddenly from one side of the road comes a person (you don't know them), and from the other side come 2 gazelles.
You can't stop in time, so you have to swerve into either the person or the animals, knowing you'll kill whichever you hit.
So do you save one person, or 2 animals?

2. Same scenario, but on one side is a child with an incapacitating mental illness which can't be cured, and on the other is a super-intelligent chimp (no comedy glorification of monkeys please!). Who do you save?

Me? First one, i'd hit the animals, no question.
Second one, more difficult, but i'd hit the animal again, i think.
Wed 01/05/02 at 16:44
I'd take the man and the child out, no problem i couldn't kill an animal.
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:03
Regular
"relocated"
I'd aim right for the super-intelligent chimp, because, being super-intelligent, he'd almost certainly concoct an A-Team style escape plan and swing on out of there unharmed.
Wed 01/05/02 at 12:13
Regular
"I confused?"
1) Gazelle
2) child
Wed 01/05/02 at 10:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> My thoughts at the time would probably be something like '...', so I
> reckon I'd drive through the middle, clipping both parties yet not
> fatally injuring either. Which worked out for the best, actually.

LOL! Nice answer!

For me though! I'd take out the animals! Neither are endangered species, or 'Dolphins', so I'm not that bothered about em! Also if you went for the ppl you might end up in jail, but if you splat the animals no-one other than a few animal right activists are gonna care!

:)
Tue 30/04/02 at 23:45
1. Drive straight through the middle, and kill them all.
Muah ha ha ha ha.

2. Kill the person with the desease.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:50
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Urg, this is hard. I guess I wouldn't know until I was in that situaion.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:40
VenomByte wrote:
> First time I'd hit the animals.
>
> Second time is more tricky...but I'd whack the chimp, for the simple
> reason that I couldn't get done for manslaughter that way.

I love the way you said I'd whack the chimp, brilliant.
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:39
I would probably prefere to kill the animals both times, but I would try my best to avoid them both.
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
My thoughts at the time would probably be something like '...', so I reckon I'd drive through the middle, clipping both parties yet not fatally injuring either. Which worked out for the best, actually.
Tue 30/04/02 at 19:14
Regular
"smile, it's free"
First time I'd hit the animals.

Second time is more tricky...but I'd whack the chimp, for the simple reason that I couldn't get done for manslaughter that way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.