GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola 'login change' by 27th August."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/08/06 at 09:43
Regular
Morning,
One of my clients (with a Freeola website) received an email from you asking that he either set up a new style login or 'combine accounts' by 27th August.

He sent me the email as I registered the site and look after things for him. The sr account already showed in my MyFreeola 'Domain Portfolio' so I followed the 'combine accounts' route.

It looks like I have around 50 domains that are in this situation.
i.e. They show in my portfolio but not under 'Web Sites'. Clicking on a domain displays: "Hosted at Freeola but not on your MyFreeola login"

Does this mean you will be sending (or have already) emails to these accounts? As I manage these domains it would be better for me (and seems to make sense) that the emails were sent directly to me, using the address that was used for the registration. Is this possible for you to do?

Can you confirm that I need to 'combine' these accounts before the 27th August?

NB. Once accounts have been 'combined' any configured email accounts show up under my Freeola Webmail (as I'm a Freeola ADSL customer). Can you introduce an option to remove accounts from Webmail, as I obviously don't want access to hundreds of email accounts?

I thought I would post my questions here rather than send a 'ticket' so that other Freeola customers can benefit from your answers. Obviously if you should need account specifics I'll use the online form.

Thanks in advance.

I've sent a support ticket as well, as I'm not sure how frequently Freeola support staff visit this forum.
Thu 09/11/06 at 15:53
Regular
"incognito"
We are planning to review the e-mail reminder system in the future so it will be thought about then.

At present there are other features being worked on so I cannot give a date but it will be looked into at some point.
Thu 09/11/06 at 13:37
Regular
BW20 wrote:
> As far as the webmail issue goes, I ran it by the programming
> team and they will implement the changes suggested during the
> next few months when we start to improve the functionality of
> the MyFreeola system.

Hello.
I've just noticed your recent MyFreeola changes where you've made it an option whether to show the email account in the webmail drop-down or not. That makes things much more manageable for me - thanks.

I might as well leave you with another of my requirements :)

I would like to have one email address for each domain that works as the 'admin' address.
For example, at the moment you send email reminders to all the accounts in a domain when it's coming up for renewal. As I manage the majority of my domains for other people I currently have to turn off all reminders to stop the emails, and make sure I check manually for due domains - which isn't ideal. Being able to specify one email account for domain admin would help me.

Perhaps you could pass this request on to those working on the MyFreeola improvements?

Thanks again.
GWD
Fri 18/08/06 at 18:08
Regular
"incognito"
GWD wrote:
> Any more news on this?
>
> If you could relate the sr numbers in your email with domains it
> would help enormously.

I have passed this to our systems team to work out and will let you know when they answer back. At the moment customers seem to be ringing us with their sr numbers and we confirm which domains are attached.

As far as the webmail issue goes, I ran it by the programming team and they will implement the changes suggested during the next few months when we start to improve the functionality of the MyFreeola system.
Fri 18/08/06 at 16:42
Regular
Any more news on this?

If you could relate the sr numbers in your email with domains it would help enormously.
Thu 17/08/06 at 19:04
Regular
GWD wrote:
> NB. From the emails I've received so far this looks like it's
> going to be quite an admin task! Hopefully a once in a lifetime
> thing...

Is this just me?
But I wish your emails connected the sr number and any related domain name - I'm having trouble matching some of the emailed accounts with a domain in my 'portfolio'!
Thu 17/08/06 at 17:50
Regular
BW20 wrote:
> I have been asked to check if you would like the extra webmail
> accounts removed all together or just from the drop-down box in
> your MyFreeola account. Customers can log in to each webmail
> enabled address individually by visiting
> http://freeola.com/webmail.
> Would this be better for you?

Hi BW20, Thanks for your reply.

Ideally it would be good to have BOTH -
the option of turning WEBmail off (and on) completely for each account; and whether to show the account in the webmail Dropdown menu or not.

If both options are not an option! Then just to be able to remove accounts from the dropdown menu would be my next choice.

If this isn't clear, please let me know.

NB. From the emails I've received so far this looks like it's going to be quite an admin task! Hopefully a once in a lifetime thing...
Thu 17/08/06 at 17:03
Regular
"incognito"
I have been asked to check if you would like the extra webmail accounts removed all together or just from the drop-down box in your MyFreeola account. Customers can log in to each webmail enabled address individually by visiting http://freeola.com/webmail. Would this be better for you?
Thu 17/08/06 at 12:21
Regular
"incognito"
GWD wrote:
> Does this mean you will be sending (or have already) emails to
> these accounts?

The e-mails are being sent to every single e-mail address that is not on a MyFreeola account. This is neccessary because the e-mail applies to those using our free e-mail addresses as well as the domain ones. The problem with sending to the original domain registration e-mail address is that for older domains the addresses are often invalid or not used any more.

> Can you confirm that I need to 'combine' these accounts before
> the 27th August?

We would prefer that all accounts are combined as quickly as possible, however the deadline refers to the closing date for our competition announced in the e-mail.

> Can you introduce an option to remove accounts from
> Webmail, as I obviously don't want access to hundreds of email
> accounts?

This is a good idea and one that I will pass on to our systems team to investigate. I will post their response when I receive it.
Thu 17/08/06 at 09:43
Regular
Morning,
One of my clients (with a Freeola website) received an email from you asking that he either set up a new style login or 'combine accounts' by 27th August.

He sent me the email as I registered the site and look after things for him. The sr account already showed in my MyFreeola 'Domain Portfolio' so I followed the 'combine accounts' route.

It looks like I have around 50 domains that are in this situation.
i.e. They show in my portfolio but not under 'Web Sites'. Clicking on a domain displays: "Hosted at Freeola but not on your MyFreeola login"

Does this mean you will be sending (or have already) emails to these accounts? As I manage these domains it would be better for me (and seems to make sense) that the emails were sent directly to me, using the address that was used for the registration. Is this possible for you to do?

Can you confirm that I need to 'combine' these accounts before the 27th August?

NB. Once accounts have been 'combined' any configured email accounts show up under my Freeola Webmail (as I'm a Freeola ADSL customer). Can you introduce an option to remove accounts from Webmail, as I obviously don't want access to hundreds of email accounts?

I thought I would post my questions here rather than send a 'ticket' so that other Freeola customers can benefit from your answers. Obviously if you should need account specifics I'll use the online form.

Thanks in advance.

I've sent a support ticket as well, as I'm not sure how frequently Freeola support staff visit this forum.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.