GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multi Movie Swap Shop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 19:22
Regular
I used to wonder how I could afford to see all the films I missed on DVD or the Cinema. I pride myself on my DVD collection, but it's still not enough and I miss so many films that just pass me by.

Renting is ok until you consider that for the price of renting 4 or 5 films you can pick up a pretty good DVD to buy these days. So I continue buying them from time to time and I'm happy to say that I've found a new way of watching films that doesn't cost a thing.

At work I have encouraged people to buy DVD Players (one got one from SR and joined, result!) Others have needed no encouragement. After a short while (and some more subtle convincing) they had a small horde of DVD titles to watch. We then set up a spreadsheet at work with all our DVD collections on so that we could swap them at any time and watch far more films than is good for anyone to watch.

As we swap films our list grows (albeit slowly) and there are more titles to choose from. Soon we will have as many as Blockbuster and then there will be no need to worry about not having seen a film.

Of course, it all takes a little trust and there is some limited wear and tear, but we all look after our DVDs anyway and how many times do you want to watch the same film in a month or even a year? The system is a perfect way to save money and get to see lots of titles too.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
pb wrote:
anyway and how many times do
> you want to watch the same film in a month or even a year?

You'd be surprised. Very surprised. . :-D
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:22
"possibly impossible"
I used to wonder how I could afford to see all the films I missed on DVD or the Cinema. I pride myself on my DVD collection, but it's still not enough and I miss so many films that just pass me by.

Renting is ok until you consider that for the price of renting 4 or 5 films you can pick up a pretty good DVD to buy these days. So I continue buying them from time to time and I'm happy to say that I've found a new way of watching films that doesn't cost a thing.

At work I have encouraged people to buy DVD Players (one got one from SR and joined, result!) Others have needed no encouragement. After a short while (and some more subtle convincing) they had a small horde of DVD titles to watch. We then set up a spreadsheet at work with all our DVD collections on so that we could swap them at any time and watch far more films than is good for anyone to watch.

As we swap films our list grows (albeit slowly) and there are more titles to choose from. Soon we will have as many as Blockbuster and then there will be no need to worry about not having seen a film.

Of course, it all takes a little trust and there is some limited wear and tear, but we all look after our DVDs anyway and how many times do you want to watch the same film in a month or even a year? The system is a perfect way to save money and get to see lots of titles too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.