GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Big Brother on PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
Just imagine the scene- 10 completely random PS2 owners selected from the thousands of entries placed in a virtual online house for 10 weeks. Each contestant controls their character in the house in a fashion similar to looking after a Tamagotchi, making sure they don't starve to death or waste their muscles away sitting in the big beanbag 24/7. Each contestant has an option menu whereby they can interact with other contestants, choosing to either gossip about them or make friends with them.

Certain tasks are set each week as is the case in Big Brother and on successful completion the contestants can chose their shopping list with their newly acquired virtual money. When it comes to voting time, each contestant nominates who they want to leave and other onlooking gamers vote on whether they agree with the house or not.

A very demanding gaming idea, but with a lucrative prize, it could be a very rewarding experience sometime in the not-too-distant future.
Sat 04/05/02 at 10:53
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
>
> You can build your own restaurants and bars in the sims online. The
> game will probably have one of the biggest on-line communities for any
> game when its released, the only thing is you have to pay a monthly
> subcription.

there are many on-line games that need online costs for server and router maintanence and overheads. i wounder if PS2 will have online surport.
Thu 02/05/02 at 11:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
>
> if they did do u think there will be vertule pub ;)

You can build your own restaurants and bars in the sims online. The game will probably have one of the biggest on-line communities for any game when its released, the only thing is you have to pay a monthly subcription.
Wed 01/05/02 at 18:48
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> If however it the sims online, well then yes you could. That game has
> specifically been designed for internet gaming, giving you the ability
> to create sims and then meet with other peoples sims to chat on-line.
> A bit like habbo hotel but on a wider scale.
>
> But I haven't heard any word whatsoever of there being a port of the
> sims to the PS2. I read a rumour a while back, but haven't heard
> anything sinse. You'll just have to pray EA get around to making that
> conversion.

if they did do u think there will be vertule pub ;)
Wed 01/05/02 at 15:48
Regular
"simpsons rule"
yes that would be a great game
Wed 01/05/02 at 13:11
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:

> cool. i wounder if you could play it on-line.

It depends on which game EA would convert, if the company is planning to convert the sims that is.

If its just the origanal sims then no it wont be able to be played on-line. It would still be possible to swap objects and user created sims, but you wouldn't be able to use your sims to chat to other people on the net.

If however it the sims online, well then yes you could. That game has specifically been designed for internet gaming, giving you the ability to create sims and then meet with other peoples sims to chat on-line. A bit like habbo hotel but on a wider scale.

But I haven't heard any word whatsoever of there being a port of the sims to the PS2. I read a rumour a while back, but haven't heard anything sinse. You'll just have to pray EA get around to making that conversion.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:49
"For the horde!!!!"
cipro wrote:
> Gridloch wrote:
> will the sims be ported to the PS2 you think?
>
> I think so. Probably not until the PS2 gets the modem so console
> owners will be able to download new objects.

cool. i wounder if you could play it on-line.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Gridloch wrote:
> will the sims be ported to the PS2 you think?

I think so. Probably not until the PS2 gets the modem so console owners will be able to download new objects.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:45
"For the horde!!!!"
will the sims be ported to the PS2 you think?
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:40
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Oh My God

*little joke there*
Tue 30/04/02 at 10:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There have already been two spin off games for big brother 1 and 2 on the PC, and they where complete pants. I haven't played them myself, but a PC games magazine which I read reviewed them, and they both got the scores of 4% and 3%. They where cash ins of corse.

And Hurcules is right, the sims plays like an unofficial game of big brother. You can create a family, put them in a house and watch them interact with each other. It does have a lack of tasks though, so it can sometimes become a bit boring. Still its one of the best life simulators out there at the moment.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.