GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copularity Pontest with a difference!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 19:45
Regular
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Zelda OOT
Pokemon Stadium
Zelda MM
CBFD
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Turok 2
Top Gear Rally
TWINE
Jet Force Gemini
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Castlevania
Carmageddon
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Diddy Kong Racing
Forsaken
Tue 30/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
RM18 wrote:
> Twain, check out the final cast list...

Where?
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:59
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
ok then heres mine...
Perfect Dark: quality! just been playeding it. not enough missions though
Goldeneye:wicked loved every minute. a tad better than PD
Zelda OOT: best ever game created nough said
Pokemon Stadium: I liked this too. enjoed winning extra pokemon in the castle
Zelda MM: not as good as oot but bombers notebook was the most fun i evr had on a zelda game.
CBFD: another quality game. favourite part is war
Mario 64: awesome. one of my first games. B&K jus beats it
Mario Kart 64: best ever n64 multiplayer
Turok 2 : never played it but i liked the original
Top Gear Rally : never played it but heard good things about it
TWINE :another great shoot em up. notas good As 007g of Pd though
Jet Force Gemini : never played it but always wanted too. take that its good bby what been said about it
Banjo Kazooie :awesome. i think best platformer on 64. just beating mario
Banjo Tooie : never played it but dont think as good as orignal
Donkey Kong 64 :a wicked game with lots of good points. a little repetitve though.
Castlevania: never palyed it and i dont want to!
Carmageddon: absolute rubbish! what are those green things!?
Duke Nukem Zero Hour: never played it. sounds good though!
Diddy Kong Racing: a wicked game not as good as mario kart!
Forsaken: never played it. had know intention to really!
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Perfect Dark - Utterly sublime FPS with little wrong with it - the mainly, but othewise superb

Goldeneye - The grandaddy of consol FPS - I plays this still

Zelda OOT - The best game ever - completed it 5 times and still going back for more

Pokemon Stadium - From what I played, good, quite addictive, but not fantastic

Zelda MM - Never played, but it looks pretty damn good

CBFD - Never played

Mario 64 - Another superb 3-D game - I love it still!

Mario Kart 64 - The ebst multiplayer ever - never owned it, but I wish I had

Turok 2 - Supeeb graphics, but it was a little too dark and macbre for my liking - still absouloutely massive

Top Gear Rally - never played

TWINE - False pretender to Goldenye really

Jet Force Gemini - Rare again! SUPERB 3-D blaster

Banjo Kazooie - One of Rares best - I got hooked all the way through

Banjo Tooie - Never played

Donkey Kong 64 - I got this about 1.5 years ago, but I have only just beaten K.Rool with all the bannanas! Huge, not perfect, but another tour de bloomin' brilliant force for rare

Castlevania - Never played

Carmageddon - Likewise, but I don't wan to either!

Duke Nukem Zero Hour - Good fun

Diddy Kong Racing - Not as good as MK, but still very good fun

Forsaken - Huge, slighty repetitive blaster that I got for very cheap form SR - Still quite good, but not that great.
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:34
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Twain wrote:
> Perfect Dark- Only played it round a mates house. I want it though.

> Goldeneye- Ive completed it along w/all cheats. Mulitplayer fraggin fun fun fun

> Zelda OOT- Step brother is borrowing it from one of his pee- smelling friend. He had it about 3 years. I like what i played.

> Pokemon Stadium- Not real critters cries. Just little chirps & squeeks.

> Zelda MM_ Played it round a mates house, like what i played again.

> CBFD- I WANNA PLAY THIS GAME!

> Mario 64- A damn great 3d platformer.

> Mario Kart 64- Bowsers castle is the best track.

> Turok 2- N/played

> Top Gear Rally- Gotta get used to those controlles

> TWINE- Step bro has it. I like it, but no ways a good as goldeneye.

> Jet Force Gemini- Played round a friend house. Not too bad.

> Banjo Kazooie- Along with Mario,a fine game

> Banjo Tooie- Same as above

> Donkey Kong 64- Same again

> Castlevania- N/played

> Carmageddon- N/played
> Duke Nukem Zero Hour- N/ played

> Diddy Kong Racing- N/ played

> Forsaken- N/ played

:D JC
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:19
Regular
"May Contain Nuts"
Perfect Dark - Own it, great game. One of the best if not the best multiplayers around. A classic in the making would make a good film if done right. (I know they are making a film but weather it will be good is till to be seen)
Goldeneye - Did own, unlike Perfect Dark the film came before the making of the game. Follows the film very closely. Revolutionised the cheat system on many games, as well as the gameplay of many FPS.
Zelda OOT - Own it, found it a bit easy to complete at times compaired to many of the previous Zelda's. But also ground braking in its genre. Much better than majora's mask, I think the reason being was unlike majora's mask it was more focused as a game. Majora's mask had too many sub-games (collecting the masks) that didnt make it feel like one big game.
Pokemon Stadium - Cant get hold of around here. Played it, yes I have the pokemon games even though I am 18. I actually dont think that the GB games themselfs are too bad I enjoy them for a while, but cant play them for hours on end as the get monotonous. The stadium is ok, but not great as it is very limited. If your playing against someone elses creatures as well it can be a bit unfair if they arent to the same standard.
Zelda MM - Own it, (see Zelda OOT above) but also alot of finding the masks on this game was down to luck as you had to be in the right place at the right itme without any clues for ages.
CBFD - Own it, great game. Rare just show you that you can have an adult cartoony character. Damn stuck in the night club at mo can do it on other carts, but not mine :( Great use of language and intertextuality in this game. The end boos is good, but a bit easy once you know how to do it.
Mario 64 - Own it, The first true 3D game great at its release and still is now. Can still hold its own against other platformers. Yet another ground braking game from Nintendo side of the fence.
Mario Kart 64 - Own it, some good hidden secrets in this that some people still seem not to know, such as high speed with certain characters. Its a good game, but personaly I dont think it is as good as the SNES version. I dont know why I think this, but this is one of the most played multiplayer games along with Perfect Dark.
Turok 2 - Own it, good game took me ages to 100% complete it. Every time I sat down to play this one I would find my dad sat next to me, as he would love to watch me play this title for some reason. But afterwards he would walk around saying 'I am Turok' Some control features could be a little tweaked to bring them in line with Perfect Darks handling at times.
Top Gear Rally - Mate has it, I dont really like this game too much myself. But I never did take to realistic games unless they were something special. didnt like the handling too much but, still a great game.
TWINE - Owned, Another spin off trying to win off the success of Rares Goldeneye. Not done as well. Chunky, nice but not quite right. Found it a bit easy, but had a nice mix of stealth as well as shoot.
Jet Force Gemini - Own, I like this game but there are one or two things I dont like about it. Such as the level layouts. Hope they bring this out on GC with a few things slightly improved. Was taken a bit lightly by the public, didnt have the warming it deserved.
Banjo Kazooie - Own it, another good game by Rare. Finally a platformer that is competing for marios crown. Orginal, what else would we expect from Rare. I really enjoyed this game, but got fed up after playing it 3 times, and found it a bit easy.
Banjo Tooie - Own, The dueo is back again great move Rare. Much bigger than before and more challenging and twists. This game is more of what we want (of course not identical)
Donkey Kong 64 - Own, Rare just have this gaming thing down to a T now! Not the best game that they have made, but still up there amoung the best. Again started to get a bit monotonus.
Castlevania - Borrowed, decided they can keep it. Dark entertaining, but completed it very quickly. Can hardly remember it now though. Could be a very good game if one or two things were sorted out.
Carmageddon - Ha crap game dont need to say any more!
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - Never really got into this one, specially after playing Duke Nukem on the PC. It didnt have what the other FPS had best leave it alone so not to anoy myself.
Diddy Kong Racing - Mate has, got bored of this after a while, found it easy again. But its an intresting twist that I like on the racing/karting genre. Wouldnt mind a new version on the GC.
Forsaken - Own, Hard game, mainly because you can get disorinated easy cos u can go up, doown, lfet, right and nearly every other way. Its hard to see other players as well. Not as good as game as could be. Would expect better from Acclaim myself.
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Sibs wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Mario Kart 64
> Good, but I found this one crashed alot (the game not the karts!!!)
> maybe it was just my cartridge :-)
>
>
> My MK64 also crashed, but only VERY occasionally... also sometimes
> it'd go HYPER and play about twice as fast as normal!
>
> That ever happen with you?

yep. it happend twicewith my cartidge, but mostly the game ran ok. maybe ninty made a faulty batch...
Mon 29/04/02 at 20:05
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Perfect Dark - Great game but dunno why people say it's so much better than Goldeneye.
Goldeneye - The best FPS on a Nintendo console (unless a good one is suddenly released on GC)
Zelda OOT - Fantastic. Even my Dad likes it.
Pokemon Stadium - Matches are boring but Mini-games are fun.
Zelda MM - Not as good as OOT but still good. And my Dad still likes it.
CBFD - Funny, and, er, dun. Bit of an annoying Camera at times, though
Mario 64 - Good, but I found it got boring sometimes.
Mario Kart 64 - Fantastic shtuff. This time its my sister who likes it.
Turok 2 - Too hard.
Top Gear Rally - Haven't played it, don't wanna play it.
TWINE - Haven't played it, wanna play it.
Jet Force Gemini - Haven't played it, don't care if I play it or not
Banjo Kazooie - Cool, but I never got round to completing it.
Banjo Tooie - See TWINE and multiply the wanna's description by 20
Donkey Kong 64 - Great, but not as fun as Banjo
Castlevania - Haven't played it, don't wanna play it. Again/
Carmageddon - All I've heard is bad things
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - Never played.
Diddy Kong Racing - A good racer, but not quite as good as Mario Kart.
Forsaken - You what?
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
With a difference..
I thought it would be good, you could like say one bad thing about each person.

But then again with the reputation these forums have got for arguemements, that might start WW3
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Perfect Dark - Brilliant FPS, but i'm sick of the Solo Missions. Multiplayer rocks though!
Goldeneye - Same as my Perfect Dark comments really.
Zelda OOT - Brilliant!! I haven't completed it yet. A must for RPG fans!
Pokemon Stadium - I hate Pokémon, and haven't played this game! :P
Zelda Majora's Mask - Follow up to OoT. Not quite as good, but still a great RPG.
Conker's BFD - Apparently isn't that long, but i'm finding it tricky. Great game, brilliant for multiplayers!
Mario 64 - Best platformer i've played - to date.
Mario Kart 64 - Greatest multiplayer racer EVER!! Untill GC version anyway.
Turok 2 - Haven't played any Turok game, yet.
Top Gear Rally - Meh...
TWINE - Not played it, but i've heard it's no GoldenEye.
Jet Force Gemini - Meh...
Banjo Kazooie - Should be getting it soon for Ł7. :D
Banjo Tooie - Get that after i've got the first one.
Donkey Kong 64 - Still want this game! The SNES ones were brilliant!
Castlevania - Meh... wasn't all tha great on the NES.
Carmageddon - Worst game EVER!! (apparently)
Duke Nukem Zero Hour - Not played it, like the original PC game.
Diddy Kong Racing - My mate loves it, but it's no Mario Kart!
Forsaken - Haven't and don't intend to play it.

There you go. Maybe i'll add some more games in another post?
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
Twain, check out the final cast list...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.