GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sontensoft. The forming of 3 companies."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 19:22
Regular
I bet you are asking yourself "What the heck is Sontensoft." Well I have taken a while trying to think up an original idea for a topic that is fun to read and was fun to write and I think I've finally done it. Well here it goes and if it sucks go easy alright.

Why have three separate companies competing against each other in the what is called the big gaming war, when you could have one huge friendly company. I know it sounds a little wierd and odd but when you think about it, it could make a huge difference. That's how I then came up with Sontensoft. A little of Sony plus a cup full of Nintendo and then finally a dash of Microsoft and there you have it. Sontensoft. The greatest company in the world. Well not yet anyway. But I know you're thinking "this guy is crazy. Why form them together? It's pointless." but I believe that if you take all the qualities of these three then you would have a huge winner.

If the customers are presumed the biggest priority then why not ask us what we want? I would predict that there would be a lot of people asking for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to form into one. I would definately want this. Would you?

Lets think about it like this. Sony (what a great company) have created the PS1 and the PS2. This just shows how great they are on their own. Now Microsoft have come into the picture and with the graphics that the X Box supplies you can tell this console will have a bright future. And last but not least is Nintendo. They are the oldest of all three and the more experienced so we know we can trust them and it has payed off. They have supplied more than enough to keep us happy and I think are one of the greatest companies in the world. These three are the most popular and easily the coolest companies around at the moment. And alone these three do fine and have created some of the worlds most greatest creations. But if you combine them together think of the possibilities... I'll give you a minute to think of them......... Times up.

Now in terms of the console I think that with Sony's PS2, Microsoft's X Box and Nintendo's Gamecube you would believe that there is nohing wrong with this at all. Well there isn't anything wrong at all, but what if you combine all the ideas from them and create the most up to date console ever! You could have the smallness of the Gamecube combined with the capabilities of the X Box and not forgetting the cool moving lid that holds the CDs from the PS2. The ideas are endeless and with geniuses like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft behind all this you know that the idea will be perfect.

This also applie with the controls and other items like memory cards. Nintendo have created the best control I've ever held and with the talent of Sony and Microsoft handling a control will then feel like you're holding nothing at all. Memory cards can be improved and so can steering wheels, arcade sticks and so much more.

Nintendo have the famous plumbers Mario and Luigi plus Pikachu, Toad, Zelda and basically I could go on for ages but I won't. Sony have Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid 2 and more. Microsoft have Halo and others which I am not certain of. But some of you may have noticed that Sonic and Joanna Dark aren't in there but I will include them too as Rare and other smaller companies produce unmissable games too. Now mix these all together with a hint of lemon and a pinch of salt (no only joking)and you will get the greatest line up of games ever! Like Super Smash Brothers but ten, no twenty times better. But you can do this now can't you?All you have to do is buy different consoles and buy the games. True, but this is expensive and dumb. Why fork out money for three consoles when you buy one and get all the games you'll ever need. It will pay off. One console. All the games and characters that rule.

Now after all of this I hope you can understand what I'm getting at. So much can be improved from what we now think is already perfect if you just trust each other and help each other. Mario and Sonic are already on the same console so why not form all the companies together. I think everyone would really enjoy the future games and other new surprises on the way. So all this, I think is like one simple equation.

Nintendo+Sony+Microsoft= Greatest thing ever.

Thanks for reading
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:49
brad@specialreserve wrote:
> Economically it's flawed.
>
> One company would mean a monopoly. In a monopoly market the company is
> free to charge what it wants and has no incentive to produce a quality
> product.
>
> Hence why MS Windows is so expensive and buggy.

yeah can you imagine it - everytime a new game would come up they would charge upwards of £80 for it ... hmmm sounds like windows...
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:46
Regular
"I Control All Pikmi"
The companies would bring more than that. They are all talented and produce great things.
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:43
"Darkness, always"
OK, let's see what these three companies would bring to eachother

Microsoft: tendancy to release products that cause consumers to rely heavilly on post purchase support. And also enjoy overpricing.

Nintendo: another lover of over-pricing, but certainly more family oriented

Sony: tendancy to release products (albeit quality products) late, and in insufficient supply.

so, together we have a doubly overpriced product, that despite being costly, and almost impossible to get hold of, appeals greatly to parents of younger children, who have to order their purchase well ahead of time, in the full knowledge of its buggy V0.9 state of completion, knowing full well that they are getting ripped off, and that the post product support will be a joke.

I can see that working...
Mon 29/04/02 at 14:35
Economically it's flawed.

One company would mean a monopoly. In a monopoly market the company is free to charge what it wants and has no incentive to produce a quality product.

Hence why MS Windows is so expensive and buggy.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:22
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I bet you are asking yourself "What the heck is Sontensoft." Well I have taken a while trying to think up an original idea for a topic that is fun to read and was fun to write and I think I've finally done it. Well here it goes and if it sucks go easy alright.

Why have three separate companies competing against each other in the what is called the big gaming war, when you could have one huge friendly company. I know it sounds a little wierd and odd but when you think about it, it could make a huge difference. That's how I then came up with Sontensoft. A little of Sony plus a cup full of Nintendo and then finally a dash of Microsoft and there you have it. Sontensoft. The greatest company in the world. Well not yet anyway. But I know you're thinking "this guy is crazy. Why form them together? It's pointless." but I believe that if you take all the qualities of these three then you would have a huge winner.

If the customers are presumed the biggest priority then why not ask us what we want? I would predict that there would be a lot of people asking for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft to form into one. I would definately want this. Would you?

Lets think about it like this. Sony (what a great company) have created the PS1 and the PS2. This just shows how great they are on their own. Now Microsoft have come into the picture and with the graphics that the X Box supplies you can tell this console will have a bright future. And last but not least is Nintendo. They are the oldest of all three and the more experienced so we know we can trust them and it has payed off. They have supplied more than enough to keep us happy and I think are one of the greatest companies in the world. These three are the most popular and easily the coolest companies around at the moment. And alone these three do fine and have created some of the worlds most greatest creations. But if you combine them together think of the possibilities... I'll give you a minute to think of them......... Times up.

Now in terms of the console I think that with Sony's PS2, Microsoft's X Box and Nintendo's Gamecube you would believe that there is nohing wrong with this at all. Well there isn't anything wrong at all, but what if you combine all the ideas from them and create the most up to date console ever! You could have the smallness of the Gamecube combined with the capabilities of the X Box and not forgetting the cool moving lid that holds the CDs from the PS2. The ideas are endeless and with geniuses like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft behind all this you know that the idea will be perfect.

This also applie with the controls and other items like memory cards. Nintendo have created the best control I've ever held and with the talent of Sony and Microsoft handling a control will then feel like you're holding nothing at all. Memory cards can be improved and so can steering wheels, arcade sticks and so much more.

Nintendo have the famous plumbers Mario and Luigi plus Pikachu, Toad, Zelda and basically I could go on for ages but I won't. Sony have Crash Bandicoot, Metal Gear Solid 2 and more. Microsoft have Halo and others which I am not certain of. But some of you may have noticed that Sonic and Joanna Dark aren't in there but I will include them too as Rare and other smaller companies produce unmissable games too. Now mix these all together with a hint of lemon and a pinch of salt (no only joking)and you will get the greatest line up of games ever! Like Super Smash Brothers but ten, no twenty times better. But you can do this now can't you?All you have to do is buy different consoles and buy the games. True, but this is expensive and dumb. Why fork out money for three consoles when you buy one and get all the games you'll ever need. It will pay off. One console. All the games and characters that rule.

Now after all of this I hope you can understand what I'm getting at. So much can be improved from what we now think is already perfect if you just trust each other and help each other. Mario and Sonic are already on the same console so why not form all the companies together. I think everyone would really enjoy the future games and other new surprises on the way. So all this, I think is like one simple equation.

Nintendo+Sony+Microsoft= Greatest thing ever.

Thanks for reading

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.