GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For those experienced in life!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 14:34
Regular
This is for those slightly older people in the forums, not to say that the young ones in here won't be able to comment, I just do expect you to have much experience here!

What I'm talking about is love. Am I in love? I don't think so. Quoting the Matrix "No-one can tell you that you are in love, you just are!" So by that definition, no I am not in love. BUT all other evidence points the other way.

The girl in question is my closest friend. She is the only person I feel I can ever talk to about somethings, and things that would be really difficult to talk to other people about seem so much easier when I talk to her.

When I'm not with her I think about her most of the time, (not all the time, that would be scary, obsessive, and just not practical!) When I'm on campus I'm always on the lookout in case I bump into her.

I'm not an obsessive, and I have tried to tell myself that it is just really good friendship SOOO many times, but I always end up back in the same position. Now I'm kicking myself because she has a boyfriend, who I haven't really met, but I'm happy for her because she's happy, but at the same time I'm slightly jealous. But surely this is just a normal reaction from a person who doesn't get see their friend as much anymore.

I have no idea what is going on in my head. FAR too confusing! Plus I have s&^t loads of work on at the moment, so not really anytime to spend trying to sort it out.

So what I want to know is....how many of you lot are in love? I mean REAL love, like you've never felt before. I still don't believe that I'm in love, but what do you think? Am I just fooling myself?

A slightly confused GL!
Sun 28/04/02 at 23:24
There a girl in my class that i have strong feelings for but i dont know if im in love or not
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:40
Nah mate, I know just where you're coming from. It happens to me every now and again, there'll be a girl I'm just crazy for, and nothing happens for a variety of reasons. Girls have their 'types'; if you ain't it, you got no chance. If you can say that nothing will come of it, or cannot come of it, then I guess you'll just have to get over it, otherwise you'll look stupid everytime you see her. But if there is something, and you can sense it- here's where you have to be subtle to read the signs- then you owe it to yourself to do something. That, or turn gay.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:16
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Ahhhhh...
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:14
Regular
Love is bizzare. If I knew what it was, maybe I could comment.

It's so easy to be blinded by the first person that shows you a little attention... you stroke anyone's ego and they'll become confused. :0)

So it's hard to tell... I suppose it's how well you can communicate, what you have in common... amongst other things. :0)
Sun 28/04/02 at 17:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think the word 'love' is over used in the English language. People say they are in love but they aren't. But there isn't really a word to describe the middle ground.

No, I'm not in love but I have 'feelings' toward a friend. I don't believe love at first sight is possible because to fall in love requires you to know the person, really understand them. Love at first sight is lust, pure and simple.

I would say that you are close friends and wouldn't mind pursuing a romantic relationship. Jealousy is a pointless emotion as it achieves nothing.
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:34
Regular
"I love Dave music"
This is for those slightly older people in the forums, not to say that the young ones in here won't be able to comment, I just do expect you to have much experience here!

What I'm talking about is love. Am I in love? I don't think so. Quoting the Matrix "No-one can tell you that you are in love, you just are!" So by that definition, no I am not in love. BUT all other evidence points the other way.

The girl in question is my closest friend. She is the only person I feel I can ever talk to about somethings, and things that would be really difficult to talk to other people about seem so much easier when I talk to her.

When I'm not with her I think about her most of the time, (not all the time, that would be scary, obsessive, and just not practical!) When I'm on campus I'm always on the lookout in case I bump into her.

I'm not an obsessive, and I have tried to tell myself that it is just really good friendship SOOO many times, but I always end up back in the same position. Now I'm kicking myself because she has a boyfriend, who I haven't really met, but I'm happy for her because she's happy, but at the same time I'm slightly jealous. But surely this is just a normal reaction from a person who doesn't get see their friend as much anymore.

I have no idea what is going on in my head. FAR too confusing! Plus I have s&^t loads of work on at the moment, so not really anytime to spend trying to sort it out.

So what I want to know is....how many of you lot are in love? I mean REAL love, like you've never felt before. I still don't believe that I'm in love, but what do you think? Am I just fooling myself?

A slightly confused GL!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.