GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MS Outlook help please"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 12:50
Regular
Ok, I don't use it but my Dad's becoming a little irate about the whole thing, he gets a lot of junk mail and with a few of them, when he tries to delete them the PC crashes, we can't ask MS for support because our version doesn't allow support, which sucks.
I know didly squat about email virus' and i'm pretty sure it's some form of that, any help would be much apreciated :) thanks for your time.
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Yup it worked, thankyou very much, my dad is not at peace with the computer.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
fanks you guys! i'll try it out as soon as it loads up, for some reason it doesn't want to run, heh.
if it is a date virus then i'm screwed, I put the date back a year so a bit of *cough*ware would work, bah! my own damn fault I guess.
My dad said hes tried blocking or unsubscribing to the e-mailers, I don't think he has as he gets a ridiculous amount of junk mail, i'll try those ideas out though, thanks once again.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:00
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Viral attacks from e-mail messages usually don't have any effect until a certain date has come, or a certain time has elapsed. This means you may still have time to get yourself some AV software to get rid of it. I have recieved several messages like this. Each one containing three viruses:

JS Exception Exploit
JS Seeker
JS Seeker B

These particular viruses cause no harm, except for taking up the memory reuqired to exist on your computer.

Outlook Express does have a "Block Sender" feature somewhere. When you select it, it will block the person who is sending you these messages and return the message to them, resulting in a lil' bit of revenge from your computer. Heh heh!
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:30
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I would suspect that you have got the preview window on. When you click a message it previews it underneath. This is great but when you don't wanna open an email becasue of a virus, just by selecting the email to delete it shows a preview and can soimetimes activate the virus.

Try going into the options and turning off the preview window, that might help...
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:50
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Ok, I don't use it but my Dad's becoming a little irate about the whole thing, he gets a lot of junk mail and with a few of them, when he tries to delete them the PC crashes, we can't ask MS for support because our version doesn't allow support, which sucks.
I know didly squat about email virus' and i'm pretty sure it's some form of that, any help would be much apreciated :) thanks for your time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.