GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Diary"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 21:24
Regular
This has been floating around in my mind for a while now. The best posts on here, in my opinion, are the ones to do with our 'real' lives. A diary would be like loads of those posts together.

Or something.

Anyway, no harm in trying.

---

Woke up about seven, as I always do. Stayed in bed for about an hour, making a quick journey all the way across the room to turn my CD player on. Fortunatly, Red Hot Chilli Peppers was in there, so I didn't have to change CD.

Went downstairs, and then to the libery. This is quite a rare occurence - that I am actually able to move about at 9 o clock on a Saturday morning is strange enough, but going to choose books is Eraserman bizzare.

Took out 'Turning Thirty' my Marcus Gayle, and 'Brave New World' by Alodus Huxley (I think). The former is a blokey Bridget Jones, my light reading for the week, and the latter is a 1984 style sci-fi. Got bored of TT within the first few chapters, and reached chapter three of BNW, enjoying it immensely.

Tried to revise Geography for a while, but got distracted by Dave on MSN. Dave, despite the nickname, is actually a girl named Kate. I went out with her for a month about a year ago. We remain friends - she's the kind of person that you can have 2 hour long MSN convos with. Funny, capable of of both monkey orientated convos and speculation on the meaning of life. Bit of a 'nice' girl though.

She rocks.

Anyway, I had to go to work at 14.00 (Earth time). Work is a part time job at an OAP home, where I have been awarded the title of 'Junior Domestic'.

Or 'washer up boy that does all the stuff adults don't want to do'. It's £3.75 an hour, which isn't too bad. I quite enjoy it - better than sitting at home vegetating in front of the TV.

The residents can actually be quite funny - I know it sounds bad, laughing at disabled people, but you can't help it a lot of the time. Today, one of them complained that her ice cream was cold.

5 hours later I get home, and get on the internet to download the Rival Schools album and post on here.

Fun fun fun.
Mon 29/04/02 at 21:44
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
This was today.

Alarm worked. Yay. Wasn't meant to turn it on. Woops. Got to school and started shooting myself with an imaginary gun, for some reason. Friend called Aaron said he's having a party as usual on a Friday, I thought it was the usual, but instead he's inviting 12 people. But he told other friend of mine, Jonny to invite 6 people.

6 blimmin' people!

He's not even particuarly good friends with Jonny! And Jonny's the biggest gossip in the year! Well, he'll tell everyone in his class, at least. I'll do a "I told you so" to Aaron at his house on Friday.

Double Chemistry - Usual "Only 5 weeks to your exams, so make sure you revise!" stuff.

Geography was fun, we did eff all.

English, see above.

Double Maths, see above.

French + Double Art - Not bad

Played some cricket (well, the only similarity to cricket is batting) in the playground for first time in years. Caught a few of people out, including people I hate, yay!

Josh, best friend, wasn't at school today. Faker. He bought a couple o Dvds, snatch, and for some odd reason, Dude where's my car. Must borrow to see extras. But for some reason, the twit gave back the Gladiator, Charlie's Angels, and Crouching Tiger dvds without lending them to me! I unleashed my verbal wrath before being hung up on. I phoned him back and we discussed stuff.

Got new Total Film mag today. Expected Attack of the clones review, but was let down.

Going to Milan for Bank Holiday weekend. My Dad goes there every year, for work, at the same time as my Mum's birthday. She wants to be with the whole family this timne round, so we're all going. Yay!

Wait.

Just realised I have to go home, change, go on train straight after school on Friday. THis means I can't go to Aaron's, and I'll have to wait till Tuesday for GC. Damn.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:18
Regular
Why do you lot all get up so early?

Woke up at about half 10 (this is yesterday by the way), laid in bed for an hour just listening to music. Got up, went to Safway to buy some stuff. Went swimming about 12ish, got back about half 1, only managed 32 lengths, not sure why - just couldn't do it. Had a chat with one of the lifeguards there, she's quite fit but everyones to bloody young!

Had to go to Egham to get a copy of my receipt fro, SR there for my Xbox. Walk to the train station (about half an hour), buy a return to Egham. Train to Weybridge (about 4 mins).

Get to Weybridge. The line from Weybridge to Wherever It Ends Up (via Egham) is closed for eginerring works. Great, why couldn't the bloke tell me that when I bought my ticket?

There's a bus running instead. But busses are crap. Umm-ing and Ah-ing about whether to get the bus or not. Phone rings. A mate, Charlotte. She's really nice and we get on so well, but she's about 4 years younger than me (despite the fact she acts older than me most of the time), so nothing's going to happen.

Her plans have changed, wants to know if I'm doing anything tonight? No, I'm not. I suggest going to the cinema, she says yeah and tells me to pop in and see her at work.

I think "Sod Egham, I'll go next week" and get the next train back to Walton. See what's on at the cinema (only Bend It Like Bechkham and that new Hugh Grant film - Bend It... it is then).

See Charlotte at work, get the evening sorted, phone a couple of mates. Go buy a pair of trousers and a CD. Go home. Watch the Qualifying for the GP that I recorded 'cos I was at swimming when it was on. Nip online, try to get my band sorted in that RockStar game.

Can't get over about 6,000 to a gig in the UK, despite the fact I have a rating of 33 and I only charge 3squid to get in. Get my rating up to 32 in the US after about 4 gigs. Weird. Release single.

Have shower, have dinner, go to pub to meet mates. Have a few beers and a few games of pool. I suck. Been too long since I last played. Go to see film, enjoy it. Go home, go to bed.

So there you go.

I'll do todays, tonight.
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:51
Regular
True, very true... but I'm not really that sure what I would have gotten out of it...

(Then you're as dull as you are blind.)

Shut up.
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Sounds to me like you shouldn't have said anything to her about the numbers. You might have pulled that way :)

"The clever man knows what to say, whe wise man knows whether or not to say it."

But that's just my view... :D
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:27
Regular
Went to Haverfordwest in the morning, bought card for my parent's silver wedding anniversary, and a present for my friend, who's eighteen. [Hong Kong Phooey video.]

Came home, came online, and soon after, so did Katie. We just can't stop talking at all... she's the most amazing person I've ever met in my life.

Six, leave for my friend's 18th. Don't bother bringing present, I'll bring it in Monday. Have Chicken Curry, chips, few pints, head out to Tenby. Spend an hour or two in pubs, then head to Dj/Hooter's, nightclub.

Hate nightclubs, as I've probably mentioned. Just going so we're all there... but I've promised myself to stay sober, don't want to do anything stupid.

So I sit at a table for just about the whole night.

"Hey... Darrreeeennnn." My friend comes over, he's been drinking and trying to pull all night, bless 'im. He's a great friend though, I could trust him with my life. He tells me that another of my friend's has pulled, this cute girl.

Excellent. We're all under a lot of stress, all really depressed at the moment... people need a bit of happiness really.

So I just sit down, just about completely sober. I look up, and this cute girl is walking towards me and smiling. Not supermodelish looks... my sort of size, cute, lovely hair.

"Hi."

"Hi there."

"Is it alright if I have your phone number?"

She gets out a pen, I feel a bit confused. So I get out my phone, write the number on her arm.

"And what's your name?"

I write that too.

"Thanks." She says, and smiles. She walks off, and goes dancing again.

Not long later, my friend comes back. I tell him what happened, and naturally, he celebrates. I tell him what she looks like, and suddenly his face drops.

"White collar?" He asks... "Sorry man... but that's the one who just pulled..." my friend. He points her out as well, just in case.

She's collecting phone numbers... must be some sort of bet with her friends or something. Swine.

I get my other friend, the one she pulled. He had to give his phone number to her too.

"I'm sorry to tell you this man, but she's kinda duped us. She's just collecting phone numbers."

"Ugh? What?"

"She's just collecting phone numbers."

"Oh. Right." And he just stands there for a few minutes.

Not long later, the girl returns.

"You going to sit there all night?" She asks.

"Yeah. I'm staying sober." I tell her.

She tells me to get up, and I follow her to the bar. She buys me a drink. I say thanks.

So I move closer and whisper into her ear. "How many phonenumbers do you need tonight, then?"

She blushes and laughs... she tells me that she washed off my number, says sorry, and then quickly exits.

I dunno. I feel sorry for all the poor gits that are waiting this morning patiently for their phones to ring.

We leave at about half 2, dropped off in Main Street at about 3, about a mile and a bit walk home, up a hill too. It's nice walking in the dark... there was this sort of light rain... the stuff that doesn't hit you until you walk into it. And foxes running past me on the road. Whatever that was meant to signify, I haven't a clue. All I can think about is that I should have stayed home... but I suppose it was an interesting experience. :0)

Get home half past 3, finally get to bed at half four.

Moral of the story? Never trust the cute ones, as was pointed out to me. :0)
Sun 28/04/02 at 10:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Very....French.
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:07
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ant wrote:
> > You go to school on a saturday?? Really??

Morning, yeah.
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Woke up at 7:20, went to school (sodding hell). Did boring crap for
> most of the morning. Had a cool debate with my teacher in RE about the
> definition of good and evil and whether God frowns upon killing
> someone where you didn't have responsibility.

You go to school on a saturday?? Really??
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
Woke up at 7:20, went to school (sodding hell). Did boring crap for most of the morning. Had a cool debate with my teacher in RE about the definition of good and evil and whether God frowns upon killing someone where you didn't have responsibility.

Came home at 1:30 had bread and watched Scream for the nth time. Went upstairs put on Counting Crows - Across A Wire album and got on the 'Net. Posted a bit and went on MSN. No one there so I came off.

Went to room and played Streetfighter for a couple of hours, damn that's addictive.

Came back out and put pizza in the oven, came upstairs and posted here and MSN'd. Came back to pizza 3 hours later to find it a blackened mess. Whoops. Put anothe rpizza in the oven, came back on here and continued my 1 long convo with Gabbo about the Counting Crows. Took out pizza. Ate it while watching Bless The Child. Came back up swapped CD from Counting Crows VH1 storytellers to Counting Crows - MTV 10 Spot. Continued convo with Gabbo again. Wrote poem, posted poem. surfed the forums for ages finding sod all. Found this. Wrote this. Posted this. (Counting Crows still playing, back to VH1 Storytellers now though)
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:24
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
This has been floating around in my mind for a while now. The best posts on here, in my opinion, are the ones to do with our 'real' lives. A diary would be like loads of those posts together.

Or something.

Anyway, no harm in trying.

---

Woke up about seven, as I always do. Stayed in bed for about an hour, making a quick journey all the way across the room to turn my CD player on. Fortunatly, Red Hot Chilli Peppers was in there, so I didn't have to change CD.

Went downstairs, and then to the libery. This is quite a rare occurence - that I am actually able to move about at 9 o clock on a Saturday morning is strange enough, but going to choose books is Eraserman bizzare.

Took out 'Turning Thirty' my Marcus Gayle, and 'Brave New World' by Alodus Huxley (I think). The former is a blokey Bridget Jones, my light reading for the week, and the latter is a 1984 style sci-fi. Got bored of TT within the first few chapters, and reached chapter three of BNW, enjoying it immensely.

Tried to revise Geography for a while, but got distracted by Dave on MSN. Dave, despite the nickname, is actually a girl named Kate. I went out with her for a month about a year ago. We remain friends - she's the kind of person that you can have 2 hour long MSN convos with. Funny, capable of of both monkey orientated convos and speculation on the meaning of life. Bit of a 'nice' girl though.

She rocks.

Anyway, I had to go to work at 14.00 (Earth time). Work is a part time job at an OAP home, where I have been awarded the title of 'Junior Domestic'.

Or 'washer up boy that does all the stuff adults don't want to do'. It's £3.75 an hour, which isn't too bad. I quite enjoy it - better than sitting at home vegetating in front of the TV.

The residents can actually be quite funny - I know it sounds bad, laughing at disabled people, but you can't help it a lot of the time. Today, one of them complained that her ice cream was cold.

5 hours later I get home, and get on the internet to download the Rival Schools album and post on here.

Fun fun fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.