GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If this doesn't convince you to get Linux, nothing will:"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 01:54
Regular
http://io.mine.nu/turbonutter/ stuff/screenshot20020427014523.png

Instant tagline changes that allow more than 20 characters, and I even made a cool little icon. How cool is that?
Mon 29/04/02 at 19:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Initially about an hour. Since then the total time spent on it has been nearer 5 hours. It's nothing complicated, the scripting has taken up most of that time.
Mon 29/04/02 at 09:07
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Those options are reasonably cool I guess ;)
How longs it taken you to make that site? it's good.
Mon 29/04/02 at 00:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Fogmaster wrote:
> :D cool, Juddering on UT? probably from that rifle...
> Anyway, why did you make the icon for your tagline? it's actually damn
> clever + it looks good :) did you have to edit the scripting of the
> browser to put it in? if thats true then it seems like you'd be able
> to make your own browser! which would be pretty damn cool.

I made the icon so I could remember what that input box did :)

The box itself is easy - it's one of the options for Galeon (the browser), which really is the best browser in existence. Every day I find out something else really cool it can do!
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:42
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
*shakes head at people abusing the system with taglines longer than 20 characters*

:D
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:D cool, Juddering on UT? probably from that rifle...
Anyway, why did you make the icon for your tagline? it's actually damn clever + it looks good :) did you have to edit the scripting of the browser to put it in? if thats true then it seems like you'd be able to make your own browser! which would be pretty damn cool.
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:12
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I'm actually considering using Linux on my computer upstairs. Whilst I was having more of a battle with judderyness on UT, rather than the bots, I realised that the computer upstairs is not good enough to keep as a games machine, I have this one here to do that. So I've salvaged what I need and am preparing to format the computer. I was thinking of either using XP or 2K, but I might look into linux. It's a project I will probably undertake during my long summer holiday :D.
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
That's actually pretty cool, I think i'd only ever use Linux if I had a 'spare' PC doing nothing, it just means downloading more software and learning new stuff! still...would be nice to give it a go, Linux Software is free isn't it? I saw Red Hat advertised as: "you only pay for P+P" anything free sounds good to me.
Sun 28/04/02 at 15:54
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
monkey_man wrote: Looks like nothing will

lol, I'd have to agree, sorry Rob, but I doubt I'll ever try Linux ..... more work .. AARRRHHH, no thank you :o). I'll stick with my buggy windows and pay out money I don't have rather than learn Linux stuff, my poor brain ain't that big ya' know :o).

Still, nice attempt though :o)

(I think I've also noticed I've become addicted to smily's :o) ... )
Sun 28/04/02 at 15:39
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nooooooo!
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Looks like nothing will
:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.