GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the best console out is ......................."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 19:56
Regular
i think the best console out is the ps2
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:59
Pro Evo wrote:
> Well i dont know, maybe, does it matter? The person was a PS2 fan, he
> likes it, he gave his opinion, may have been a little opinion, but he
> gave it, and he gave it better than some. Why? he didnt attack any
> other console out there, he just said that he liked his PS2. Hes a
> fan, he likes his PS2.
>
CORRECT!

> Not a crime in that is there?

and CORRECT again..

but i still think it was a waste of time(and my time now)
and i still think he is a "fan boy"....ok..ok..maybe i'm being harsh let me change that to "fan"..hey but that's just my opinion.
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:48
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Well i dont know, maybe, does it matter? The person was a PS2 fan, he likes it, he gave his opinion, may have been a little opinion, but he gave it, and he gave it better than some. Why? he didnt attack any other console out there, he just said that he liked his PS2. Hes a fan, he likes his PS2.

Not a crime in that is there?
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:40
Pro Evo wrote:
> Its a Sony forum, most of us in here are PS2 owners, we are hardly
> likely to slate our own consoles are we?
>
CORRECT!

> Just like a ninty would not slate the GC.
>
CORRECT!

> Just like a...Microsoft person would not slate an X-box.
>
CORRECT!

> The Future of gaming is what we are seeing now, 3 top consoles all out
> competing to give us games that we like to play.

CORRECT!

so i have to come to the conclusion that this topic was a waste of time and the person who started it is nothing but a "fan boy"
CORRECT??
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:22
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its a Sony forum, most of us in here are PS2 owners, we are hardly likely to slate our own consoles are we?

Just like a ninty would not slate the GC.

Just like a...Microsoft person would not slate an X-box.

The Future of gaming is what we are seeing now, 3 top consoles all out competing to give us games that we like to play.
Fri 17/05/02 at 17:18
this is such a sony "fan boys"topic,forget the PREHISTORIC 2 and open your eyes to the future of gaming.................
Fri 17/05/02 at 13:47
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Improved graphics and one or two extra feature are normally what come standard with conversions, They don't actually add anything new to the game which is one thing I hate about conversions.

So what if the graphics are better and there are a few new weapons, cars, extra charecters to play, its still the same game with the same gameplay.

The x-box doesn't have any origanal franchises of its own yet, aside from halo, and because of this lack of origanality on the console, I will not be buying one. Instead I'm going for the GC.
Fri 17/05/02 at 11:55
Regular
"accidental superher"
cipro wrote:
> So how can the x-box be considered the best console when most of the
> games the system has are conversions? So what if they have better
> graphics, most of these converted games where designed on other
> systems and not for the x-box. Thats why I dislike the console, there
> is only Halo which appeals to me the rest I can pick up on my PC or
> PS2.

not true...it's true that some of the games are conversions but most of the "conversions" are just the games being released multiformat (that doesn't count as a conversion).
also the conversions are normally improved graphically with stuff added...
take genma onimusha, silent hill 2, burnout, crash bandicoot
also with gta3 i'm pretty sure they will improve it graphically like they have done with the pc
Fri 17/05/02 at 10:58
Regular
"cant think of one.."
Whats more, many games developers who are bringing their games out on Xbox aren't even changing the games at all (despite Xbox's superior spec, graphic abilities, etc...) because they don't see the point and it is not cost-effective.

This means that for many games such as FIFA 2002 World Cup, GTA3, etc the Xboxs extra power is wasted.

So you may as well all buy a PS2....
Fri 17/05/02 at 10:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
So how can the x-box be considered the best console when most of the games the system has are conversions? So what if they have better graphics, most of these converted games where designed on other systems and not for the x-box. Thats why I dislike the console, there is only Halo which appeals to me the rest I can pick up on my PC or PS2.
Thu 16/05/02 at 17:10
How can anyone say the ps2 is the "BEST" console out, it is a very capable console but both the GC and X-box beat it in graphics and audio and speed,of course it's all down to the games but any ps2 game could be converted to the x-box and improved although if the situation was reversed the ps2 version would have to be toned down.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.