GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something that happened in school the other day..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 19:02
Regular
In school assembly, the other day, the subject of conversation was "humour", so we were all rather surprised when our head of year started having a rant (groan!)...
He told us that we were a school of high expectations and high standards, that we were very good not just in academics, but also in sport, drama, music, dance, etc.....

What was the problem? To quote him preciesly "you treat it all like one big joke". So the solution? He is re-enforcing strict uniform regulations (for the third time this year)! He is doing this because many of us wear the incorrect school uniform or wear it incorrectly. It gets better. Here are a few examples from the list of requirements he gave us...

"Shoes are not have to have contrasting stitching" Firstly, what the hell is it? Secondly, does he expect us to buy new shoes because of it? Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, how is he going to check?

"Girls' skirts are not to be rolled up at the top, and must reach to the knee" Is he seriously going to enforce this rule as well? How does he intend to do it? Are all the girls meant to go out and buy new skirts?

"When on the way to or from school, coats must be longer than the blazer, in black or navy blue, not to be made of denim or swade and not to have any logos on." Yes... He probably intends on buying a network of satellites to make sure we follow this rule as well. I'll bet all the shops are going to run out of regulation coats quickly when everyone decides to follow this rule...

It was very important that the uniform problem be sorted out otherwise "we would end up without a uniform at all!" This is so important that he will give out instant detention to anyone breaking these rules.

This wasn't it... he also said that another problem was that we weren't sitting in proper form order during assembly! He demanded that in future we sit with year 10 on the left side of the room and 11 on the right, and that 10.1 and 11.1 sit at the front and 10.6 and 11.6 at the back.

... Well I for one am glad that he identified the cause of our massive problem and has proposed this solution to it, although i kinda wish he hadn't taken half an hour to get to the end of this rant. I mean, there were two other announcements made in the assembly, and they didn't even take one minute to get through!
Fri 26/04/02 at 19:02
In school assembly, the other day, the subject of conversation was "humour", so we were all rather surprised when our head of year started having a rant (groan!)...
He told us that we were a school of high expectations and high standards, that we were very good not just in academics, but also in sport, drama, music, dance, etc.....

What was the problem? To quote him preciesly "you treat it all like one big joke". So the solution? He is re-enforcing strict uniform regulations (for the third time this year)! He is doing this because many of us wear the incorrect school uniform or wear it incorrectly. It gets better. Here are a few examples from the list of requirements he gave us...

"Shoes are not have to have contrasting stitching" Firstly, what the hell is it? Secondly, does he expect us to buy new shoes because of it? Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, how is he going to check?

"Girls' skirts are not to be rolled up at the top, and must reach to the knee" Is he seriously going to enforce this rule as well? How does he intend to do it? Are all the girls meant to go out and buy new skirts?

"When on the way to or from school, coats must be longer than the blazer, in black or navy blue, not to be made of denim or swade and not to have any logos on." Yes... He probably intends on buying a network of satellites to make sure we follow this rule as well. I'll bet all the shops are going to run out of regulation coats quickly when everyone decides to follow this rule...

It was very important that the uniform problem be sorted out otherwise "we would end up without a uniform at all!" This is so important that he will give out instant detention to anyone breaking these rules.

This wasn't it... he also said that another problem was that we weren't sitting in proper form order during assembly! He demanded that in future we sit with year 10 on the left side of the room and 11 on the right, and that 10.1 and 11.1 sit at the front and 10.6 and 11.6 at the back.

... Well I for one am glad that he identified the cause of our massive problem and has proposed this solution to it, although i kinda wish he hadn't taken half an hour to get to the end of this rant. I mean, there were two other announcements made in the assembly, and they didn't even take one minute to get through!
Fri 26/04/02 at 19:52
Wow, your headteacher sounds like a bit of a 'rhymes with cat'. :-p
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, that's teachers for you!
They're all talk but they do nothing more about it! :)
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:34
Regular
"Bobba you"
Thats what my head teachers like we come to shcool to leard not for a fashion statement.
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:36
Regular
you have more than one head-teacher?
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:23
Regular
"Brrrrr."
what a w@nker!
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:42
If that wasn't enough, one of my m8s got put in detention cos he lost his top button on all his shirts, and we HAVE to have them done up, or the school will come tumbling to the ground around us... Possibly
Tue 14/05/02 at 20:57
In the girls' toilets in my school, there is a special prefects toilet!
How sad can you get?
Wed 15/05/02 at 19:03
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
We had a rule where by if you wore trainers or wasn't wearing a tie you were immediently sent home to change. This was done because everyone wore trainers and no tie and as you can imagine a hell of a lot of people ended up being sent home and half of them did it on purpose.

Their parents forced them to school only for them to be sent home.

Great.
Sun 19/05/02 at 12:04
It appears that 'how sad a headteacher can get' is unlimited.

When can I have a tagline?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.