GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst luck ever"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
Here is my prediction of what might happen to a few people or maybe just me for that matter, as I have the worst luck ever when it comes to anything. But anyway I'm on about the 3rd of May. Yes the day to remember. It is the day the gamecube is released. So here we go...

It is midnight and all of a sudden you wake up with a start. You know why and you know you can't help it. It is the 3rd of May. Huge massive gasp. The day is finally here. You've been waiting for well over a year and you've saved and saved and saved for it. Now you can buy it. But maybe not just yet as it is midnight and you're tired so get some rest. You have a big day ahead of you.

Now here we go again, it is 8:00 and you've woken up to a bright sunny day and with a bright smile on your face. You get up and get changed and hurry downstairs. But wait. It's a school day and your already late. Oh no! You hurry upstairs again and get rechanged into your school uniform. I'll have to wait till I get back. So you're at school and you talk to your friends who are also getting a gamecube and you just cannot shut up. It is 12:00. Lunch break. Anyway as usual you go through the day normally and so on till it is time to go home. Now this is where the day turns into your worst nightmare. Keep reading to find out what might happen to you.

Your mum and dad are at work and the only way to get home is by bus and you find out you only have 10 minutes to get to the bus stop which is a 20 minute journey away. Why is this? Because your stupid teacher keeps you behind on the one day that matters to you this year. You end up jogging at first then after a minute or so sprinting at full speed. Remember your carrying three heavy bags on your back as well as trying to get your bus fare together. But your luck is about to change as you can see the bus stop just ahead and you are one minute ahead of the bus. But! The bus is early and it turns up quicker than a usual day. You sprint but drop one of your bags. Oh man! You turn grab it and run back on course. You make the bus and the door closes. You knock repeatedly but the bus driver just happens to be the one you are rude to every day. He ignores you and drives on. Oh noooooooooo! This can't be happening.

Now you sit down and wait on a bench. Only one and a half hours till the next bus comes along. Not to long you say through gritted teeth. You go to look in the nearby shops to pass the time.

1 hour and 45 minutes later you are still standing at the bus stop waiting for the holy bus to pick you up. Suddenly a bus comes along and stops next to you. Thank God. You walk in and tell him your destination, but he tells you this is the wrong bus. He also tells you the bus you want is cancelled and another will come in an hour.

It is now about 5:00 and you try to ring up your parents but surprise surprise your parents aren't in. You sit and wait and wait some more till an hour later the bus arrives. Hurray! You get in, fall on the seat and cannot wait to get home.

You are now at home and you get changed, leave homework (not like I do it anyway) and watch television. Suddenly you get a call. Is it my dad calling to say he'll be here shortly. Well no. It is my mum calling to say she and my dad are looking at carpets. When will this end. They then tell you to go next door and ask for a lift from the most annoying person in the world. Okay now things are looking up. But wait where is the pre-order slip. It's in the house somewhere. You spend another half hour looking for it and eventually find it in yoy pocket. Duh! By now there is a knock on the door and your parents are there telling you to get in the car. You hurry in and they drive you to Toys 'r' Us. It is now about 10:00 and you run to the door and they are closed.

Wait there is someone coming. They let you in and say you are very lucky as he was about to leave. Anyway you go to the counter ask for your cube and wait whole he goes to get it. You then think thisday may have sucked but it was all worth it. He comes back empty handed and says four words that you will never forget. "Sorry They're all gone"

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 23/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Here is my prediction of what might happen to a few people or maybe just me for that matter, as I have the worst luck ever when it comes to anything. But anyway I'm on about the 3rd of May. Yes the day to remember. It is the day the gamecube is released. So here we go...

It is midnight and all of a sudden you wake up with a start. You know why and you know you can't help it. It is the 3rd of May. Huge massive gasp. The day is finally here. You've been waiting for well over a year and you've saved and saved and saved for it. Now you can buy it. But maybe not just yet as it is midnight and you're tired so get some rest. You have a big day ahead of you.

Now here we go again, it is 8:00 and you've woken up to a bright sunny day and with a bright smile on your face. You get up and get changed and hurry downstairs. But wait. It's a school day and your already late. Oh no! You hurry upstairs again and get rechanged into your school uniform. I'll have to wait till I get back. So you're at school and you talk to your friends who are also getting a gamecube and you just cannot shut up. It is 12:00. Lunch break. Anyway as usual you go through the day normally and so on till it is time to go home. Now this is where the day turns into your worst nightmare. Keep reading to find out what might happen to you.

Your mum and dad are at work and the only way to get home is by bus and you find out you only have 10 minutes to get to the bus stop which is a 20 minute journey away. Why is this? Because your stupid teacher keeps you behind on the one day that matters to you this year. You end up jogging at first then after a minute or so sprinting at full speed. Remember your carrying three heavy bags on your back as well as trying to get your bus fare together. But your luck is about to change as you can see the bus stop just ahead and you are one minute ahead of the bus. But! The bus is early and it turns up quicker than a usual day. You sprint but drop one of your bags. Oh man! You turn grab it and run back on course. You make the bus and the door closes. You knock repeatedly but the bus driver just happens to be the one you are rude to every day. He ignores you and drives on. Oh noooooooooo! This can't be happening.

Now you sit down and wait on a bench. Only one and a half hours till the next bus comes along. Not to long you say through gritted teeth. You go to look in the nearby shops to pass the time.

1 hour and 45 minutes later you are still standing at the bus stop waiting for the holy bus to pick you up. Suddenly a bus comes along and stops next to you. Thank God. You walk in and tell him your destination, but he tells you this is the wrong bus. He also tells you the bus you want is cancelled and another will come in an hour.

It is now about 5:00 and you try to ring up your parents but surprise surprise your parents aren't in. You sit and wait and wait some more till an hour later the bus arrives. Hurray! You get in, fall on the seat and cannot wait to get home.

You are now at home and you get changed, leave homework (not like I do it anyway) and watch television. Suddenly you get a call. Is it my dad calling to say he'll be here shortly. Well no. It is my mum calling to say she and my dad are looking at carpets. When will this end. They then tell you to go next door and ask for a lift from the most annoying person in the world. Okay now things are looking up. But wait where is the pre-order slip. It's in the house somewhere. You spend another half hour looking for it and eventually find it in yoy pocket. Duh! By now there is a knock on the door and your parents are there telling you to get in the car. You hurry in and they drive you to Toys 'r' Us. It is now about 10:00 and you run to the door and they are closed.

Wait there is someone coming. They let you in and say you are very lucky as he was about to leave. Anyway you go to the counter ask for your cube and wait whole he goes to get it. You then think thisday may have sucked but it was all worth it. He comes back empty handed and says four words that you will never forget. "Sorry They're all gone"

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.