GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBox + BT = Disaster"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/01/08 at 07:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you've caught the news, Microsoft have teamed up with BT to deliver broadband content via the 360.

Users have to sign up to a 1 year BT Broadband contract to watch it.

They can only stream recorded programs, can't watch live, and although I haven't seen mention of it BT offers only two packages, both of which require you to pay extra for the things you want to watch that you probably already get as part of your existing NTL/Sky/Freeview package.

Am I missing something or is this about as useful as Microsoft teaming up with Amazon (they haven't) to offer you next day delivery on all your games for £49 a year, which you can already get from Amazon?

Personally if they teamed up with Pizza Hut to allow you to order 12" Meat Feasts and Garlic Bread via the 360 I'd probably find that more useful.
Mon 14/01/08 at 21:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
We are getting vision as a free upgade... and the service is £2 less amonth than what we are paying for just the broadband!

Can't wait!
Mon 14/01/08 at 01:25
Regular
Surely a freeview TV card on PC plus Windows Media player does the same...if not more?
Sun 13/01/08 at 00:21
"possibly impossible"
Some of the programmes are exclusive to the BT Vision system, others aren't but wouldn't appear on Xbox Live anyway. You will be able to watch freeview with it as long as you have the BT Vision box (so it will only be useful if the box itself is in a different room).

I don't think it will encourage many people to join BT, but it might encourage more BT customers to get BT Vision. Of course, you also need a connection which is over 2Mbps, which I haven't got at present...

Sony, on the other hand, have developed a full freeview system for the PS3 which lets you use it as a freeview Hard Disc recorder and stream wirelessly to the PSP. This means that you can record a programme via the PS3 and watch it in another place via the PSP. Nice idea, just hope it works (and that it gets a sensible price). This is in addition to streaming Blu-ray movies from the PS3 to the PSP.
Sat 12/01/08 at 19:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I guess the attraction is not needing the BT vision box and being able to use the 360 instead? At least I think thats what the point of the service is.
Sat 12/01/08 at 07:13
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
If you've caught the news, Microsoft have teamed up with BT to deliver broadband content via the 360.

Users have to sign up to a 1 year BT Broadband contract to watch it.

They can only stream recorded programs, can't watch live, and although I haven't seen mention of it BT offers only two packages, both of which require you to pay extra for the things you want to watch that you probably already get as part of your existing NTL/Sky/Freeview package.

Am I missing something or is this about as useful as Microsoft teaming up with Amazon (they haven't) to offer you next day delivery on all your games for £49 a year, which you can already get from Amazon?

Personally if they teamed up with Pizza Hut to allow you to order 12" Meat Feasts and Garlic Bread via the 360 I'd probably find that more useful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.