GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your most dissapointing game of 2007"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/01/08 at 18:16
Regular
"8==="
For me it boiled down to these 4:

Two Worlds

So much potential thrown away by greedy investors pushing for an early release (and no doubt a little wary of the AAA line-up competing with the game if they waited any longer). Still what was there was good fun and easy to get to grips with within a few decades.

Assassin's Creed

A good game but extremely over-hyped considering the final product. Hitman in the crusades this is not. Although the sword fighting is great the stealth elements are dumbed down to such an extent that there's little point in not charging-in and getting things quickly and with a lot of noise.

Transformers: The Game

Should've been a great online mech-title with added speed from the vehicle elements. Instead we were offered a rather lazy free-roaming experience with little challenge or fun after about ten minutes play.

Lego Star Wars: TCS

A lazy approach to the new films that lacked any of the humour, originality or downright weirdness of the original title. It seems the original team passed development onto another team who didn't share the same level of enthusiasm for the licence.

And the "winner" is...

Two Worlds

This is purely due to the fact that this game could have been amazing had a little bit more time been spent on it. As it is it's a fun but extremely broken game but it could have been a hell of a lot more. Hopefully Reality Pump will get another shot at making a similar title but I hope for their sake they don't call it Two Worlds 2.

------------------------------

So what's your worst title/titles of 2007?
Thu 21/02/08 at 12:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I HATED TWO WORLDS!

Luckily I worked at GAME at the time of buying it so they let me return it after opening it.

It rivals Star Trek Legacy for worst game of all time.

And Vampire Rain was terible. And to think, sat on my gamercard now with a measly 0G next to it.
Mon 18/02/08 at 22:49
Regular
"eat toast!"
kane and lynch dead men was a real disappointment. I was expecting the game to rock. But somehow IO messed up badly.
Mon 18/02/08 at 20:18
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Not got a lot of time to expand but 2 games spring to mind:

Up in number one slot:

STALKER

Closely followed by:

HL2 Episode 2

Whatever...
Mon 18/02/08 at 17:06
Regular
I agree but for different reasons.

It's an awesome game but doesn't do much new - the vehicles don't add much, there aren't enough new weapons and the story is a bit weak. Saying that there hasn't been a good Unreal story yet.

But anyway, great but could have been so much better.

Alfonse wrote:
> The easyness is there to allow casual gamers to get in on the
> action aswell methinks.
>
> My biggest letdown: UT3
>
> Why? My computer is too suckish to run it.
Thu 10/01/08 at 19:13
Regular
"Captain to you."
I think for me it's got to be Quake Wars, my god, how did they go so wrong?

They took what could have been beautiful and great fun

Quake + Battlefield = fantabulous

but some how they got

Quake + Battlefield = mind numbingly average

There was just no real appealing feature of the game, i played the demo a fair bit in the hopes that i would like it more but it just feels a bit "consolé" if you get what i mean.
Thu 10/01/08 at 16:05
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Silky Dj wrote:
> Would have to agree with you on the transformers game

Bit of evidence to suggest films to games doesn't work too well either. Maybe it's the rush of getting the game out while the film is still fresh in everyone's minds that lets it down.
Thu 10/01/08 at 13:37
"keep a rockin'"
Would have to agree with you on the transformers game but i think pro street was a bigger let down for me !
Thu 10/01/08 at 09:30
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i also think skate has been a bit of a letdown for me. i mean what do you do in it?, erm... skate?
Wed 09/01/08 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Get Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2, excellent game.
Wed 09/01/08 at 10:38
Regular
"..."
Smackdown vs Raw 2008 (Wii Version).

I keep building myself up for wrestling games, only to keep being disappointed that nothing even comes close to No Mercy...

Surely it's not difficult to replicate the truly awesom season/storyline mode that made that particular game a nailed-on classic?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.