GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scene it? Lights, Camera, Action(Xbox360)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action'.
Mon 07/01/08 at 11:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The idea of Scene it? Lights, Camera, Action is simple – it's a movie based quiz game which is similar to the DVD quiz games of the same name but this time uses 4 game buzzers to allow 4 individual players to all play at once.

The story to the overall game is a bit naff – some movie producer wants to test your movie knowledge before giving you the job. So you'll end up with lots of praise for the players doing well and some dodgy insults to those who are lacking behind. At times it can be quite amusing but after a few plays through you'll be glad to get each round started.

The game itself is simple to play – each player uses a wireless buzzer to answer each question. The buzzer has one large buzz button and 4 coloured buttons for using in the multiple choice questions.
The questions themselves can be quite varied – the majority of them are multiple choice questions were more points are awarded to the player that answers the questions first. Each round of questions is divided up into sections, so you may see a clip on a movie then have to answer questions on that movie. Or it could show you scenes from a movie with the actors removed and you need to identify the film. All in all the questions are varied enough to make each round fun to play. There is also quite a large amount of questions to ask so it's likely to be quite a while before you find questions being repeated again.

In terms of movie knowledge the game tries to cater for people of all ages but I've found most questions to be based on movies between the 60's and 90's so if your young or don't watch many 'classic' films then you could struggle with this.

The game is split into 3 game modes – Short, long and party mode. Short and long are exactly as they sound and party mode just continuously asks you questions until you decide enough is enough and end it. Between each round bonus points are awarded and the scores are totalled then at the end you move onto the final cut – basically you watch a movie clip then answer questions based on it. This time however you'll get score multipliers for answering more questions correctly in a row.

For me the great thing about Buzz over standard DVD games is that it lets 4 players all take part at the same time and contains a great choice of round styles and questions to give the game some variety.
Also it's likely that more scene it games will be released on the 360 so I'd imagine once you have this one with the buzzers you'd be able to pick up any others without the game buzzers at a cheaper price.

Obviously games like this are ideal at the festive period and I myself found that my family have enjoyed a good few games of this over Christmas and New Year and I can see them playing it again and again (well at least until the questions start repeating). If you like your movies and want a challenge that is a good bit different than your usual game then give this a go – you'll need some people to play against but it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll have a good laugh playing it and face quite a few challenging movie based questions.

Scene it? Lights, Camera, Action is a great quiz based game that's going to provide entertainment for all the family. Many questions will be aimed towards serious movie buffs but even at that it's likely that everyone playing will recognise a good selection of the movies used and be able to answer the majority of the questions asked.
It's an entertaining multiplayer game, there are a few annoying parts mainly the narrator and the storyline but if you ignore that then you've got yourself one of the best quiz based games available on any console.

Well worth checking out.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 07/01/08 at 11:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The idea of Scene it? Lights, Camera, Action is simple – it's a movie based quiz game which is similar to the DVD quiz games of the same name but this time uses 4 game buzzers to allow 4 individual players to all play at once.

The story to the overall game is a bit naff – some movie producer wants to test your movie knowledge before giving you the job. So you'll end up with lots of praise for the players doing well and some dodgy insults to those who are lacking behind. At times it can be quite amusing but after a few plays through you'll be glad to get each round started.

The game itself is simple to play – each player uses a wireless buzzer to answer each question. The buzzer has one large buzz button and 4 coloured buttons for using in the multiple choice questions.
The questions themselves can be quite varied – the majority of them are multiple choice questions were more points are awarded to the player that answers the questions first. Each round of questions is divided up into sections, so you may see a clip on a movie then have to answer questions on that movie. Or it could show you scenes from a movie with the actors removed and you need to identify the film. All in all the questions are varied enough to make each round fun to play. There is also quite a large amount of questions to ask so it's likely to be quite a while before you find questions being repeated again.

In terms of movie knowledge the game tries to cater for people of all ages but I've found most questions to be based on movies between the 60's and 90's so if your young or don't watch many 'classic' films then you could struggle with this.

The game is split into 3 game modes – Short, long and party mode. Short and long are exactly as they sound and party mode just continuously asks you questions until you decide enough is enough and end it. Between each round bonus points are awarded and the scores are totalled then at the end you move onto the final cut – basically you watch a movie clip then answer questions based on it. This time however you'll get score multipliers for answering more questions correctly in a row.

For me the great thing about Buzz over standard DVD games is that it lets 4 players all take part at the same time and contains a great choice of round styles and questions to give the game some variety.
Also it's likely that more scene it games will be released on the 360 so I'd imagine once you have this one with the buzzers you'd be able to pick up any others without the game buzzers at a cheaper price.

Obviously games like this are ideal at the festive period and I myself found that my family have enjoyed a good few games of this over Christmas and New Year and I can see them playing it again and again (well at least until the questions start repeating). If you like your movies and want a challenge that is a good bit different than your usual game then give this a go – you'll need some people to play against but it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll have a good laugh playing it and face quite a few challenging movie based questions.

Scene it? Lights, Camera, Action is a great quiz based game that's going to provide entertainment for all the family. Many questions will be aimed towards serious movie buffs but even at that it's likely that everyone playing will recognise a good selection of the movies used and be able to answer the majority of the questions asked.
It's an entertaining multiplayer game, there are a few annoying parts mainly the narrator and the storyline but if you ignore that then you've got yourself one of the best quiz based games available on any console.

Well worth checking out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.