GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unbiased opinion of the GameCube (played one yesterday)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 11:50
Regular
I finally got to play one of these yesterday, itried to keep an open mind of it and i went up to one of them pod thingys and watched some 5 year old attempt to play luigi's mansion, i thought at once of *nintendo = kiddy's games" after seeing him play it but decided to get rid of that thought when i saw an even younger kid play jak and daxter on the PS2 next to him.

When i finally got my go i had a good go on Luigi's mansion but paused the game to look at the Cube and controller which i will get to after the games.

I only tried two games but they were both playable demos.

Luigi's mansion is a decent platformer, wont be as good as mario sunshine but anyways the graphics seen top notch and better then Jak & Daxters, the controls in the game took me a while to get into but they are fine.

Star wars rogue leader is also an amazing game, the demo seemed pretty short compared to the luigi's mansion one and even though the graphics are better then luigi's mansion but didnt like the game as much because i kept dying :D.

The console is small and doesnt really look like a lunch box and it looks like it would fit perfectly in my bedroom, the box screams out NEXT GEN to you instead of the boring black of the PS2 and the XBOX.

The control is comfortable and the first thing i thought of was "this looks like a PS2 Controller but with the funny bits at the bottom" it does look like a mangled PS2 controller in my opinion, you might think differently.

Well it werent meant to be this long but any ways just thought yuo would like to here my opinion of the Cube.

KR
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:17
Regular
I've got both of them controllers here. One in each hand.

The GC controller is very similar. Only major difference is the analogue and the d-pad in reversed positions.
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:10
Regular
nice to see different opinions
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:09
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I personally think the shape of the GC controller looks like the shape of the PS2 controller.
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:01
Regular
Personally the GC controller looks like the Virtual boy controller with analogue.
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Im getting one too, but im not turning my back on PS2. Anyone picked up a free gamecube video from Game yet?
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:47
Regular
the graphics on rogue leader are good, excellent in fact but not spectactular
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:43
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Saw my first Rogue Leader 2 video yesterday...

OH MY GOD. The graphics are awesome.
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:41
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> traitor

shut it, tart. :D
Sat 20/04/02 at 14:39
Regular
Only saw Gamecube in real life this week for the first time. Looks much better than in the pics I'm glad to say.

Its sooooo tiny :)

Hopefully it will look even better in Black.
Sat 20/04/02 at 11:56
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
All consoles are good to some degree, they have to be in order for the developer to make a profit. Yes, the GC does have some quality games on it, and, it's most likely that the demos you played only showed the best part of the games. That's how they convince you to buy there merchendise. I mean, if someone made me an offer, I'd certainly buy a SNES. It's primitve compared to the consoles of today, I know, but the games just kept bringing me back for more. Yes, they do on todays consoles, with 3D and all that, which they didn't have in my day, but I will always find the old, primitive classics more enjoyable than todays games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.