GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why pick on Bill?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/02 at 02:00
Regular
Why does everyone pick on Bill Gates, he has done heaps for the modern world, he founded Microsoft and gave people one of the best operating systems ever to be used freely. His company has created some great games like Midtown Madness, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't all have the easy PC gaming systems we have today.

So why does everyone appear to pick on him?

(Note: This isn't meant as an offence, particularly to people who think well of him, so please don't hate me!!!)

Ice Raider
Fri 19/04/02 at 02:00
Regular
"Suck it baby, yeah!"
Why does everyone pick on Bill Gates, he has done heaps for the modern world, he founded Microsoft and gave people one of the best operating systems ever to be used freely. His company has created some great games like Midtown Madness, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't all have the easy PC gaming systems we have today.

So why does everyone appear to pick on him?

(Note: This isn't meant as an offence, particularly to people who think well of him, so please don't hate me!!!)

Ice Raider
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Why do people pick on Bill Gates? because of windows. How many times have you played a game only to be confronted with a 'This program has peformed an illegal operation' messege half way through. You then have to exit losing all progress you have just completed.

A few months ago this happened to me, but on a wider scale. My whole system locked up and I couldn't get onto windows. The only thing on the monitor was the facewall, no icons, no toolbar, nothing. The only way to fix this was to restart the whole computer, meaning a full reinstall of all software.

The reinstall worked but at the cost of all my sved games and work which had to be started again from scratch. Needless to say I was damn peed off that a years worth of work had to be destroyed just to get back to normal windows.

Thats given me enough reason to pick on BG and his bug ridden software.
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:11
"Mimmargh!"
cipro wrote:
> Why do people pick on Bill Gates? because of windows. How many times
> have you played a game only to be confronted with a 'This program has
> peformed an illegal operation' messege half way through. You then have
> to exit losing all progress you have just completed.
>
> A few months ago this happened to me, but on a wider scale. My whole
> system locked up and I couldn't get onto windows. The only thing on
> the monitor was the facewall, no icons, no toolbar, nothing. The only
> way to fix this was to restart the whole computer, meaning a full
> reinstall of all software.
>
> The reinstall worked but at the cost of all my sved games and work
> which had to be started again from scratch. Needless to say I was damn
> peed off that a years worth of work had to be destroyed just to get
> back to normal windows.
>
> Thats given me enough reason to pick on BG and his bug ridden
> software.

Windows XP is appauling, and why does he have to try and pick on the consoles by creating x-box. I mean come on, you can only make so much money before is becomes a meaningless quest for power and dominance.
Sat 20/04/02 at 20:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Thats probably what put me off buying an X-Box. Aside from the price, the oversize of the console and controller and lack of games. I wonder if anyones x-box has crashed yet.
Sun 21/04/02 at 11:06
"Mimmargh!"
I locked up on me when I was playing it in HMV. Seriously.
Sun 21/04/02 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It did!!
Christ I don't know how bill expects to break the console market with faulty software. Although I suppose thats the trademark of Microsoft ;)
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:42
I wonder it it also interupts your gaming with an annoying "your xbox needs upgrading, do u wish to continue?" message...
Sun 21/04/02 at 17:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
And those constant bloody direct X upgrades. There a pain in the a**e.
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:35
"Mimmargh!"
cipro wrote:
> And those constant bloody direct X upgrades. There a pain in the a**e.

It's funny because it's true!
Tue 23/04/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Ice Raider wrote:
>Why does everyone pick on Bill Gates, he has done heaps for the modern
world, he founded Microsoft and gave people one of the best operating
systems ever to be used freely.

Ok now I've not posted anything on here for a while but I've just found this statement and I'm going to have to comment on it.

PLEASE TELL ME AT WHAT POINT IS AN MS OPERATING SYSTEM FREE?

Yeah I have to shout that, because you obviously know diddly squat about free software. Microsoft Operating Systems are not free (you're obviously all using pirated copies and that includes upto XP).

I'm sure if you go and say that statement to Uncle Bill he'll choke on his coffee, they're software has never been free and never will, that's why so many people hate Microsoft and Bill Gates.

If you want a truly free operating system the go and download Linux and stop bleating on about how he gets picked on all the time! The sooner he releases the code to his O/S's the better.

In future check your statements properly before you make them!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.