GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Gaming Site, Need Opinions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
Ok using the wonderful SR servers and CGI/SSI etc I have built an Xbox dedicated site.

We are planning to work closely with SR so you can interchange to read reviews and buy games etc.

I've ordered a domain name (waiting for it to go through). So i just want to know what you think.

Its optimised for 1024x768x32 and higher.

temp address: http://www.gaming-attitude.com
Sun 12/05/02 at 20:31
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
:D ok, cheeky people stealing stuff...bah *tut tut*
Sun 12/05/02 at 15:52
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well some idiot is copying site contacts and making out its their own!

just a minor measure.

More will be implemented such as encoding!
Sat 11/05/02 at 17:10
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Just noticed you've disabled the right click function, well you can get passed that because you've added an alert, so if you hold down the right click and press enter, then let go of the mouse the option to view the source pops up, you could always go: view > source but i'm guessing your trying to keep poachers from your piccies? well it works the same way, don't know if that bothers you, but there are JS scripts that disable the right click without an alert, they're more useful :)
Sat 20/04/02 at 10:39
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Its all powered through YaBB.

You can get mods for the board to add features like our news posting feature.
Sat 20/04/02 at 09:11
Regular
"Brrrrr."
NIce work! How did you get the SR style forum news thingy?!
Fri 19/04/02 at 21:04
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Finally got the forum working so news is back up.

I've also address one of your suggestions......

Making the first page smaller, now news that is longer then a certain length is automatically put into a new page, and a read more link will appear.

:)
Fri 19/04/02 at 15:49
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Oh PS :)

Site domain is now open :

http://www.XboxRules.com
Fri 19/04/02 at 15:49
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
As requested ive done the rollover menu.

Enjoy, although the forum is being rewritten so dont expect news section up for a while :(

Dont you jsut love little teething problems :)
Fri 19/04/02 at 09:41
GlideM wrote:
> They arent buttons, just a clever layered table, with table within a
> table etc....

Thought so, I didn't look at your code but I could tell that was what you are doing. I'm positive there is a way to keep that style exactly like it is, but make the, check out http://uk.playstation.com/home/home01_generic.jhtml?locale=en_GB, for the kind of thing I'm thinking about... I'm sure with clever Javascript and CSS you can get a whole table cell to be a link... I'm just not sure exactly how.

Maybe a rollover would be easier!!!
Fri 19/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
GlideM wrote:
> Thanks for all your comments, the screenshots that are nabbed, which
> ones are you referring to?

don't read what I say, i'm an idiot. After a second look, it's obvious they're 'your own' :) sorry, did you make them yourselves?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.