GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Grow up"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 20:34
Regular
Before I start ranting:

Yes, I'm a Notable.
No, it makes no differene to what I'm about to say.
No, I don't consider myself better than anyone.
Yes, I may be over-stepping the mark.
No, I don't apologise for it.

-----

While no names will be mentioned, this post is aimed at specific people who use this particular forum. You know who you are.

For chrissakes will you people grow up. I am sick to the back teeth of reading these stupid, immature posts and threads insulting other users.

I don't mind joke or light-hearted topics, but if you have a problem with another user, deal with it. Don't litter this forum with your trash talking and name calling - we are not fecking interested in your personal childish squabbles. If you absolutely must spew your venomous bile at someone, sod off and do it elsewhere - you are not wanted here.

You don't look big, clever, funny, or cool - you look like a moron, and will be treated as such.

This forum is for discussing PlayStation consoles and games. If it's not about either of those subjects, DON'T POST IT HERE.

The SR staff are already keeping an eye on some of the people concerned, and personally, the sooner they ban you the better, as far as I'm concerned.

Buck up, or buck off.
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
what you are blaming me for getting a load of jip off some people i dont even know? i dont have a clue who they were, they are friends of grapo's who i fell out with so i continued it on MSN to keep it off the forum but he brought it here.
Wed 17/04/02 at 23:36
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
KR wrote:
>to right, no one deserves more then two chances and he used both of them as asterix and treguard

And this is the reason why no-one apart from the SR staff should have the ability to ban people. KR has already fallen out with people, either through his own doing, or his association with them at school, if you can't be bothered to sort these kind of squables out in the playground where they belong then you shouldn't do them here!

I know it's not only KR and others who have had this problem here, it's applied to alot of new peeps but it always seems to stem from youngsters who have heard about this place from their mates and decide to come on here, sign themselves up and dish out a bit of stick just for the fun of it.

Perhaps that's where it needs to start, those who suggest others coming on here should think twice about the consequenses before they suggest their mates join in on this forum?
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:06
Regular
Mandatare wrote:
. For example, if KR was voted in to choose the newbies
> who can come in, then Treguard come back and was a decent poster. KR
> wouldn't let him in because of recent incidents.

to right, no one deserves more then two chances and he used both of them as asterix and treguard
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
Well said Wookiee - I couldnt have put it better myself!
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:24
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
As long as you dont start being argumentative and start swearing and generally being offensive then nobody will have any problems.

There have been some people on here recently who have been banned because of their behaviour and they keep registering again and coming back and doing the same thing. It is making people here very wary of any JAT'S and Newbies so just be nice and there will no problems..

Enjoy . :D
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:19
i hope this newbie infestation doesn't affect how you feel about me.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Great new name Mandatare but hey - chill out a bit Iv'e already answered your post.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
i agree with Nh as this is in my topic which no-one will read AS EXPECTED.
Wed 17/04/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I understand exactly what you are saying and I cant see that anything is likely to change either. I think the only thing to do is to ignore the rubbish posts - dont reply and they will sink or if they are offensive just report and leave - dont even post post bye bye to them ..
Wed 17/04/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Goatboy wrote:
>Wheras in the "real" world, I'm an unrelentingly angry and bitter person.

And that in itself isn't a bad thing, I take it that this is reflected in your music? Good to see you in here Goatboy by the way, makes a refreshing change instead of only Wookiee being in here.

Moderators is a good idea, but as has been pointed out that would probably need a complete re-write of the whole forum or the installation of a new forum system.....how SR would feel about implementing this kind of change is another question.

They've had this forum like this for at lease the last year and my own feeling is that it runs ok, couple of hic-cups with the servers but hey, so what!

I very much doubt that Mr Snuggly and crew would want to go through the changes either. I also don't think that Notables have the respect from JAT's or Newbies (no offence meant here) because they very rarely spend time browsing the forums to see what's going on, they just come straight into here and start posting cr@p. Those that have made it past say 20 days have at some point probably run into a Notable thread and have maybe read what they have to say and hopefully start thinking about what they are saying themselves.

I don't know if that last part is very clear but I know what I meant, if you don't get it let me know and I'll try and explain it a bit better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.