GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 vs XBOX"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 17:49
Regular
I got a PS2 the christmas it came out and have been thouroughly impressed all the time. I have recently borrowed the xbox (as a friend went on holiday) and I feel quite the opposite.

Read Below.

PS2
Good Graphics
Ace Games
Traditional Sony Controls
Looks Good

Only bad thing is no hard drive

Xbox
Crap Games (except for couple like championship manager)
Expensive
Massive (Bad Point)
Control looks crap

And last of all, the richest man in the world made it!
Thu 18/04/02 at 14:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The problem I see with the x-box is that aside from one or two launch games, I've seen no other titles which have convinced me to spend so much money on the console. Most of the games coming out for the x-box in the next few months seem to be conversions from other systems.

The console relly needs to get some of its own franchises started, that distinguish this console from the others. Without them it could end up being a expensive flop for microsoft. It already looks like the x-box is beginning to head that way now with the slow sales. Time will tell I suppose.
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:36
"High polygon count"
Xbox just became much better value though - price drops to £199 as of April 26th, with those who payed £299 being offered two free games and a free controller as compensation.

See http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk /display_messages.php?threadid=40074&forumid=130

(Remove the space)

Be very interesting to see how Sony respond.
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:35
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Well, my dad's bigger than your dad. And my dad's going to beat your dad up. So poo to you.
.....if you can't beat 'em....
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Time 2 play the gur"
zaphod beeblebrox wrote:
> also the joy pads controlls are set out in rubbish places and look
> stupid.
> x-box sucks x-box sucks x-box sucks x-box sucks

this guy talks sense good on you mate your so right xbox is gonna be the worst console since the sega saturn
Thu 18/04/02 at 09:33
also the joy pads controlls are set out in rubbish places and look stupid.
x-box sucks x-box sucks x-box sucks x-box sucks
Tue 16/04/02 at 10:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Maybe...
Tue 16/04/02 at 10:37
Regular
"size does matter"
I wonder if it would be revoulutionary to start a thread called "ps2 and xbox - hand in hand"... no bashing whatsoever, only angel-like comments on how nice both of them are...
Tue 16/04/02 at 09:49
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
MetalGearSolid2King wrote:

> Lets leave this topic down to personal oppinion and stop this petty
> " MY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN YOURS " rubbish becuase it is
> stupid and you will only get anger from me on this topic! HUH!

I agree totally - this console wars rubbish is a complete waste of time.

The best way to get rid of it is to ignore the topics when they come up, I know how tempting it is to post but if we all try not to then they will sink into oblivion.
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:26
"Right!!!!!™"
I'm sick off it to there both the same.
Mon 15/04/02 at 18:14
I am sick of this topic, it is down to oppinions and I have mine and I keep it to myself, I thought you said you had played it so why did you make the comment " controls look crap ", I you had played it you would know if they were or not so you would not need to say 'LOOK', the X-BOX is an amazing console but so is the PS2 and we don't need people telling us this rubbish when your facts are pathetic! SIZE DOES NOT MATTER! This has got to be the most annoying thing that anyone can say, the console is not crap becuase of the size it is the games!

The PS2's launch was not that successful either and the X-BOX one has far topped anyones estimations, HALO, MAX PAYNE, PROJCET GOTHAM RACING, WRECKLESS, DEAD OR ALIVE 3, JSRF, AMPED, MUNCH's ODDYSEY.

I am not picking bad things out about the PS2 but why do it aobut the X-BOX, especially so soon after the launch!

Before you say I do own a PS2 but I am trading it for an X-BOX and I would not do that if the X-BOX was rubbish!

Lets leave this topic down to personal oppinion and stop this petty " MY CONSOLE IS BETTER THAN YOURS " rubbish becuase it is stupid and you will only get anger from me on this topic! HUH!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.