GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 is past it - it's official !!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 11:18
Regular
So there I was in Debenhams yesterday walking past the EB in store franchise bit when I overhead this woman ask the sales assistant what console would be best be buy for little Johnies birthday. Being a bit of a nosey parker I feigned interest in the dreamcast games next to the counter so I could listen in !!

The rather interesting reply was that the one to go for was the X-box as it is the most powerful. What about the Playstation 2 she asked - well that's past it now really was the educated reply. The X-box is well ahead of it now and the Gamecube will be out in a few weeks and that has much better games.

Well now you know everyone - you might as well face up to it and start trading in those PS2's.

Why the hell do EB employ these clowns ????
Sun 21/04/02 at 13:28
So gone are the days when you were supposed to pay more for things that are SUPPOSEDLY better.
Sun 21/04/02 at 12:06
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
swander87 wrote:
> Poor little Johnnie.
>
> You DO realise that the XBOX is at £100 more than the PS2, and
> around £130 more than the GCN?

Not any more it isn't?!!
Sat 20/04/02 at 21:11
Someone said EB were totally overpriced?? Damn right they are !! How can the charge near full price for pre-owned games?? no doubt they take them off your hands for a 10er and flog em for 30...daylight robbery
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:04
Bet Johnny EB staff member didn't mention that one week recently, both the PSOne and the Dreamcast outsold the XBox in Japan.....
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:54
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Well, i strongly disagree with the EB's member of staff's recommendation, but now the X-Box has been reduced to £200 it would be reasonable to recommend the X-Box. But the PS2 being passed it and not worth your money, get a life! The PS2 will not be passed it for years to come. If it was past it, like the Playstation i have to say, the developers wouldn't be creating and ready to be releasing games at this very moment. Please, EB and all Game stores, get your facts right before saying something. As my good ol' mum used to tell me, "Think before you speak". Plus, before i leave, i would just like to ask if anyone else gets £300 spent on them for their birthday? If not, i sure don't, then this kid is one lucky boy.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
We should all be thankful we can think for ourselves when it comes down to gaming. I always avoid staff members in game shops, since to me they always seem to ponce about thinking they know everything about games. I suppose this sad but true story proves they don't.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:46
Ah well, Johnny EB staff member will have the EB company opinions, and maybe his own too. The real shame here is that the non console aware members of the public use these tech equivalents of McD/BK staff for advice. Who's to blame? The public not spending time on researching their purchases properly, or the staff member giving potentially biased information?

Anyway, I think shops should have more clown staff. Overly large boots are cool.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:48
That is my oppinion, my mate imported one from america and got luigis mansion and i liked that but the others were terrible, its is just my oppinion as I think the GC will not keep up with the class of both the PS2 and X-BOX, I have my own reasons for this and if you want to know then you can ask but otherwise it isn't for me.
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Maybe 'it' was just saying that to maybe get the customer to buy the most expensive product and so she will get more money for the store and credit for the sale.

Maybe the managers of the store have told them to do that.

And if not then the assitant doesnt deserve to be employed at all.

:D
Mon 15/04/02 at 19:45
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Poor little Johnnie.

You DO realise that the XBOX is at £100 more than the PS2, and around £130 more than the GCN?

So they'd like you to buy an XBOX more?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.