GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things you probably don't remember"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/12/07 at 10:50
Regular
Planes!

Last year for Christmas it was just me and my mum, this year my brothers were here and so were our girlfriends. So I bought 7 of these little planes and we all had a great time trying to poke each others eyes out. We played with them all the time as kids, I think some of the girly forum members might remember a bird version that even my girlfriend from Singapore had when she was young.

They cost 20p each and only last a few hours, but they're still great fun. =)

Top Trump

Another blast from the past, I use to play with these cards a lot in the playground. This was before iPods, Gameboys and Tamagotchis. I remember so many different packs; trucks, cars, lorries, planes, boats, warships, tanks, etc. Now with the new owners it's all Simpsons, Golden Compass, Top Gear, Man U, Shrek 2 and Doctor Who. Not a tank in sight =( I'm sure someone will say they still do all the vehicles aswell but you never see them in the shops anymore.

I was given the Simpsons one which is okay, not sure about some of the attributes though. 'Good listener', 'Shamelessness' and 'Huggability'. Before they went all MonopolyŽ on us, I think they did some Warhammer ones, I can't remember if I liked them or not. I can't find anything on Google so maybe I dreamt it.
Sun 30/12/07 at 13:59
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Nin wrote:
> I had Monster in Your Pocket Top Trumps.
> I was actually playing a game with my niece only yesterday. She
> had a Jaqueline Wilson set (Dont you dare laugh, you ba**ards.)

HAAAAHAAhaha...etc :)

Top Trumps rocked my world as a kid, I had some Warhammer ones, pretty wicked, and some World Cup version (if you had anyone from Brazil you knew you were a winner). Also had some Tank ones and super cars. Ah, fond memories!
Sat 29/12/07 at 22:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I had Monster in Your Pocket Top Trumps.
I was actually playing a game with my niece only yesterday. She had a Jaqueline Wilson set (Dont you dare laugh, you ba**ards.)
Sat 29/12/07 at 22:10
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I had the Top Trumps too, them and pogs :D I still have a whole set of the world series official ones somewhere.

As for trumps, I had the monster truck and some alien set, be damned if I can remember exactly what they were
Sat 29/12/07 at 14:22
"possibly impossible"
Used to get the bird ones from Cricket St Thomas and plane ones in the shops sometimes.

and used to play trumps in School (over 20 years ago), got the Lord of the Rings ones free with tokens on Weetabix a few years back.
Sat 29/12/07 at 12:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I remember those planes too, I'm sure there are many in my garden somewhere. They did last longer than you said, but mainly with the help of some tape! :)
Sat 29/12/07 at 12:08
Regular
"you've got a beard"
still got one of those planes :D
Sat 29/12/07 at 11:36
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I remember those planes, they were great. Many of mine did actually last longer, owing to the fact they were attatched to my bedroom ceiling somehow.

Top Trumps? I was never into them. I got some in my stocking one Christmas (As did my brother) and never used them as far as I remember. Blame the fact it was the 1990s.
Sat 29/12/07 at 10:50
Regular
Planes!

Last year for Christmas it was just me and my mum, this year my brothers were here and so were our girlfriends. So I bought 7 of these little planes and we all had a great time trying to poke each others eyes out. We played with them all the time as kids, I think some of the girly forum members might remember a bird version that even my girlfriend from Singapore had when she was young.

They cost 20p each and only last a few hours, but they're still great fun. =)

Top Trump

Another blast from the past, I use to play with these cards a lot in the playground. This was before iPods, Gameboys and Tamagotchis. I remember so many different packs; trucks, cars, lorries, planes, boats, warships, tanks, etc. Now with the new owners it's all Simpsons, Golden Compass, Top Gear, Man U, Shrek 2 and Doctor Who. Not a tank in sight =( I'm sure someone will say they still do all the vehicles aswell but you never see them in the shops anymore.

I was given the Simpsons one which is okay, not sure about some of the attributes though. 'Good listener', 'Shamelessness' and 'Huggability'. Before they went all MonopolyŽ on us, I think they did some Warhammer ones, I can't remember if I liked them or not. I can't find anything on Google so maybe I dreamt it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.